3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

March 2-8 rolling (Read 12 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Keep on rolling

Pacing a friend running the Chattanooga 100 this weekend. I get miles 43-73, about 11pm-7am or so. In my first 3 miles we will drop 1000 feet over ~700+ stairs, then the next three miles we will turn around and go back up.

Just a dude.

A little bit of a cutback week for me, partially cuz my schedule is a mess this week, and partially cuz I think my body and mind can use it.

50+ Miles

Get off the roads

Keep losing weight.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

DoppleBock

I want to get back to consistency

70 Miles

2,500 vertical

3 x weights

61 Miles

2,860 vert

no weights

a challenging week - But at least I rolled ... Kind of fat ... so "Rolling" fits right now

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

C-R

Very cool Trent. Have fun

I slipped a little last week so need to reboot. Back at 40mi. Weight is dropping a bit. Run some doubles. Run a bit faster. Do some gym work.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DoppleBock

That is a lot of stairs - stay strong!

Keep on rolling

Pacing a friend running the Chattanooga 100 this weekend. I get miles 43-73, about 11pm-7am or so. In my first 3 miles we will drop 1000 feet over ~700+ stairs, then the next three miles we will turn around and go back up.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well, the RD changed the access points. I will now pace miles 55-85 or so. Bad news is that I will miss the steps. Good news is I will now run into and after the sunrise and get to see one of the awesome waterfalls.

DoppleBock

15 miler felt effortless last night

But I am a little sore today ... 9:04 pace makes me sore Sad

That is not true - Running 15 miles straight make me sore ... Still I am in better shape than a month ago ... As Trent states - I just need to keep rolling.

DoppleBock

So you are going to run somewhere beautiful this weekend ... I am going to run in Rockford, IL ... Hoping to not get shot at

Well, the RD changed the access points. I will now pace miles 55-85 or so. Bad news is that I will miss the steps. Good news is I will now run into and after the sunrise and get to see one of the awesome waterfalls.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes. I’m running somewhere this weekend. It’s going to be beautiful. I can’t wait.

DoppleBock

Saturday we are playing at Harlem High School - Machesney Park, IL ... Just Googled it and Rock Cut State Park is 1/2 mile away.  Looks to be a 2 mile by 2 mile park ... I have never been there ... but now I have something to explore.

They do a 50K there so you might be able to find a good route from the race site if there is a map.  https://runsignup.com/Race/IL/Rockford/RockCutHoboTrailRuns

Saturday we are playing at Harlem High School - Machesney Park, IL ... Just Googled it and Rock Cut State Park is 1/2 mile away.  Looks to be a 2 mile by 2 mile park ... I have never been there ... but now I have something to explore.

Just a dude.

A little bit of a cutback week for me, partially cuz my schedule is a mess this week, and partially cuz I think my body and mind can use it.

50+ Miles

Get off the roads

Keep losing weight.

-Kelly

52 Miles total

2 days off the roads

Lost a little weight but not my best week. (224.6)

I'll call it good and jump in to next week...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

C-R

Nice work Kelly!

I managed 43+ this week and a 16+ mile long run (longest in 2 years).

No joy on the weight front. Discipline

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

kcam

33 miles last week but I did run a 10mile race on Saturday but it made me a little too sore/tired to go more than about 3 miles yesterday.  Hope to get back into at least 50's this week.

Trent, curious to know how the pacing thing went.  30 miles of running all at once is unthinkable to me now.  Props.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My runner quit. She was basically vomiting and unable to keep anything down after mile 15 or so. By 55 when I met her she was done. Tried to nurse her back for an hour but her heart was out of the game. 

So I grabbed 4 miles at sunrise on the Lookout Mt Bluff Trail.