3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Jan 13-19 Training (Read 13 times)

kcam

Good luck on the PF.  I won't offer advice as I believe you know better than the rest of us what to do!  I have NO running niggles but I struggle to get past 9 or so consecutive days of running.  27 days would be very good for me.  I am running as slowly as I need nowadays, no worries about pace and at least I'm doing pretty good sticking to that.  Pace is not one of the fields displayed on my GPS.  HR, Cadence, Distance.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My running has been erratic since 2013 for a loooooong list of reasons. I had a rough bout of PF a couple years ago that ended up leading to stress fractures in my foot. 2018 I ran a grand total of 365 miles, way down from my annual 2000+. Last year I got almost 600. So I've decided to streak but to do so from a point of no base. (In reality I have a long base and a lot better mental game than when I started running years ago, but anyhow.) My body is clearly trying to fight back at the effort I am giving it, so I'm taking it generally easy and keeping things low until that all passes. My primary goal is just to get fit this year so that maybe next year I can run the big miles of yore.

Just a dude.

Goals:

45 miles

14 mile long run

Get off the road at least once

Keep losing weight...

-Kelly

46.2 miles

14.2 long run

No trails, but did do a run in 3-4 inches of fresh snow. That should count for something

Lost some weight (239.4)

Onward!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

kcam

'big miles of yore' - me too!

Kelly - ggod job on the weight and yep I'd say snow running gets extra credit.   You inspired my run this morning, FYI.  I almost didn't go run cuz I was sore/tired/too cold out etc.  Just had trouble facing up to the task.  Then I thought 'just get out on a trail a la Kelly.  I drove to the trailhead then ran about 7.5 mile's of gorgeous singletrack hills.  Tough run but I'm glad I got out there and I didn't take the goose egg.  Thanks man.

DoppleBock

Results seen below - Sunday was my 100 day in a row.

Mixed bag this week ... I worked really late in PA ... So I chose to give up the weights for miles.

Monday blew up as I travelled and then was beat tired

Goals

70 Miles ... Actual 72 Miles

5,000 vertical ... Actual 6,717 Feet

3x weights ... Actual 1x

0 Booze - Make up for too much last week ... Drank beer watching the Packers get their asses kicked

I am in PA this week ~ After Mondays minimal effort to get in my run streak ... The efforts will be OK Tue-Fri ... then I will need a bigger run Sat or Sun to catch up to hit 70.  No Volleyball this weekend ... so that is very doable.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !