3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

November Racing Thread (Read 1186 times)

Hey, since it is the November racing thread ...

A1 -- that was a strong performance for a guy hurling/heaving himself inside-out.  You'd barely passed me at about 20.5 when I heard the dry heaves and saw you pull up, fight through it ... and get right back on pace.

Candice -- I'm amazed that you passed out before Mile 20.  You went by looking like you could run that pace all day long.  There's a "Terminator mode" switch in your head that I wish I had in mine.

Nads -- already said it.

I'm (hopefully) going to start getting close to goal times at a couple distances, and I'll use this stuff when the shit hits the fan during the race.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

C-R

my legs are wrecked, it feels good.

I am thinking Tom King as well - its a good place to run a PR half

Yeah. It beats the hell out of running a PR with 35,000 people at Indy.

Spaniel - free room and board again.

I hate to say this but the pain of Monkey has got me charged up to start training. I hope like hell I still feel this way after Tecumseh.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Hey, since it is the November racing thread ...

A1 -- that was a strong performance for a guy hurling/heaving himself inside-out.  You'd barely passed me at about 20.5 when I heard the dry heaves and saw you pull up, fight through it ... and get right back on pace.

Candice -- I'm amazed that you passed out before Mile 20.  You went by looking like you could run that pace all day long.  There's a "Terminator mode" switch in your head that I wish I had in mine.

Nads -- already said it.

I'm (hopefully) going to start getting close to goal times at a couple distances, and I'll use this stuff when the shit hits the fan during the race.

I'm a good actress. When things go wrong you don't know for a while...unless I pass out. Which I did. What mile were you at?

At an intersection in the downhill, just before 21 (which was also just past 5 on the way out/up).  Your personal assistant dude in the offensive optic yellow-green shirt was right along side you at that point.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

I was only running something like 8:20s at that point. That guy I was with had given me his shot blocks which perked me back up a bit. Plus...that's a huge downhill. It wasn't too long after that I felt really terrible again. He's the same guy who picked me up after the fall....he went on to finish a few minutes ahead of me once I finally convinced him to leave me.

Can you put me down for these two, and I'll let you know which one to keep and which to scratch?  (Not sure how involved the family will be, which dictates where I can go.)

CliveF -- 11/24 -- LKN Turkey Trot 5k -- sub-20:40

CliveF -- 11/24 -- Southpark Turkey Trot 8k -- sub-34?

My apologies, but my wife and in-laws made holidays plans without involving me.  Scratch both -- I won't be racing at all on T-Day.

-- Dick LeBeau

21:56. Was pretty pissed till I looked at my Garmin splits and they added to 4.2. So needless to say, the course was long. This was also an anti-PR course. Fast first mile then a couple of long gradual hills. I hit the first mile in 4:57 but I didn't die as bad as the official time indicated. Garmin had me at 21:01 at 4 miles. Then it seemed like forever for the end to come.

Goals for 2013: sub 18 5K; stay healthy

It's like we're talking about different sports. LOL! I can't relate to running that fast and not being ecstatic. Sucks that the course was long though, but still sounds like you have some PRs that are about to fall soon.

21:56. Was pretty pissed till I looked at my Garmin splits and they added to 4.2. So needless to say, the course was long. This was also an anti-PR course. Fast first mile then a couple of long gradual hills. I hit the first mile in 4:57 but I didn't die as bad as the official time indicated. Garmin had me at 21:01 at 4 miles. Then it seemed like forever for the end to come.

A1 - I saw a pic of you on facebook after the finish and I knew as usual you didn't finish and think "Man, I wish I had tried harder."  Great job!

Candice - too bad you don't have my problem. Throwing up could act as a buffer prior to passing out.  Congratulations on another 100%+ effort.

Nads - I knew that 1:30:13 PR wouldn't stand for long! Congrats on your sub-1:30!

11/26/11 - Running of the Turkeys 5k, Manchester, TN - goal: run a 5k

We'll see how the body holds up.  I have mostly just eaten a lot since the IM.  Gonna try to rev the engine, but will be ok with cruising if things don't feel right.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Great running everyone. Congrats on your sub 90 half Nader!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

22:59, 1st AG, 5th OA. (Yes it was a small, local race)  My avg HR was 174 and I had figured my LT at about that a couple of years ago. My max HR is 185 and I got to that as well, so it's not that I just cruised and didn't try hard.  I think the IM broke me down more than I realized.  Slowly getting back to 100% though. 

11/26/11 - Running of the Turkeys 5k, Manchester, TN - goal: run a 5k

We'll see how the body holds up.  I have mostly just eaten a lot since the IM.  Gonna try to rev the engine, but will be ok with cruising if things don't feel right.

Bump.

November still isn't closed out yet.  Who's it going to be?

Feeling the growl again

Bump.

November still isn't closed out yet.  Who's it going to be?

Dammit.  OK, I'll look through it again tonight...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

I'm feeling generous this month.  Nader and rabutler each get a beer for their HMs.  Rabutler's improvement magnitude was very impressive, but Nader is more experienced so his improvement was just as noteworthy.

Enjoy the beer, rabutler, because it's the only one you're getting out of me in December...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills