3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

June 2014 Race Thread (Read 41 times)

Bad luck Cecil. I hope you rest up well.

Ran my 10k, first race in almost a year. 40 min, 10+/- seconds, first overall. I have not seen the official results, but I'm sure I won by over 2 min. Turned into a nice run through the trees. And, I still hate running up hills. Its really hard to motivate when there is nobody chasing and trying to pass runners from other races on a single track. Was a great day.

And we run because we like it
    Through the broad bright land

Congrats on the win Parklife, nice!

Heal up quick Cecil.

Yes, all in perspective.  If I'm in as good of shape/health in my 50s as some of you here I'll be a thankful man.

My thoughts exactly. Sorry to hear about the foot Cecil  Hope you can get that healed up quickly.

Parklife- welcome back to the racing scene and congrats on the win.  Good way to get things rolling again.

kcam

Good one Ben.   1OA is a pretty nice comeback to racing!

Hoping for a quick recovery, Cecil.

Feeling the growl again

Bad luck Cecil. I hope you rest up well.

Ran my 10k, first race in almost a year. 40 min, 10+/- seconds, first overall. I have not seen the official results, but I'm sure I won by over 2 min. Turned into a nice run through the trees. And, I still hate running up hills. Its really hard to motivate when there is nobody chasing and trying to pass runners from other races on a single track. Was a great day.

Nice win!  Trees...hills....reminds me of our little run together last summer.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ran to a 5K this morning, hoped to break 19, but middle mile too slow. 19:19 and easy win (next person was abt 25min, I think). Ran 15 just now to make 30 on the day, so happy for the high mileage day total.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

35:05 for me.  Not as quick as I would have liked but my legs didn't have it today, heavy miles over the last week left me quite flat and I didn't have the bury myself mentality and coasted a little before picking it up for the last km or so.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Managed to participate in every distance of our track meet tonight. Including some unusual ones, such as 100 One Leg Hop, 100 Backward Run, and 50 Crab Walk Race (at which I wasn't dead last until the kid next to me DNF'd).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

kcam

The 50 crab is rough.  Some people say the 400 hurdles is the toughest track race but for me it's definitely the 50 crab.

Walk-Jogger

Managed to participate in every distance of our track meet tonight. Including some unusual ones, such as 100 One Leg Hop, 100 Backward Run, and 50 Crab Walk Race (at which I wasn't dead last until the kid next to me DNF'd).

Nice!

I'll be ready if I ever find a backwards run, because I've just realized this week that I've never before run backwards on a treadmill, for some reason. I'm remedying that problem now every time I do a workout on the incline treadmill, by setting it  back to flat after my main incline hill-climb workout and walking backwards (so far up to 3.0 mph) and also practicing changing from forwards to backwards and back on the fly, repeatedly. Yes, I am now officially one of "those people" who do strange things on the treadmill in the gym. My legs were sore in some strange new places after I first did this on Monday...

Retired &  Loving It

Walk-Jogger

I just found the online photo album from the Festival of Miles 1 mile race that I ran on June 7th.

For your amusement, here are a few pics from my heat at that race;

M55+ start:

Me a few feet into the race. Not sure what's going on with that expression!

Lap 1, looking good and have a bit of a lead:

9 meters to the finish line, not looking so good anymore and really glad it's about over:

Rest of the album is here if anyone's interested

Retired &  Loving It

Just a dude.

Nice pics. I love it!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Nice pics Cecil. You sure had your game face on.

Just a dude.

I just found out about a track meet here in Reno:

Friday, June 27th

Damonte Ranch High School All Comer's Meet

Reno, NV.

I believe they are doing the standard high school events here. So:

3200 meters - Goal Sub 12:00

If I can, circle back to the:

800 Meters - Goal Sub 2:40

Just pulling goals out of my butt. I have no idea how I am going to do on the track. These times are somewhat faster than my last 5k (21:10) converted, but I think I'm in better shape. Go big or go home, right?

-Kelly

Well, this didn't work out as planned at all.

Showed up late cuz of an issue at work. They didn't have a 3200 today. So I jumped into the 1600. Had no goal time or any splits or anything figured out. Got a 1 mile warm up barely. Changed my shoes, and got to the line. Me and like 8 kids ages 8-14... No strides. No stretching. Didn't even start sweating really.

Gun goes off and I am in the lead after 50 meters. After the first lap it was a time trial.

Not sure of my splits. Something like 82, 86, 85, 82.. The second lap is really suspect as I thought it was 84 but the timer called it off in 87.

Final time was 5:35.2. I was first by half a lap.

Happy with the time. Ran it a little conservative and had too much at the end. Lapped like 5 kids.

I was the only one over 19 to participate in the whole meet.

I was going to circle back to the 800, but I just didn't feel very recovered when it came up. And I would probably have ended up winning it by like 30 seconds.

I have another mile July 4th. So I guess I will treat this one a knocking some of the rust off so I can be ready for that one... Big grin

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Feeling the growl again

Nice going, Kelly.  Not a bad place to start at all.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills