3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Jan 20-26 Training (Read 15 times)

DoppleBock

Amen - But on the other hand I am not gaining weight right now either.

Achilles is much better even managed to run in low 8 mpm yesterday. Just having a hell of a time dropping weight.

The good thing about struggling to want to beat myself down ... My body is pretty good right now.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Just a dude.

I am struggling a bit with motivation the last two weeks - But I will just keep faking it until I make it

I'm finding an intermittent challenge with motivation. I think next week needs to be a bit of a cutback week. I've been ramping it up pretty hard for 2 months...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

I'm finding an intermittent challenge with motivation. I think next week needs to be a bit of a cutback week. I've been ramping it up pretty hard for 2 months...

-Kelly

Kelly, probably a good idea. You went from 6 to 46 miles over 12 weeks with steady increase each week.  You probably don’t like the thought of breaking momentum but it will help set you up for the next push over the coming weeks.

Just a dude.

My goals for the week:

45 miles total

15 mile long run

Get off the road at least once. (still a lot of snow out there...)

Keep losing weight.

-Kelly

50.3 Total Miles - Roughly 4000 feet of vertical (since all the cool kids are climbing stuff...)

15.7 Long run on a trail (with snow at the top)

Roughly 25 miles off the roads. I decided to try running in the dirt at night, and it's not as bad as I expected. Did parts of 3 runs and my long run on dirt.

Weight slowly coming off (237.8)

-Kelly

DoppleBock

Nice week - Hopefully you are feeling good!

50.3 Total Miles - Roughly 4000 feet of vertical (since all the cool kids are climbing stuff...)

15.7 Long run on a trail (with snow at the top)

Roughly 25 miles off the roads. I decided to try running in the dirt at night, and it's not as bad as I expected. Did parts of 3 runs and my long run on dirt.

Weight slowly coming off (237.8)

-Kelly

C-R

Nice Kelly!

I managed 39 with a rest day and a race. So feeling good.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

kcam

I ran 49.3 miles for the week with that 10mile hard tempo effort (Mission 10 mile) on Saturday.  My weight went the wrong way and was up a couple pounds for the week.  Other good news is my running streak is now at 11 days (and 21 of the last 22 days).  I'm feeling pretty good and not beat up at all.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

26 miles. 7 days. Rolling.

DoppleBock

No Alcohol this week

I ate pretty good - higher % unprocessed plants

I only lifted weights 2 times (goal 3)

5,763 vertical on TM

90.3 miles

* 20 minutes @ LAT

* 10 x 1 Minute striders

#1 goal remains fat burning ... Current Weight 254 ... I will try and kick it again this week to regain traction on the goal of losing 10# per month ... that would mean I have to lose 4# in the next 5 days.  But as long as I am back on track by the end of February ... it is not a big deal.

DoppleBock

Nice !

I miss the Monkeys !  Only 42 weeks and 6 days to go.  I am hoping I am stupid enough come August to sign up.  Right now I am plenty stupid ... But that is January for you.

26 miles. 7 days. Rolling.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Just a dude.

Nice week - Hopefully you are feeling good!

The long runs are the hardest. Especially that one. But I'm recovering ok and doing fine the rest of the week. I do think I need to alter my schedule a bit and do some quality work mid week... We'll see how that goes...

-Kelly

DoppleBock

I am in week # 2 of lite speed - It makes me make sure to take it easy enough the day before to not fail.

1) 20 minutes @ LAT pace ... The trick here is to be honest with what you pick as LAT pace - I tend to cheat high and the workout is much harder than it should be.  But I am also learning to find a comfortable stride while I run faster

2)  10x1 minute @ 1 mile pace with 2 minute jogging/easy running recoveries ... this is all about trying to get your stride efficient.  A minute starts to get hard on breathing just the last 10-15 seconds.  From the past - Over the weeks and weeks I can tell I can run this faster and faster and stay comfortable in my stride

Neither of these are killer workouts if done correctly - But are a nice addition.  If I were in much better shape I would do each of these as part of a middle/long run (15-18 miles) but these days I just run 2-3 miles to warm up and get to it.  If I feel good at the end I may run easy for another couple of miles.

The long runs are the hardest. Especially that one. But I'm recovering ok and doing fine the rest of the week. I do think I need to alter my schedule a bit and do some quality work mid week... We'll see how that goes...

-Kelly