3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

May 25-31 (Read 9 times)

Just a dude.

Goals this week:

50 miler either the 30th or 31st, I have a potential conflict that I have to work around.

Other than that just taper.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Nice!  Is that a solo training run or a race?

It will be a cutback week for me.  Somewhere between 70-75 is the goal.  Hope to get in some speed work or hills.

Just a dude.

It will be a solo run, but my wife and daughter will crew 5 aid stations for me.

I had two different races lined up for it, but they were both cancelled cuz of the virus. So I made up a course that at least on paper looks pretty similar. 95% single track. 9-10k of elevation climb on paper, so my Garmin will probably say 6000.

First time ever doing something like this, but I turn 50 years old Thursday, so why not?

-Kelly

kcam

If it were me, Kelly, I'd shoot for 50minutes on my 50th birthday!  Actually, it sounds pretty cool to do it.  Should have a little better weather (cooler) than what we've been going through yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Just a dude.

Goals this week:

50 miler either the 30th or 31st, I have a potential conflict that I have to work around.

Other than that just taper.

-Kelly

Got the 50 miler done yesterday in about 11 hours 20 minutes. 72 total miles for the week.

Actually gained weight with the taper/carbo loading/body recovering.

kcam

Hey hey!  Jeezus that sounds tough.

I turned 59 today.  As I was laying in bed I thought .... "hey maybe I should do 59 miles ... nah".  Then I thought "OK, how bout a 5 miler in the morning and a 9'r this evening - totally doable .... nah!"..  I'll just do my normal run but it'll be a nice trail run up to a mountain overlook of the Bay Area.

I only go tin 47 miles this week but I don't mind as they were good miles!

KellyDodge congrats on running your age. That is really impressive!

Kcam nice work this week!