3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

Yeah, 2400.1 would pretty much destroy me too...if you end up with that by mistake will you have to go further to sort it out, or will you run backwards to cancel the 0.1?  In fact, going over what would be a beautiful 2400 is going to hurt my stupid number issues, and I can't reach 2424 without divorce (I don't think, and I'm just not as good at some of you guys at stepping it up like that), so I'm going to have to be upset with my mileage being more than it was and hope I can find something good in it, a higher mileage year is better I guess, but lower would have been more beautiful...I really liked the idea of that 2345.6, I really did.  Well done again, and thanks for pushing me along this month.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Hoppity, you could do 2412 or 2412.3.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Smile  2412 was one thing in my head...2412.3 was something I hadn't thought about, but it is a good number, I like the mix it gives!  I'm at 2407.1 at the moment, so I either need to hold back to get that, or just cope with a "bad" number.  2424 is so tempting, but I'm just not sure I can negotiate the time needed to get those extra miles (think I'm likely to end around 2417 at this rate, I think I could settle for 2418 though)...hmmm.

Okay, I just said to my husband that "if" I were able to run 16.9 more miles by the end of tomorrow, it would make 2424 for the year...he gave me a resigned look and said "that's a nice number, isn't it".  I'm tempted to take that as permission.  I'll let him keep some electronic crap I was threatening to bin if this happens.

Last two days everyone....it's been a good month!

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

C-R

Todyas first run consisted of hills and let me tell you after a nice HM yesterday, one and a half hours ice skating and four hours climbing scaffolding to put up boards this run was tough. Glad you people gave some inspiration to get it done. It would have been very easy to sleep in. Buttheads - the lot of ya.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Okay, I just said to my husband that "if" I were able to run 16.9 more miles by the end of tomorrow, it would make 2424 for the year...

Good running Hop, looks like you are indeed going for the 2424.  I'll almost surely have to concede as you'll still be up 5+ miles after my evening run and I won't be able to manage much more than an hour run tomorrow.

It's been quite fun competing with you and Greg...congrats on a great month of running (and a great year too).

Damn CR, nothing like a little extra "cross training"

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Buttheads - the lot of ya.

Yes we are Beavis.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Greg has got his 2400 with a day to spare. Awesome!

Good running Hop, looks like you are indeed going for the 2424.  I'll almost surely have to concede as you'll still be up 5+ miles after my evening run and I won't be able to manage much more than an hour run tomorrow.

It's been quite fun competing with you and Greg...congrats on a great month of running (and a great year too).

Damn CR, nothing like a little extra "cross training"

Thanks pfetro. Maybe you'll find some extra time between now and midnight tomorrow, so we shouldn't call it yet! Plus there are no guarantees on my run(s) tomorrow, but I am aiming for the 2424 now. It's definitely been good competing with you and Greg...I already have signficantly more miles than I thought was possible (both for me physically and in terms of getting them in around life..however this month has been relaxed in terms of work, something unlikely again until next December). You've had a great end to the year and picked it up strongly, which I think is hard to do when injury has been hanging around, I hope the niggles retreat and you have a really good 2012.

Thanks Hop. 10.94 for you tomorrow?

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

10.94 for you tomorrow?

Pretty much.  I've just played with my log, and it looks like I actually need to do 10.95 to get 2424.24 (as currently on 2413.29) so I guess that's what I'm going to try and run!  This is turning out to be quite anally retentive in terms of numbers!

And +1 on the "cross-training" C-R, you are certainly ensuring things are hard earned...climbing scaffolding has to be hard on the legs (or I often find climbing, especially after a break, to be pretty tiring on the quads and calves) and that's before I think about skating.

Prince of Fatness

I've just played with my log

Quoted for prosperity.  Yeah, I'm immature.

Not at it at all. 

Slo

Is it too early to ask what's on tap for January? Big grin

I've just played with my log

Quoted for prosperity.  Yeah, I'm immature.

Wink

Feeling the growl again

I don't know, but I'm not "it"....

I nominate beef for the vodka 5K.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

I'm resting up by racing a marathon.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/