3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

April Racing Thread (Read 1407 times)

Feeling the growl again

Fastest non elite this year ran 2:25:15 at Berlin last fall so you have to at least beat that.

Are we sure they asked?  Wink

That's just what I was told by someone who had it once....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Boston 4/18 Flying in from chicago from my first week of school... Been injured..again....blah blah blah... Sub 3:20..3:15-3:20, if it looks like a tough day might jog it.  have to go back to school next day..

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

L Train

Boston 4/18 Flying in from chicago from my first week of school... Been injured..again....blah blah blah... Sub 3:20..3:15-3:20, if it looks like a tough day might jog it.  have to go back to school next day..

Come on now.  You are always in front of me and I expect nothing different,  I'll spend the entire day looking for the bunny ears. 

April 3 - Alpha Delta Pi-athlon  (Sprint triathlon 300m swim/10 mi bike/ 5k run) - last year was 1:05 

Goal - Sub 1:00, top 5 bike split

I get free entry, seeded number, elite corral, and to stay in the VIP tent until a few minutes before the race start (and after the race), which has....our own porta pottys!! That's pretty much the most awesome thing ever.

And thanks... i'm tired. That one week I tapered for that nonsense race in blizzard conditions was a waste, but overall i'm happy with the training. Not as many miles as I wanted to put in, but probably averaged a LITTLE more than I usually put in. Decent workouts. Decent long runs. I should be good...

Congratulations Candice.  That really is pretty cool.

Thanks Tony Smile

Ok...thought about the upcoming race while in St. Louis for the weekend.  Still no good measure on what kind of shape I'm in but I'm going to throw out there a goal of <35 min for the 10k.  We'll see how that goes.

Feeling the growl again

Changed my Boston goal to 2:37.  I will most likely just be running by feel to finish, and since my fastest Boston is 2:37 I would just like to beat that for some sort of silver lining.  I could only manage 20-odd miles last week.  I feel better today though, but haven't run yet....also started some new pharmaceutical intervention so we'll see how that progresses in a few weeks.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

OK.  I will give you a goal.  I think that I have progressed far enough to give this one a go.  This is still a fitness check in the sense that it will tell me what I have lost since I ran this same race last year (1:12:20).

Goal is sub 1:20.  Aerobically I think that I am there.  We'll see what the legs have to say.

I am running without a watch so hopefully I will get the effort right.

I just found out that they changed the course for this year.  Something about road construction on the course.  This is disappointing because I wanted to compare to last year and see how much I have lost since then.

I still plan on running.  The leg has acted up on a couple of faster runs but I would really like to see how fit that I am.  I can always back off and jog it in if the leg acts up.  I think that I should be OK if I take it out conservatively and ease into the race.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I just found out that they changed the course for this year.  Something about road construction on the course.  This is disappointing because I wanted to compare to last year and see how much I have lost since then.

I still plan on running.  The leg has acted up on a couple of faster runs but I would really like to see how fit that I am.  I can always back off and jog it in if the leg acts up.  I think that I should be OK if I take it out conservatively and ease into the race.

Hey, same course or no you're not on the slidelines.  You'll be back there soon.  Good luck.

I think you'll surprise yourself tater.

Prince of Fatness

Thanks to both of you.  I guess that I really can't claim to be out of shape anymore.  Maybe just out of racing shape.  And a bit heavier than I would like.  It appears that my body can take the mileage because I have been increasing slowly.  The big question will be when I start throwing harder workouts in the mix.  Anyway, there's only one way to find out and I will get some questions answered Saturday morning.

Not at it at all. 

Thanks to both of you.  I guess that I really can't claim to be out of shape anymore.  Maybe just out of racing shape.  And a bit heavier than I would like.  It appears that my body can take the mileage because I have been increasing slowly.  The big question will be when I start throwing harder workouts in the mix.  Anyway, there's only one way to find out and I will get some questions answered Saturday morning.

just an FYI from what I've heard the course is tougher then last year!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Prince of Fatness

just an FYI from what I've heard the course is tougher then last year!

Thanks.  Yeah Denise told me.  I guess that she told you, too.  That's OK.  I can deal with hills.  I saw the course on mapmyrun so I should plot it out here on RA just to get an idea of where the hills are.

Not at it at all. 

Oh no, it's like April already. Umm.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus