3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Feb 10-16 Training (Read 12 times)

Just a dude.

Last week was a cutback week. This week has some scheduling challenges, but it should all work out...

Goals:

50+ total miles

Get off the roads

Keep losing weight

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

DoppleBock

Goals for the week

80 Miles

5000 vertical

2 speed workouts

- 20 minutes @ LAT

- 10 x 1 @ Mile Pace

1 long run >= 15 miles

3 x weights

Saturday - Cross country ski with Family (Easy Pace)

I have to get back on the weight loss train !!!

Last night I was weight lifting with my 14 YO daughter and I was able to bench press 6 reps @ 225.  My goal has been to get to 10 x 225 and  max of 300 pounds by end of May, so that is nice process.  Of course "In the day" I used to warm up with 10 x 225 with a 350 pound max.  But these days I am all about hitting the reset button and exploring my 50+ year-old limits.

As much as having extra upper body muscle is inefficient for running ... I know if I want to remain strong through my 60-70-80's and God willing beyond ... the time is now ... as in your 50's you can still build muscle ... after that it is really good to just maintain.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Keep rolling.

I had initially hoped to jog long this weekend, but my chest is still a mess. So for now, just keep rolling. And producing copious snot.

DoppleBock

Last night I did 12 straight at 9:05 pace ... I was running while my daughter was at volleyball practice.

It was nice and it was stupid.  I had already done 20 minutes @ LAT in morning and the Pace was faster than the purpose of the run.  I think once in a while stupid is OK ... But generally old men should be smarter.

Before I start inching down long run pace ... I need to get the long run mileage up between 16+ Miles regularly.

LAT was 7:24 pace.  My issue right now with running faster is less with my legs and more with my lungs ... sometime @ 2012 - 2013 I was diagnosed with exercise induced asthma.  Since starting back in October breathing during a run is always a factor.  Time to see my provider to get another inhaler.  Didn't really seem to need one all those years I did nothing aerobic.

DoppleBock

-15F this morning on the way to the YMCA / Treadmill.  I felt no guilt when I say a guy running in our neighborhood - I  thought "Good for you!"

A juggling act this week again to fit stuff in - I am doing better than last week.

C-R ... Not sure what time you races start tomorrow ... I hope you are free of ice !

DoppleBock

Overall a good week - I lost a few workouts ... but pretty decent and I ran almost every mile this week

Goals for the week

80 Miles ---->  Fail , but close @ 79.3 miles

5000 vertical ---> 5,150 actual

2 speed workouts

- 20 minutes @ LAT ----> Success

- 10 x 1 @ Mile Pace ---->  Fail + Skipped it this week

1 long run >= 15 miles ---->  18.2 Saturday long run

3 x weights --->  4 x weights = Mon - Wed - Fri - Sun

Saturday - Cross country ski with Family (Easy Pace) ---->  1 hour very easy pace ... 25 F and Sunny = Perfect

I have to get back on the weight loss train !!!

Last night I was weight lifting with my 14 YO daughter and I was able to bench press 6 reps @ 225.  My goal has been to get to 10 x 225 and  max of 300 pounds by end of May, so that is nice process.  Of course "In the day" I used to warm up with 10 x 225 with a 350 pound max.  But these days I am all about hitting the reset button and exploring my 50+ year-old limits.

As much as having extra upper body muscle is inefficient for running ... I know if I want to remain strong through my 60-70-80's and God willing beyond ... the time is now ... as in your 50's you can still build muscle ... after that it is really good to just maintain.

Just a dude.

Last week was a cutback week. This week has some scheduling challenges, but it should all work out...

Goals:

50+ total miles

Get off the roads

Keep losing weight

-Kelly

62.7 total miles

Off the roads twice

Down to 231.4

Keep on chugging away...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Kept rolling.

Kept coughing too. And so much snot.

Keep rolling.

kcam

60.5 miles.  3X12minutes at 150bpm and then yesterday a super hilly club race of 5.75 miles (we call it the Short Six) run at 150bpm.  41:16 - 7:15 pace).  Surprisingly I had to hold back a couple times to keep the HR from creeping up.  16 mile long run this morning.

I do feel my fitness is getting better every week but my fatness us also getting bigger.  Gained 2.5 pounds this week and it ain't muscle.

Running streak to 32 days. 🏃🏻

DoppleBock

Get well !

I was at the hotel breakfast this morning sitting at a wrap around area - this lady is sitting their working and 2 minutes into me sitting down - She starts coughing - blow out a gallon of snot - obviously sick.  I take my half eaten plate to the garbage and exit ASAP.

If she was eating her breakfast  ... I would understand, but if you are sick ... why are you sitting in a public place (Not at a table - but area where you are on top of one another) working.

The rest of my breakfast consisted of a lot of hand sanitizer

I am normally the least concerned with germs and getting sick ... Maybe it was the gross snot ?

Kept rolling.

Kept coughing too. And so much snot.

kcam

Scary.  I wouldn't even leave the house if I was coughing and sneezing.  Crossing my fingers that my wife or I ( and my grandson, he's traveling with us) don't catch a cold for this trip to New Orleans.  The other passengers would riot if we tried to get on with a sniffle.

DoppleBock

My wife sent me to the airport with 4 masks from her clinic to wear on the plane ... I did not wear one on the way here ... Maybe I need to wear one for hotel breakfast?

Stay healthy kcam and family and have fun ... loads of fun!