3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

What is your hook (Read 16 times)

DoppleBock

I need a hook to keep myself interested in running ~ For the times I am grinding.

I am looking for one now

Maybe ... I realized how many Marathons and Ultras are in WI ... I could find

*  30 marathons - I have done 9

*  35 or 54 ultras (54 counting multiple distances at same race) - I have done 9 or 11

I know - What the hell does WI need so many races ... and yes most are little

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Just a dude.

Sorry Dopple. I saw this and didn't want it to go unnoticed.

I have a big stupid goal coming up that I'm not ready to announce yet. I'm still trying to see if it is even possible. Lots of things have to go perfectly right...

But, that's what has me motivated right now. I find myself very goal oriented. And if I don't have a goal or a goal gets missed, it is very hard to keep motivation going.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Just a dude.

Well, everything has hit the fan, so who knows what is going on.

But I turn 50 on May 28th. I'm hoping to try to run a 50 miler for my birthday. There's still a race on May 30th that is a possibility.

Right now the challenge of that is my hook. I'm doing the couch to 50 mile training plan. Its pretty crazy for me. I've never even raced a marathon. Heck, I haven't raced anything longer than a 10k since high school.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

C-R

That's quite a few long races in WI.

I like your thinking Kelly.

I was trying to use 5k races to regain speed with weekly motivation. Thanks COVID 19.

Time to reset.

Interestingly enough, I ran in some pretty shitty weather this week without being a bitch. I like that part of my mental game.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/