3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 1574 times)

A big difference in running and strength training is.... you really shouldn't train if you're still sore from your strength training.  I did two days of the program last week, then did weights one day this week and the prescribed max after working out, but today my shoulders are still sore, so I didn't do any pushups or strength exercise today.

I would tailor the program to make sure you're not trying to do a workout while sore from last workout.  I'm starting to think twice a week is enough as long as you're progressing.

My biggest gains in weightlifting came once I realized that one heavy day per week was enough.  Your body gets stronger by building back after you break it down.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yeah, last time through I started spacing them out further after several weeks, when I decided I needed longer recovery - but the simple MWF rule is easy for simple minds to remember, and I'm afraid if I monkey with it, and "weeks" aren't weeks anymore, I'll start forgetting and losing the structure, and slip back to just not doing it.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Well, call me Mr. One And Done.  I have an old rotator cuff issue, and the shoulder has made clear that it does not like pushups.  I don't want to risk aggravating it (again).

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Same issue here, but I take a lot of the stress off my shoulders by keeping my hands closer together and keeping my elbows close to my side.

Well, call me Mr. One And Done.  I have an old rotator cuff issue, and the shoulder has made clear that it does not like pushups.  I don't want to risk aggravating it (again).

Completed W2-D2-C3 (Max 20) last night.  Hit the minimum on the max set although I probably could have gotten a few more in.

A Saucy Wench

W3-D2-C3 done but barely.  I juuuuuust got 25 on the last set

Should be interesting.  I didnt have time for my wieghts workout this morning so I did these and then plan on doing the rest of my weights in about an hour when I will either be recovered or soreness will have set in.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

W1-C1-D3.  Total 27.  Max 10.  Struggled a bit on tenth one.

steph  

C-R

W2-C3-D3 done. Max 42.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

A Saucy Wench

pulled something in my armpit today so I probably wont be doing pushups until Monday

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

W4-C2-D3. Max 40, last one took a good 5 seconds to push up.  

Have a 5K to run this evening so this is and my last night's intro to race walking and initial fitness assessment (we have a former national level walker/current college coach who agreed to coach us for the next 6 weeks)  is my excuse to wimp out. 

MTA - will be doing C3 of this same week next before moving on.

Haven't decided yet if i'm doing my 3rd day today or tomorrow.

I did horse physical exams last night and had 1100 lbs of horse leaning into me while cleaning hooves. My shoulder is sore. And I have a 10k tomorrow.

Hmm. Pretty sure i'm not sore from push ups though.

Feeling the growl again

W2D3C3 done.  Max=45.  Appears that when I lift weights after the pushups one recovery day in between is not enough, but with just the pushups it is.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

L Train

pulled something in my armpit today so I probably wont be doing pushups until Monday

Were you making a farting noise?

You people.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

What do you mean by "you people"?