3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

January 2014 Race Thread (Read 39 times)

C-R

Brewed my first beer today and ran 16:22, the brew looks shite but maybe I can run sub16 one day?!

Forget the beer. That's smoking it on the road.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Brewed my first beer today and ran 16:22, the brew looks shite but maybe I can run sub16 one day?!

Whoa!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

kcam

Really nIce - congratulations Robin!

I didn't brew a beer today (though I'm going to get up from this desk and go get one right now!) but I did run a 19:28 today!  Not counting XC  races I have to go back to 2009 to find a 5K that I ran slower than that.  Not a good sign folks.  In my club, we keep track of 'PW's.  You have to have been trying and STILL run slower than you ever have to qualify for the vaunted PW.  Today was my slowest 5,000 ever on the track.  That, I believe, is a PW for me.  Whoohoo.

Gville Kevin

1/26

Winter Wonderland 5

5 Miles

Milford, CT

<28

Coming down from the hills to run on the coast with the big boys from the New Haven area clubs (USATFCT race), so should have plenty of people to run with - hence the ambitious goal.

Unofficial 28:35 (it was somewhere right around that). Conditions were brutal - only about a mile of blacktop, plus temps/wind. So time wasn't great, but as a race it was tremendous. Lots of fast guys, lots of moves to think about - tons of fun. Spring day I crush the time goal, but today, I raced.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Nice running this weekend Robin and Kevin. Way to finish off January for us.

Kevin, I saw a picture of the race conditions in another thread and I think had the conditions been better, you definitely would have been <28.

Thanks, I think so too. The three guus who beat me all ran about 80 seconds faster last year. Too bad, but still a good race.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
              We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
              C-R

I know I didn't post this but I have to Dad Brag. CR Jr. ran the 3000 at the USATF JO Midwest Indoor T&F Championships today. 11:26 (yup - after that epic beating we took yesterday in the XC snow race) and finished 3rd. Qualified for Nationals.

Oh and there were some fast kids running out there.15-16 boys winner ran 9:01 for 3000 and didn't look like he was pushing it.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

That's a 10 sec PR? Congratulations!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I know I didn't post this but I have to Dad Brag. CR Jr. ran the 3000 at the USATF JO Midwest Indoor T&F Championships today. 11:26 (yup - after that epic beating we took yesterday in the XC snow race) and finished 3rd. Qualified for Nationals.

Oh and there were some fast kids running out there.15-16 boys winner ran 9:01 for 3000 and didn't look like he was pushing it.

Congrats to CR Jr!

steph  

Now that's something to brag about.  Awesome run for Jr.  The rest of us better be watching out in a couple of years.

+1, I'm watching my back from over the atlantic...

Congrats to CR Jr!

You'll be back Ken no doubt!

Really nIce - congratulations Robin!

I didn't brew a beer today (though I'm going to get up from this desk and go get one right now!) but I did run a 19:28 today!  Not counting XC  races I have to go back to 2009 to find a 5K that I ran slower than that.  Not a good sign folks.  In my club, we keep track of 'PW's.  You have to have been trying and STILL run slower than you ever have to qualify for the vaunted PW.  Today was my slowest 5,000 ever on the track.  That, I believe, is a PW for me.  Whoohoo.