3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Spaniel Farms Beer Mile - July 26, 2014 (Read 68 times)

Feeling the growl again

I still don't have any idea. I probably won't know until the weekend arrives.

No problem.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

Probably the final pre-race update.  I've sent a final instructions email to everyone who is in or on the fence.  If anyone else wants to opt in, let me know and I'll send you the info.  Looks like we have 9-12 runners, which would make this on par with or the biggest field to date.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Now, who wouldn't want to come home with one of those bad boys.

Probably the final pre-race update.  I've sent a final instructions email to everyone who is in or on the fence.  If anyone else wants to opt in, let me know and I'll send you the info.  Looks like we have 9-12 runners, which would make this on par with or the biggest field to date.

Feeling the growl again

Well, I've decided you people aren't getting a keg.

My wife came up with a better idea.  I have a big box of growlers (thank C-R and WhoDat) and I'm going to get a nice variety of beers from a couple local breweries instead.  Wish I had time to hit a couple more breweries but we had a virus go through the family this week so I'm behind on preparations.

Prince of Fatness

Run, and drink, well my friends. Pictures are welcome.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I'm sure we can capture some incriminating evidence.

Growlers filled:

Sun King Big H Hefeweizen

Sun King Lavergne

Sun King Wee Mac

Flat 12 Walkabout Ale

Flat 12 Indy 11

Flat 12 forget name but it's a Scottish ale

Well, I've decided you people aren't getting a keg.

My wife came up with a better idea.  I have a big box of growlers (thank C-R and WhoDat) and I'm going to get a nice variety of beers from a couple local breweries instead.  Wish I had time to hit a couple more breweries but we had a virus go through the family this week so I'm behind on preparations.

She's a keeper!  Good selection you picked up. Have fun and stay hydrated!

Feeling the growl again

Perhaps a 16-miler wasn't the best beer mile warmup...

C-R

That's why I stopped at 10

Plus I'm lazy

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

12 in the rain for me. Ugh.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

12 in the rain for me. Ugh.

That's what you get for waking up so early.  Big grin

Well, we're down to 8 racers after a couple last-minute cancellations today (hacker2000, one of my college buddies).  Still second-largest field ever I think.

Just a dude.

So, I take it you aren't tapering for this race... Wink

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Feeling the growl again

So, I take it you aren't tapering for this race... Wink

-Kelly

On track for about 80 miles this week...nope, can't let a stunt get in the way of real training.  I figured I was much more likely to get the long run in today than do it the day after beer mile shenanigans!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So.... hope it went well.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

C-R

Good stuff for spaniel. Me, not so much. DO NOT USE FAT TIRE. OMG the foam was all consuming. 11:40 for a personal worst. But I had a great time with some old and new friends.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/