3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

August '14 racing (Read 33 times)

Just a dude.

Date: 8/22  

Race: Nevada Miles

Distance: 1 Mile on the track

Goal: 5:15

Race should be around 9:00 pm under the lights. Should be fun. Goal feels really aggressive... /shrug

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

C-R

Merrill 5k fail. 19:10

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Merrill 5k fail. 19:10

Closer....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

Goal feels really aggressive... /shrug

-Kelly

I like your attitude.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

me

Reykjavik Marathon

Reykjavik, Iceland

8/23

<3:07:46

This would be a 2 minute PR in the middle of a week-long vacation trip. Should be interesting. Gonna try to roll as many miles between 7:05 and 7:10 as I can and see what it gets me.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Feeling the growl again

me

Reykjavik Marathon

Reykjavik, Iceland

8/23

This would be a 2 minute PR in the middle of a week-long vacation trip. Should be interesting. Gonna try to roll as many miles between 7:05 and 7:10 as I can and see what it gets me.

Whoa.  That must be some vacation.  Enjoy!

Just a dude.

me

Reykjavik Marathon

Reykjavik, Iceland

8/23

Seems like a great place to visit. I hope it goes well for you.

I peeked at the course. Looks pretty flat with some nice views of the ocean. Should be nice and cool as well...

I am envious...

-Kelly

Just a dude.

I like your attitude.

I kind of thought that was what the Hurtlocker was all about. Be a little bold. Get after it, or hurt yourself trying...

/shrug

-Kelly

No race for me but I have to share my proud papa moment.  Both the kids competed in a kids mini triathlon (100 meter swim, 3 mile bike and 1 mile run) this weekend.  It was their first triathlon.  They did absolutely awesome and I can't be more proud.  The little guy put it all out there on the course and finished 2 out of 45 in his age group.  Finished off with a 7:36 mile.

DD did equally as well.  Considering she got her cast off two weeks ago (broke both wrists this summer), she hasn't had the time to swim or bike and just finished up therapy last week.  Her strength isn't there yet but her heart and determination is.  She was a little disappointed in her finish but after putting it all in perspective she did great.  She could change the front gears on her bike (wrist strength not there yet) and rode the whole way in gear 1.  She finished off well with a 8:36 mile.

It was awesome to see how they handled the pre-race nerves and pull it all together.

Great work Mbehr family.. Esp. your daughter. It would have been easy to pack it in and skip the event.

And we run because we like it
                      Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

No race for me but I have to share my proud papa moment.  Both the kids competed in a kids mini triathlon (100 meter swim, 3 mile bike and 1 mile run) this weekend.  It was their first triathlon.  They did absolutely awesome and I can't be more proud.  The little guy put it all out there on the course and finished 2 out of 45 in his age group.  Finished off with a 7:36 mile.

DD did equally as well.  Considering she got her cast off two weeks ago (broke both wrists this summer), she hasn't had the time to swim or bike and just finished up therapy last week.  Her strength isn't there yet but her heart and determination is.  She was a little disappointed in her finish but after putting it all in perspective she did great.  She could change the front gears on her bike (wrist strength not there yet) and rode the whole way in gear 1.  She finished off well with a 8:36 mile.

It was awesome to see how they handled the pre-race nerves and pull it all together.

Awesome!!

C-R

Nice mbehr!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

an amazing likeness

Date: 8/27

Race: Westport Island Shore Run

Distance: 10K

Goal:  <49:00; Top 10OA, course PB

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Just a dude.

Date: 8/29

Race: Natures Bakery Nevada Twilight Cross Country Meet

Distance: 4000m

Goal <14:30

-Kelly

This event has changed to a 6000 meters. Or maybe 6400 meters. They haven't totally figured out the course yet.

The men's teams competing are UCLA, UC-Riverside, and St. Mary's.

New goal: Not be last.

-Kelly

Thinking of updating my race goal for Saturday.. Im thinking first mile in 516-518, second in about the same and trying to hold on the rest of the way. I would be happy going under 1640. More realistically I think under 1630 is very possible. But, sub 1625 would be hurtlocker worthy.

And we run because we like it
                                Through the broad bright land