3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

March Racing Thread (Read 1400 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Go Nads Go!

MTA: That looks strangely out of place at the top of the page.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Thanks, guys. 

I'll take it, ra!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Sorry ra...but look at it this way, hobbling and walking you were still way faster than any race last year...

I finished 19th. Not too bad, all things considered. It would have been an easy win for you. The winner was a little over 19 min.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Top 20 is sweet. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Top 20 is sweet. 

There were only 121 finishers and probably less than half were actually running, but I'll take it. You'd have won it too with that 19 min run of yours Nads. Wink

There were only 121 finishers and probably less than half were actually running, but I'll take it. You'd have won it too with that 19 min run of yours Nads. Wink

You sound hungry and unsatisfied.  Nice. 

Feeling the growl again

I finished 19th. Not too bad, all things considered. It would have been an easy win for you. The winner was a little over 19 min.

I should have showed up and sat on the leader until .25mi out, acting like I was dying, then turned on the burners.  Wink   Great way to make friends.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

pfetro - March 25th - Shamrock Shuffle 8k, Chicago  - Still working on a goal but sub 29 sounds good for now.

I will be a DNS for this one due to a pelvis alignment problem that has kept me from running the last 3-4 weeks.

Flying Dutchmen 5k

Orangeburg, NY

3/24

sub-19

18:33

I will be a DNS for this one due to a pelvis alignment problem that has kept me from running the last 3-4 weeks.

I hope you get this addressed properly. 

Feeling the growl again

spaniel -- 3/24 -- Sam Costa HM -- <1:15

The goal is pathetic....>5min off my PR and I still think I was easily in <1:12 shape last March...but given how things have been going....

Also, that would still be my fastest time since May 2007.

About 1:15:21. Lost a significant amount of time...anywhere from thirty seconds to a couple minutes...after I was outright assaulted by another runner early in the race. It is a pretty outrageous story I will share when I have a keyboard.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

18:33

Daaaaammmmnnn! Now that's bringing the heat.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

Sam Costa 1:32:53 (not official yet).

Not bad. Bettered the time from Tom King so that's good. Great racing weather. 50's and overcast with light winds.

Need to lose some weight if I'm gonna get serious. 12 extra lbs ain't helping.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Slo

Nice race Norm.

I just caught the Facebook feed.

Nader...Friggin Awesome job!

Sam Costa 1:32:53 (not official yet).

Not bad. Bettered the time from Tom King so that's good. Great racing weather. 50's and overcast with light winds.

Need to lose some weight if I'm gonna get serious. 12 extra lbs ain't helping.

NICE!

waiting for the details, spaniel.  Still not too far off your goal at all.