3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

June 2014 Race Thread (Read 41 times)

bhearn

Big Basin 50K is pretty much the Skline-to-the-Sea trail, isn't it?  Beautiful place to run.  

Yeah. It is a beautiful course. The marathon runs it pretty directly; the 50K adds a 5-mile loop in the middle.

Walk-Jogger

Congratulations to all who set PR's and/or met their race goals this past weekend! Good running all-around.

Retired &  Loving It

Walk-Jogger

Cecil59 - Lewis & Clark Senior Games - track meet

When: June 21st.

Where: Lewiston, Idaho

What:   60m, 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1600m

I've just sent off my registration for the Geezer Senior Games in Lewiston Idaho on June 21st. I couldn't  decide which track event(s) to run, so I entered all six of them. I can always back out of individual events day of, if I'm injured or don't feel like running.

Goals: Found out where I'm right now at speed wise in these shorter distances. Time-wise, if I can get close to or even beat my times at this same event from 2010 I'll be happy. I'm most interested in my 100m and 200m times.

This meet was previously hand-timed and probably will be again this time.

60m      2010  -  8.88

100m    2010  -  14.09

200m    2010  -  29.69

400m    2010  -  1:05.59

800m    2010  -  2:34.87

1600m     2010  -  5:38.4

I'm not expecting many competitors in my age group at this event ( 2, 3, maybe 4?), but hopefully I'm wrong and some fast runners show up and kick my butt.

Retired &  Loving It

Feeling the growl again

Congrats.  Rest up for WS.  BTW, Big Basin 50K is pretty much the Skline-to-the-Sea trail, isn't it?  Beautiful place to run.  I tried to get Spaniel to fall for that one run part of that one when he was out here but logistics couldn't be made to work.

Time restrictions.  Dang would that have been nice.

And + whatever we are at, very good run and rest up for WS.  I know this must be cloud nine for you after what you dealt with the latter half of 2013.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ok so I managed a 9:34.5 which was a bit of a surprise - I've definitely been feeling better but I wasn't expecting that off a 19.5 mile long run yesterday!  Just proves I'm a strength runner not a natural speedster.  Miles are the key.

Roth Runner 6/9 Southern Vet's 3000m 3k Sub 10:00      

After my last few races I'm just looking for a solid effort.  I've started building the foundations back but with no real speed recently I'm not expecting too much.

Walk-Jogger

Ok so I managed a 9:34.5 which was a bit of a surprise - I've definitely been feeling better but I wasn't expecting that off a 19.5 mile long run yesterday!  Just proves I'm a strength runner not a natural speedster.  Miles are the key.

Nice going! And after a long run the day before!?

Retired &  Loving It

Feeling the growl again

Ok so I managed a 9:34.5 

Dang man.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Wow - nicely done RR !

Just a dude.

That's pretty amazing the day after a long run like that. Color me impressed...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Wow, nice running RR.  I see you found your mojo. Where'd you find it?

Wow, nice running RR.  I see you found your mojo. Where'd you find it?

Terrible races always give me the kick up the arse I need!  Thanks all!

Feeling the growl again

6/13 - spaniel - Blame Spaniel 5K #4 - 16:55

Two race days in a row...hopefully blowing out the fast stuff tonight will make sub-17 feel easy-peasy...

Good luck tonight.. Channel your inner Rupp.

And we run because we like it
                            Through the broad bright land

C-R

6/13 - spaniel - Blame Spaniel 5K #4 - 16:55

Two race days in a row...hopefully blowing out the fast stuff tonight will make sub-17 feel easy-peasy...

Ummmm. If I can make this one this will now make three days in a row.

June 14 Tool Run 5k Indianapolis <19

This is a father son team event. Not sure how to make a team goal other than Make some Noise.

Oh and Patrick's goal is sub 19 too.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

6/12 - spaniel - Zionsville All-Comer's - 1600m - 4:55

I'd do more but I want to run my girls in the 400m so it will be a family affair.  If I want to run it every week I can't over-work DW too much.  Big grin

4:57.7 on my watch, got my sub-5 mile equivalent.  Ran it pretty even, 73-75-74-75.  Felt like I was kicking but apparently not.  Still 4sec off my HS PR....

I did run the 400m in an embarrassing 1:06.  Absolutely no pop in the legs at all.

Both of my girls run the 100m, I didn't get my 4-yr-old's time but I think by 7-yr-old was like :21.  The younger was over-tired and a pill and decided she was done but her sister did run the 400m in 2:30.