3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Jan 6 - 12 Training (Read 13 times)

It looks like I was right about my hip -- babying it or letting it stop me was not the solution.  Neither was being stupid and pushing it to the breaking point.  I could do 6 miles at a time so I did that and not more...got a nice spin bike and have started doing that to add additional cardio to make up for lack of miles.

Now it appears I can do 8 miles before I get to the same point with my hip so I'm doing 8.  Looks like I may hit 50 miles this week if I can double today.  I haven't done that in a year or more.  Plus ~3 hours on the bike.

Solid week. Maybe we can we call you the Peleton Dad?!

After a bismal 2019, I’m happy to be out running again. Had an MRI in Aug that confirmed a partial tear to my Achilles.  Looking forward to building backup and maybe, just maybe run a marathon this fall.

Feeling the growl again

Solid week. Maybe we can we call you the Peleton Dad?!

After a bismal 2019, I’m happy to be out running again. Had an MRI in Aug that confirmed a partial tear to my Achilles.  Looking forward to building backup and maybe, just maybe run a marathon this fall.

LOL.  NOT a Peleton.  My BIL got that for my SIL and he admitted it was all for the hype and wrap-arounds, not bike quality.  I compare against my own performance and don't need the classes/wrap-arounds so I got a Keiser M3i.  Similar price but once and done, no monthly fees, decent app, MUCH higher quality machine.

I learned my lesson destroying multiple moderate quality treadmills before buying a Landice….

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Need another run tonight to make my goal but will get it done.

Didn't know you were struggling with an achilles as well. I think I finally have mine getting right. Took one of those hammer massage units. Best money I've spent on rehab.

I got a spin bike as well. Walmart. Good quality no frills. Use a Youtube channel called GCN. Workouts are killer on that. Total spend. $150. Yeah I'm that tight.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Day 20 today. PT surprisingly went away after yesterday's run. Yay!

Just a dude.

My week:

13+ mile long run

40+ total miles

Get off the roads at least once

Keep losing weight

-Kelly

13 mile trail run (2000' elevation)

43.5 total miles

Weight is down some (243)

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

kcam

Need another run tonight to make my goal but will get it done.

Didn't know you were struggling with an achilles as well. I think I finally have mine getting right. Took one of those hammer massage units. Best money I've spent on rehab.

I got a spin bike as well. Walmart. Good quality no frills. Use a Youtube channel called GCN. Workouts are killer on that. Total spend. $150. Yeah I'm that tight.

But ... can you top this?  I used to have a NordicTrak commercial elliptical that I got from a friend, it was pretty good but the thing was HUGE and HEAVY.  Way overkill to be sitting in my house, especially for how much I used it.  So I sold it on CL and bought one of the old-school original NordicTrak Sequoia wooden XC trainers.  No electricity involved but the thing kicks ass.  I paid $30 on CL and it's in mint shape.  Beautiful wood, beautiful finish, furniture-looking class rather than space-age plastics and leds and LCD screens.  LOL!  And if it breaks there are always one or two for sale on CL at any given time for <$35.

My week - Got 57 miles.  Stuck to my guns and ran super-easy for all of my 'easy' runs this week including 11 miles this morning.  At first it was really difficult to stay at 130 or under HR (means pace anywhere from 9min/mile to about 10min/miile).  It's definitely starting to feel more natural.  57 miles is a dam good week for me and my legs feel perfectly fine, not tired as they used to always feel.  I did get in 2.4 miles of intervals yesterday (4X.66miles) at about 4:23 for each interval.  Felt pretty good to open 'er up for a change!

DoppleBock

66 Miles (Ended the week with a whimper)

9,285 Vertical = OK

1 weight lifting

4 days alcohol ... contributing to the missing miles and weight lifting goals

excuses - 2 day volleyball tourney this weekend  Packer game

* Sat I snuck in 7.6 and then I met the parents and kids out for food and drinks

* Sun - day#2 of VB tourney and I went to the Packer game  ~ Tailgate etc ... good fun ... bad consumption

I need to refind my healthy eating mojo after a fun ... not so healthy weekend.  This next weekend is another volleyball tourney and I am going to the Packer game Sunday night ... oh and by the way it is day 3 through 6 of year-end close.

I am shooting in the middle

70+ Miles

7,000 vertical

3x weights

2 days with alcohol

If year-end blows up ... my training could also.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

But ... can you top this?  I used to have a NordicTrak commercial elliptical that I got from a friend, it was pretty good but the thing was HUGE and HEAVY.  Way overkill to be sitting in my house, especially for how much I used it.  So I sold it on CL and bought one of the old-school original NordicTrak Sequoia wooden XC trainers.  No electricity involved but the thing kicks ass.  I paid $30 on CL and it's in mint shape.  Beautiful wood, beautiful finish, furniture-looking class rather than space-age plastics and leds and LCD screens.  LOL!  And if it breaks there are always one or two for sale on CL at any given time for <$35.

That's awesome.  My old boss had one of the wooden XC trainers.  He swore by it.  It may have been old but it held up well.