3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

September 2014 racing thread (Read 33 times)

Just a dude.

Yo dawgs ... I gotta brag a little here on my wife..  It has something to do with racing so maybe it belongs here.

My wife Kathy got a photo in this months (Oct/Nov 2014) issue of Running Times mag!! Page 67 half page photo of the 2013 Silicon Valley Tukey Trot  Elite 5K that accompanies an article about Thanksgiving day races.  Go check it out.

We didn't even know it until I got the magazine in the mail and saw the article and looked at her and said "they should have used one of your photos for this".  She looked at it and said "That IS my photo!".  She gets credited in the lower left corner of the page.

She's amazing.  Started photographing races by following me around and now has gotten quite a few photos in mags, including a cover once.  We're talking from zero experience to knowing lots of people in racing now, a lot more than I know even!  So proud.

Nice. Is this her first photo in a magazine?

Congrats!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

kcam

No but this is the first one in a nationally circulated magazine.  She's had several in California Track and Running News and some other regional pubs (including shot that made the cover of CTRN of Shalane Flanagan and Sara Hall running stride for stride at Stanford's Peyton-Jordan one year).

If you're walking by the magazine section stop and check it out, nice shot with Ritz, Diego Rivera, David Torrance and a bunch of other elites bearing down on the viewer.

Ken, that's pretty cool. I was just thumbing through the magazine yesterday and noticed that photo. It really is an impressive shot.

And we run because we like it
        Through the broad bright land

No but this is the first one in a nationally circulated magazine.  She's had several in California Track and Running News and some other regional pubs (including shot that made the cover of CTRN of Shalane Flanagan and Sara Hall running stride for stride at Stanford's Peyton-Jordan one year).

If you're walking by the magazine section stop and check it out, nice shot with Ritz, Diego Rivera, David Torrance and a bunch of other elites bearing down on the viewer.

That's awesome Ken.  Congrats to her.

Yup - sorry I didn't see this earlier - Congrats to your wife ken.

Hope your running is going well at the moment.

kcam

Thanks guys.  I'm just so dang proud of what she's accomplished since taking up photography just five years ago.

My running's going fine, Robin.  Have a few XC races, a 1/2 Marathon, 10K and a Marathon lined up to finish off the year.  It's gonna be fun!

C-R

Being the cheap bastid that I am I had to go look this up at the book store. Way cool Ken.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Thanks guys.  I'm just so dang proud of what she's accomplished since taking up photography just five years ago.

My running's going fine, Robin.  Have a few XC races, a 1/2 Marathon, 10K and a Marathon lined up to finish off the year.  It's gonna be fun!

CIM?

I had my Sacramento relatives over a few weeks ago and we are looking to get back out to see them in the next couple of years and I think I may just time it so I can run the CIM.

9/27 - Roth Runner - Streatham XC 6 miler - sub 40:30? - Tune up race 8 days from marathon.

Will have a real go at this on Saturday as my training has been poor the last couple of weeks and I need a jolt before my marathon. The course is XC but it should be firm under foot, but there is 700ft of hills to contend with. Time could be anywhere between 40 and 42 I reckon.

Ugh.. Make sure to pack your oxygen mask for Willow Hills! The fires are wreaking havoc with the air quality up there.

And we run because we like it
                      Through the broad bright land

kcam

Hey!  It was freaking gorgeous out at Willow Hlls this morning.  Must have been the rain that we had the last day or two.  Still ran like crap though.  Have you ever run that course?  It's tougher than I remembered it - nothing's flat, you're either going up or going down and it's pretty loose and rocky in many places.

Good day for the Behr family. It was a little warm out there but still a good morning for racing. The little cubs had just a bit of nervous energy before the race. They were ready to go. They both completely smashed their goal.

Me- 1OA- 16:29
                          8yo boy- 22:29 vs goal of 23, 1ag
                          Mamma- 22:48 (she did her long run yesterday), 1ag
                          10yo girl- 24:26 vs goal of 30, 1ag

It was a good day and I'm a proud papa Behr!

Good day for the Behr family. It was a little warm out there but still a good morning for racing. The little cubs had just a bit of nervous energy before the race. They were ready to go. They both completely smashed their goal.

Wow. That is awesome. I just started running with my 8yo guy, 1.5 miles the last 3 weekends, as he's "training" for a 2k xc race in Nov.

22:29 is incredible. We get around the 1.5 in a little over 10 minute pace. Your little dude must have the fire.

Quite a day for the fam though. Really cool.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

The Pocatello Kid.

What's in the water over there? Nice work by whole family!

Feeling the growl again

Too cool!!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills