3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

September 2014 racing thread (Read 33 times)

Feeling the growl again

Line 'em up.

9/1 - C-R - North Salem 10K - 40:22                                                                         41:24; 1AG

9/1 - spaniel - North Salem 10K - 36:00, 1OA                                                           34:53; 1OA

9/1 - WhoDatRunner - North Salem 5K - 28:00, make it for some beer scraps        28:10 + beer

9/4 - Ntown Kevin - King of the Hill 5K - win                                                              17:33; 3OA

9/7 - rockenmamaof5 - Via Half Marathon - 1:47 (PR) or workout if nasty temps    1:46:12; PR

9/13 - C-R - Trojan Trot 5k Carmel, IN <19                                                                19:04

9/13 - spaniel - Hendricks County HM - 1:15; 1OA                                                 1:13:23, likely ~30sec short, 1OA

9/14 - Joann Y - Bucktown 5k - goal <23:40 (PR would be <24:06)                           23:15; big PR

9/14 - Journal Jog - Reno NV. - 8k - Goal: Sub 30                                                     29:45

9/14 - Roth Runner - HSBC Relay Triathlon (run leg) - Dorney, Windsor, UK, goal <35:00, hopefully a good finish for the team.  34:13

9/21 - milktruck - Portland Trails 10K - 45:10 - Course PB

9/28 - mbehr - Still Shuffle 5k; 5k - 16:35

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

9/1, North Salem 10K, sub-36 and 1OA.

This is a slow course and the weather is typically nasty.  This year looks not to disappoint (low 70s, high humidity or rain).  I think I am close to the shape I was in when I set my personal course record (34:18) but the weather was nice that year.  37:38 last year for second, so I'll say sub-36 for the win this year.  This is one of those races that is never fast but it's a pretty rolling course so I look forward to it each year.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Just a dude.

9/14 - Journal Jog - Reno NV. - 8k - Goal: Sub 30.

That would get me about 12th place last year. So I should have people to run with/against...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

C-R

This is a slow course and the weather is typically nasty.  This year looks not to disappoint (low 70s, high humidity or rain).  I think I am close to the shape I was in when I set my personal course record (34:18) but the weather was nice that year.  37:38 last year for second, so I'll say sub-36 for the win this year.  This is one of those races that is never fast but it's a pretty rolling course so I look forward to it each year.

I'm in going for a new PR <40:22.

Its a challenging course and it probably will be hot and humid but screw it as this is the Hurtlocker

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

9/7 Via Half marathon

If we have great weather the plan is to PR (sub 1:47) i( Tuesday's going to be  in the 90's and September isn't known for cool temps)

If it's hot and humid the plan is to keep it as a "tempo" run for my Marathon in early October.

Tomorrow's high is going to be in the 90's and very humid, I don't see Sunday being much different even if the temps are supposed to be lower. No racing for me. Going to turn it into a MP run

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

Its a challenging course and it probably will be hot and humid but screw it as this is the Hurtlocker

F yeah, cold beer waiting after

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

9/1 - North Salem 5K

My goal is to not run hard and make it over to Spaniel Farms before Spaniel and C-R drink all the beer. So maybe 28:00?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

9/13 Trojan Trot 5k Carmel, IN <19 damn it.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I asked my buddy at work if he was going to be at the race Monday. He said "Not if Spaniel's going to be there. He's in my AG." 

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

I asked my buddy at work if he was going to be at the race Monday. He said "Not if Spaniel's going to be there. He's in my AG." 

LOL.  Yet I can't seem to win this f*cker very often.

9/4 - Ntown Kevin - King of the Hill 5K - win 

No time goal. Just win back my race that the punk kid from HR stole last year (it's a local corporate race) when I had to run it four days after a marathon. And, especially since I'm pissed about my race this morning, will be running with a chip.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                        C-R

Yeah. Nope. 41:24 but 1AG

Feeling the growl again

1OA, 34:53 on my watch.  On the hard end of tempo from when I locked up 1st at 2 miles until finding some higher gears over the last half mile.  For in the 70s with 97% humidity I'm very, very happy with this on this course.

Just a dude.

Nice. Sounds like you ended up quite a bit under your expectations.

Great job Spaniel!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

9/1 - North Salem 5K

My goal is to not run hard and make it over to Spaniel Farms before Spaniel and C-R drink all the beer. So maybe 28:00?

28:10 and didn't run hard. Now to find out if there's any beer left.