3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

P & R (Pete and Repeat) Dec 2nd - 8th post what you plan and then your actual (Read 14 times)

DoppleBock

My plan is for => 60 miles

>= 5,000 vertical

2x weights and 2 times Racquetball or Volleyball)

The weekend we are going to Madison for Round 1 & 2 of the NCAA Women's Volleyball Tourney ... so 60 miles is plenty.  If my knee stays unhappy the vertical may be less ... but that is not the plan.

What I really need to do is to reduce beer and eat better.  But right now the critical things is to get miles consistently and start building up until 100% is straight running ... It might take me until February until I eliminate the run / walk

Start weight ~ 272

Goal end weight ... less than 272 Smile

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Just a dude.

Ok... I'll try jumping in here...

Weather is supposed to be pretty bad, and my schedule isn't ideal. Over 20 miles is probably good. I'd like my long (hah) run to 7+. Just continue my weight loss (down about 10 in November...)

I hope I can get at least one run on trails, even if they are snow covered... We'll see...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

DoppleBock

Goal has to be altered this week - Achilles tendon remains a question ~ I can do miles, but vertical is not the AT's friend.

So I will hit miles ... but I am punting on vertical ... with > 10,000 feet last week, that will make this week much easier overall.

I have to think about the real goal of continuous progress even if it is slow progress

I did manage 80 minutes straight running without a walk break last night - That is progress !

Just a dude.

Ok... I'll try jumping in here...

Weather is supposed to be pretty bad, and my schedule isn't ideal. Over 20 miles is probably good. I'd like my long (hah) run to 7+. Just continue my weight loss (down about 10 in November...)

I hope I can get at least one run on trails, even if they are snow covered... We'll see...

-Kelly

7.2 mile "long run"

27.9 total miles

1 run on icy/snowy/slushy trails.

I guess I'll call it a success....

DoppleBock

Sounds like it to me

7.2 mile "long run"

27.9 total miles

1 run on icy/snowy/slushy trails.

I guess I'll call it a success....

DoppleBock

I had to give up on the vertical goal with the achilles hurting.  Without vertical it was a pretty easy week ~ I did do a little TM vertical Thursday and then managed a pretty nice run in Madison Sunday around the arboretum / zoo area while my daughter was at a shotput / discuss training event.

We went to the NCAA 1st and 2nd round Women's Volleyball on Madison and stayed in a hotel Saturday nights ~ All the traveling etc does make it harder to fit in miles.

Total week was 62.3 miles and 1,200 vertical feet

I managed 2 decent runs on TM - 65 minutes and 80 minutes without taking a walk break.  Plus the one really nice run (Mostly running) around the arboretum in madison ... it was 44F and @ 10MPH winds ... so an amazing December 8th to be out running.

Just a dude.

Dopple, do you just set your treadmill for a 5% grade or something like that and pretend it's flat to get your vertical?

-Kelly

DoppleBock

I tend to go intervals at a % grade.  When I get a ton of vertical in on workout a lot of it is hiking right now and not running.  I am really out of shape and I will take anything I can get Smile

I will often do either a 1/2 mile or 5 minutes at one % vertical and then increase ... pyramid up to a % (10 to 15%) and then decrease.

Once I am in better shape the YMCA down in Oshkosh (20 minutes away) has treadmills that go up to 30% incline.

My goals are

* Add aerobic conditioning

* Add strength

* Add power

The end goal is not clear other than weight loss - If I accumulate enough fitness ... I have three paths I could follow

*  Go for fast(er) marathon(s)

*  Go 100 mile race(s) - 50 milers and 50k (Trail)

*  Do another 24 hour race ... this is the least likely that I will ever want that extreme pain and abuse again

I do not think I want to run another slower marathon (Maybe Monkey) ... So I would like to be at least < 3:10 fitness to signup

I can do 50k and 50M trail races without being super fit and have fun

I see no reason to go through the pain of a 100 Mile trail race unless I think I can be under 24 hours ... Unless it was Superior ...