3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

June 15 - 21 (Read 12 times)

Not sure what this week will look like.  We are renting a cabin in the smokey mountains, so 2 1/2 days of driving, likely less time running but a little more hiking and vert.  I'm going to shoot for another 80 mile week and 6K vert but I'll be happy with more vert and less mileage.

Just a dude.

I'm thinking about backing off a bit this week. Just feeling a bit worn down.

I'll probably still get 60+, hopefully with several days of trails...

And I need to start moving the weight back down...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Feeling the growl again

Looks like I'm setting up for my biggest week in a year....which is pathetic, because that's 38 miles.

As a bonus I ran outside for the first time in a year without my femur feeling like it was going to snap, it was actually really, really good to be running outdoors again even if it was slow.

Now for 2 weeks with 0 running but a ton of hiking and vertical...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Spaniel - hope things continue to heal up!

Kelly - I hear you.  Was feeling beat up earlier in the week and took a few light days and now feel back to 100%.  Some of it may have been mental with work stress, I dunno.

Ended up with 70 miles for the week, with 8K of vert.  About 7 of those miles were hiking with the family.

Just a dude.

Well, first of all, I guess I am terrible at taking my own advice. 80.9 miles with 9000 vertical this week. Not quite backing off. But I felt pretty good overall.

Good to hear from you Spaniel. I really hope you have this all worked out and can get back at it.  Enjoy the hiking...

Sounds like a good week Flatfooter...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape...