3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

June 2014 Race Thread (Read 41 times)

C-R

Good to see family spaniel represent tonight.

So 14.45 in the 100 and things went off the rails from there. 1:09 in 400, 2:50 in 800 but in my defense it was immediately after the 400. And 5:40 in the 1600. Auto Prs in 800 and 1600 since I've not done these but wgaf. Had a great time and my kid dusted me in the 1600 and 800. He ran well.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

kcam

Good runs both of ya.  CR - who the hell runs the 100, 400, 800 & 1600?  What ... no 5,000?!

Yup, congrats CR - a crazy range of efforts!

Good to see the sub 5 min mile 1600m spaniel - & I know the feeling in the 400 - I think my pair of fast twitch fibers gave up the ghost in about 1989.

C-R

Good runs both of ya.  CR - who the hell runs the 100, 400, 800 & 1600?  What ... no 5,000?!

They had a 3200 as the final but neither me or my son wanted to run it. Next time maybe. 

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

I did pull off the 10K-5K-4X400 triple in college once...5-7min between 5K and 4X400 yet somehow it's tied for my 400m PR.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

6/13 - spaniel - Blame Spaniel 5K #4 - 16:55

OK. I'm really just the rabbit for Spaniel to chase each time he laps me in this thing, but I'll try to at least make it a decent workout.

6/13 - WhoDatRunner - BS 5K #4 - <27:00 and drink beer

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Walk-Jogger

Good to see family spaniel represent tonight.

So 14.45 in the 100 and things went off the rails from there. 1:09 in 400, 2:50 in 800 but in my defense it was immediately after the 400. And 5:40 in the 1600. Auto Prs in 800 and 1600 since I've not done these but wgaf. Had a great time and my kid dusted me in the 1600 and 800. He ran well.

Nice running there, CR!

Retired &  Loving It

Walk-Jogger

4:57.7 on my watch, got my sub-5 mile equivalent.  Ran it pretty even, 73-75-74-75.  Felt like I was kicking but apparently not.  Still 4sec off my HS PR....

I did run the 400m in an embarrassing 1:06.  Absolutely no pop in the legs at all.

Both of my girls run the 100m, I didn't get my 4-yr-old's time but I think by 7-yr-old was like :21.  The younger was over-tired and a pill and decided she was done but her sister did run the 400m in 2:30.

OK, I'm going after that one in my meet next week. 

Retired &  Loving It

Family track night.. dare to dream.

My goal as a HS Freshman was a sub-60 400m. All I managed was 61. It would be fun give that a try one more time.

.. Good luck tonight WhoDat!

And we run because we like it
                    Through the broad bright land

C-R

6/13 - spaniel - Blame Spaniel 5K #4 - 16:55

Two race days in a row...hopefully blowing out the fast stuff tonight will make sub-17 feel easy-peasy...

Yeah right. I'm running but after last night I have nothing in there so I'm with Richard as Pacer for a lap. CR in under 22

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

If you want a real laugh, here's my splits from this morning (I didn't see the clock the first time around, so had to estimate first and second lap times from my half-split):

1:14, 1:23, 1:29, 1:18  =  5:24  Clearly, I must have stopped for a nap or a burger or something in that third lap . . . 

(809-800 = 2:37, 2:47)

I was entertained by those splits. Congrats on the race record!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Just a dude.

I just found out about a track meet here in Reno:

Friday, June 27th

Damonte Ranch High School All Comer's Meet

Reno, NV.

I believe they are doing the standard high school events here. So:

3200 meters - Goal Sub 12:00

If I can, circle back to the:

800 Meters - Goal Sub 2:40

Just pulling goals out of my butt. I have no idea how I am going to do on the track. These times are somewhat faster than my last 5k (21:10) converted, but I think I'm in better shape. Go big or go home, right?

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

C-R

Yeah right. I'm running but after last night I have nothing in there so I'm with Richard as Pacer for a lap. CR in under 22

1921:55 with good pacing.

Iphone typo. feck

Walk-Jogger

19:55 with good pacing.

Was that your time, or is that a prediction? Good job, or good luck, which-ever applies!

Retired &  Loving It

16:48 for 4th. Spent all last night on the toilet, so all things considered ill take it, but kind of a shame because  definitely a faster time in me

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                                We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes