3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2020 HL Race Calendar (Read 22 times)

DoppleBock

Good luck - We are walking the shamrock shuffle in Madison with friends this weekend ... They wanted to walk it together and as much as it pains me ... I agreed to stick together and not get lost in the thousands of people.

This describes me 100% but I do it anyway.

NYRR HM on Sat. I'm shooting for under 2.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

kcam

Is the NYRR half cancelled now?

I'm in the SF Bay Area and two local races are now cancelled/postponed.  The are both on the USATF Pacific Road Grand Prix circuit so kind of a big deal (at least, to me!).  One is the Oakland Marathon and Team Relay which I had not planned on running though my club has a couple teams entered in the Relay.  Alameda county had banned large gatherings so permits for the race will not be given.  The other is a much smaller race in a small town that is in Contra Costa county which has banned large gatherings as well.  No permits.  This one was a 1 Mile road race I had planned on running but it was so far out, May, that I hadn't even thought much about it yet.

My other two races on the near-term schedule are still 'ON' at this moment but I'm doubting whether they'll go off as planned.

Stay well, friends!

kcam

Well flock.  Just got an email that my 5K at end of March is cancelled.

C-R

I forgot to mention mine is virtual so I get to run no matter what.

Anyone here run in Brooks? I just got some Adrenalines (on sale) and damn if they don't seem to help with my calf tightness. Stories or thoughts welcome. I'm a NB ho and haven't switched since I discovered Sketchers helped cause my AT.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

kcam

I'm thinking now that the only races I'll be doing in the next couple months are my clubs Saturday races.  Got one coming up this Saturday ... 3.0 miles.  That one won't be canceled.

C-R

NYRR Virtual HM done 1:57:38.

It ain't fast but its a start.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

kcam

Not bad! Onward and upward.  You think you'd run faster in an actual rather than virtual race?  I'm 100% sure I would.  Time trials are really tough for me, to easy for me to rationalize easing up.

I ran 21:08 for my 3.0 mile club race yesterday, course is not easy with a 1 mile climb (7:39), 1 mile rolling up top (7:18), then 1 mile back down the hill to the start/finish (6:11).  That pencils out to about 21:24 for a 5K.

Observations:  I ran my 10mile road race last Sat at HR of 150 and average 7:28 pace.  For yesterday's race I planned to get to 155 HR and hold there for the race.  I just couldn't push myself hard enough to get to 155.  Ran about 150 HR for 2.5 miles and then finally got a little extra oomph into it to gradually get HR to about 160 momentarily to the finish.  Weird that I could hold 150 for 10 miles but couldn't get higher for just a 3 mile race.  My average pace was faster, though - 7:03 vs 7:29.  Maybe its time to work on a little faster workouts in training now.

C-R

That's some good racing.

Agree the time trial thin is a challenge but I need all the challenges I can get.

dpschumacher

3 months til Masters

Ugh...my may races canceled too (understandably). It may be oct before I can get a race in. Just gonna keep grinding away

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k