3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Hello? Is this thing on? (Read 439 times)

Feeling the growl again

There are roads at Eagle Creek? The park was closed, I used my personal private entrance. I'm just starting back after some IT band and getting hit by a sliding truck issues, so it's been slow going.

WTF?  Hit by a truck?  

Dude, we're still waiting for you to set aside the pansy-ass excuses and show in 6:30am on a Saturday morning.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ostrich runner

Yeah, some jackass was going sideways in a truck that was longer than the road is wide and coming at me. I managed to get my car off the road and he still took out most of the driver's side. I talked to him for a while during his pretend phone call to the police that preceded him leaving the scene. I'm fine, but I was stiff for a couple weeks (and was already getting out of shape). So anyway I just started back, the IT band is still bothering a little, but not as much as the weeks immediately following HUFF.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

C-R

Crazy stuff. Probably another IN driver with no insurance. 

HUFF - you'd think the IT band would have frozen that day. Crap. I swear I'm still defrosting from that one.

Sat at 6:30 56th St parking lot Beef. Be there.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ostrich runner

I could be there, but I'd only see you at the start.

Feeling the growl again

Yeah, some jackass was going sideways in a truck that was longer than the road is wide and coming at me. I managed to get my car off the road and he still took out most of the driver's side. I talked to him for a while during his pretend phone call to the police that preceded him leaving the scene. I'm fine, but I was stiff for a couple weeks (and was already getting out of shape). So anyway I just started back, the IT band is still bothering a little, but not as much as the weeks immediately following HUFF.

I hop you got his plate...glad you are ok.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

I hop you got his plate...glad you are ok.

+1 .... very lame of the guy to take off.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

I could be there, but I'd only see you at the start.

As heavy as the snow was falling, we didn't see much out there in that. I don't know when I've been so happy to see a car go past so I could run in the tracks.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

As heavy as the snow was falling, we didn't see much out there in that. I don't know when I've been so happy to see a car go past so I could run in the tracks.

Yeah.  If I'd have had to run in that alone it would have been a shitty run.

C-R

Yeah.  If I'd have had to run in that alone it would have been a shitty run.

You know it.

Now for that readmill later today.

Ostrich runner

I'm going to head out here in a bit. That was a dark hour this morning, I woke for a minute and thought about you guys. 

I really didn't get anything on the guy besides that it was a silver Dodge Ram with a fixed ladder rack on the back. I had been driving an old Sentra for over a decade and had recently gotten a new car. That might sound negative, but I'm glad I did--much better impact rating and in a less maneuverable car I wouldn't have been able to, um, dodge the ram.

C-R

I'm going to head out here in a bit. That was a dark hour this morning, I woke for a minute and thought about you guys. 

I really didn't get anything on the guy besides that it was a silver Dodge Ram with a fixed ladder rack on the back. I had been driving an old Sentra for over a decade and had recently gotten a new car. That might sound negative, but I'm glad I did--much better impact rating and in a less maneuverable car I wouldn't have been able to, um, dodge the ram.

One of the downsides of living here. Too many assholes driving without insurance and intelligence. Thankfully no major injuries. I'll keep an eye out for Dodge Rams with ladder racks.

Good luck out there this afternoon. No trails but the roads should be nice and soft.

Feeling the growl again

One of the downsides of living here. Too many assholes driving without insurance and intelligence. 

Well see, that's the advantage of living in MI.  You mind your own business and drive safely, some idiot hits you, and since it's no-fault insurance they have no reason to drive off because YOU have to pay for the damage THEY caused to you and your car.  All this for only 2-3X as much per year.

C-R

Well see, that's the advantage of living in MI.  You mind your own business and drive safely, some idiot hits you, and since it's no-fault insurance they have no reason to drive off because YOU have to pay for the damage THEY caused to you and your car.  All this for only 2-3X as much per year.

This proves a "Maxim of Norm" - no matter how bad or dumb things are where you  live, there will always be another places dumber or more screwed up.

For this maxim California doesn't count since it is so screwed up it is 3rd worldish. And yes I lived there for a while and managed to escape.

Ostrich runner

Unrunnable. I tried to take the sidewalk from my apt to the park and fell twice within 400 yards, and that was with Yaktrax. Not today.

Feeling the growl again

Unrunnable. I tried to take the sidewalk from my apt to the park and fell twice within 400 yards, and that was with Yaktrax. Not today.

Hell.  We have at least 5in of heavy snow out here now.  I'm glad we left when we did.  I can see I-74 out my window and it is completely empty.