3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

April 2013 Racing Thread (Read 72 times)

C-R

I'll be there WD. Will park in garage. Lets get some warm up miles before the race

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'll be there WD. Will park in garage. Lets get some warm up miles before the race

Definitely. I also have some 3beans for you.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Family plans changed in my racing favor.  It's spur of the moment, but ...

RUNNER

DATE

EVENT

DIST

GOAL

RESULT

CliveF 06APR2013 American Open 2-Mile 2mi  Cornelius NC 12:20  

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

kcam

RUNNER

DATE

EVENT

DIST

GOAL

RESULT

A 2-miler?!  One of my favorites ... and one of the very hardest races for me to nail (never run a decent 2-mile).  Is it on the track?  Good luck!

That's some crazy prize money for a 2 miler. Sweet.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
            C-R

Nope. 1:03:04

WhoDat hit a good one though.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

4/6 - WhoDatRunner - 500 Festival Training Series 15K - Indianapolis, IN - <1:17

1:16:10

Guess I have to stop bitching and moaning about my bronchitis now. A little less wind and a little less snot and I'd have really kicked ass. Big grin

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

RUNNER

DATE

EVENT

DIST

GOAL

RESULT

12:09.

I felt really good, and I wish I'd had a better sense of what kind of middle-distance shape I'm in right now -- I left some time out there.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

16:53, 2OA

emotional race today - mom recovering from urgent heart surgery. At hospital now, so will say more about it when I get more time but it went well

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

1:27:27.  Really pleased with the results of my first half marathon.

Excepting the give-and-take from the up-and-down rollers, ran pretty even.  Pace was 6:41/mile at the halfway point...and 6:41 overall.  I will take that.  REALLY did not enjoy the headwind in the last four-ish miles.  Someone checking their phone (after) was saying 20-25mph.  Sure as hell felt like it.

My PRs are officially all out of whack now.  I need to race more.  50K in three weeks.  Since that one's called "Forget the PR," I'm not sure how to set a goal time for it.  I plan to just try to beat the other guys from my running group who are doing it. Smile

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                      Emil Zatopek

C-R

16:53, 2OA

emotional race today - mom recovering from urgent heart surgery. At hospital now, so will say more about it when I get more time but it went well

Keeping you and your family in prayers.

Damn fine racing.

kcam

Gville Kevin, sorry to hear about your mom requiring sugery.  Best wishes on a fast recovery for her.

Congrats on the 16:53.

I ran 1:02:17 this morning.  Didn't bust 62 but a 36-second PR nonetheless - I'll take it and be very satisfied.

I forgot my watch this morning so I had to race 'by effort' - GASP!  There wasn't a single split being called out on the course but I did pass a friend at the 3-mile marker and he said our split was 18:29 which was about dead-nuts on for a 62minute finish.  That's the only split I ever got.   I think I lost the sub-62 from mile 5 to 6 when we ran an overpass and headed into the wind for a bit.  I was by myself just 20 yards back from a pack of about 9 guys all huddled together drafting each other - talk about lonely!  I wanted to get up there with 'em but it would have taken too much energy.  Ahh, well 'twas a good race.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

28 Hrs.

DNF.   6 laps.    75 miles.  20h:53m I think.    Live results are not accurate for some people.

My lap #1 is missing.

I felt good through lap 5.  By the end of lap 6 not so much.  Started too fast as usual I suppose.

Tried to talk my self into going back out after lap 6 but I knew that it would be two laps of 90%

walking vs 10 running.  Couldn't see the point in mostly walking 25 miles.

On the other hand my 50 mile time is a 37 min PR and I finished the 75 miles  4  3+ hours faster than the 73.6 miles

I ran in February.   So, over all I will count it as a positive.

mta:  I also took a little detour on my way out for lap 6.  IMO the drive ways vs race route wasn't marked that well in the dark.

steph  

Sorry to hear about your Mom's health problems Gville Kevin, I hope she is recovering well.

Well done on the sub 17.

I ran 1:02:17 this morning.  Didn't bust 62 but a 36-second PR nonetheless - I'll take it and be very satisfied.

I forgot my watch this morning so I had to race 'by effort' - GASP!  There wasn't a single split being called out on the course but I did pass a friend at the 3-mile marker and he said our split was 18:29 which was about dead-nuts on for a 62minute finish.  That's the only split I ever got.   I think I lost the sub-62 from mile 5 to 6 when we ran an overpass and headed into the wind for a bit.  I was by myself just 20 yards back from a pack of about 9 guys all huddled together drafting each other - talk about lonely!  I wanted to get up there with 'em but it would have taken too much energy.  Ahh, well 'twas a good race.

Nice run Ken!  Thanks again for taking time out to meet me for a run last Sunday in San Fran, it was a pleasure to run with you.