3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Feeling the growl again

A couple years back I was at a good beer store I don't get to very often, and I picked up a sixer of Blithering Idiot. I didn't bother to check the ABV. I took said sixer to my weekly poker game that night, and I drank it all. Wow. That night still comes up in conversation now and again.

Shit.  I REALLY need to find this stuff now.  Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

A couple years back I was at a good beer store I don't get to very often, and I picked up a sixer of Blithering Idiot. I didn't bother to check the ABV. I took said sixer to my weekly poker game that night, and I drank it all. Wow. That night still comes up in conversation now and again.

Interestingly Blithering Idiot is not one of my favorites from Weyerbacher.  It's an English style barleywine, less hopped up when compared to American style.  Still, I like English style beers.  What I need to do is get some and age it for a year or more, as barleywines get better with age.  It's not a seasonal so I am pretty sure that whenever I have had it it was pretty fresh.

MTA:  Very impressive downing a sixer of that stuff.  Over 11%.

Not at it at all. 

obsessor

Enjoying my first OK Buggy Brown Ale. Very good Amercican Brown Ale if I do say so myself. Quite hoppy, a bit sharp. Should smooth with age.
        WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I didn't earn it, but it did make me feel much better. Damn tasty.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

obsessor

PR ale. and I've got nothing against Abita. Turbodog Ale and Mardi Gras Bock are their best.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

PR ale. and I've got nothing against Abita. Turbodog Ale and Mardi Gras Bock are their best.

Andygator is pretty darn tasty too.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Had a "1:1" at work with a colleague/friend.  It was 4pm so the in-house bar at work was serving.  2X Upland Oktoberfest.  Very tasty, hence X2.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

an amazing likeness

(..just liked this picture from Oktoberfest)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

The King of Beasts

I have been drinking mostly Miller Highlife

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have been drinking mostly Miller Highlife

I can help you with that. What time will you be by the house tonight?

Prince of Fatness

I can help with that, too.  Saturday I am having a brew day in my garage.  I am brewing a coffee porter.  Plenty of home brew and other craft beer will be served.  Come any time after noon.

Not at it at all. 

The King of Beasts

you dont have time for that you need to go for a run.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

you dont have time for that you need to go for a run.

Running is stupid.

Beer is good.

But I plan to run in a few anyway...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

FYI, and FWIW, Wil Wheaton toasted my beer checkin on Untappd last night.

Prince of Fatness