3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2020 HL Race Calendar (Read 22 times)

DoppleBock

Got it.

I really do not know what I would get right now if I tried to race.  Some days I could barely maintain 9 minute pace for a 5 miler ->  Feeling like I am forcing running and that pace is hard.  2 days later I feel like a runner and could run 7:15 pace for a 5 miler.

Slow progress.

Keep hammering away at the rock of fitness and getting a little more fit each day ... even if it does not seem like it Smile

So Sat is Melt the Trail

and I ran a 56:17 for the Groundhog 7

Fat, old and slow seems to be my thing right now

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

C-R

So results

Melt the Trail - 24:19 (after a nine mile warm up)

Jag Run - 24:10 with some hills. Who knew there were hills in Indianapolis and in a cemetary

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DoppleBock

Is your Birthday today?  Happy Birthday C-R

I hit 51 yesterday (2/27)

So results

Melt the Trail - 24:19 (after a nine mile warm up)

Jag Run - 24:10 with some hills. Who knew there were hills in Indianapolis and in a cemetary

Just a dude.

Happy Birthday to both of you!

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

kcam

Happy belated birthday, CR and DB!

Mark me down for two more races:

Sun Mar 29 Stow Lake Stampede 5K (that's gonna hurt!)

Sun Apr 5 Sactown 10 Mile (yes, that will be 4 races this year with 3 of them being 10milers!.  Guess I'm a fan of 10miles!.)

DoppleBock

Funny how that works for each of us ... In the past my two favorite race distances:  5 Mile and Marathon.  I have only done 1 - 10 mile race in my life.

Happy belated birthday, CR and DB!

Mark me down for two more races:

Sun Mar 29 Stow Lake Stampede 5K (that's gonna hurt!)

Sun Apr 5 Sactown 10 Mile (yes, that will be 4 races this year with 3 of them being 10milers!.  Guess I'm a fan of 10miles!.)

DoppleBock

kcam - Your up this weekend - Get after it!

kcam

1:14:49 on a pretty tough course.  Kept HR at 150bpm until about mile 8 when I gradually opened it up some.  Last mile was my fastest.  Feel I could have gone faster if I'd actually raced but .... not yet!  My last 10miler (January was 1:17:30 so good improvement without killing myself.  Slow n steady.

Got another 10miler coming up in April on April 5th and a 5K the week before that one.  I hope to show some more improvement when that one rolls around.

DoppleBock

Nice race - Keep rolling on.

1:14:49 on a pretty tough course.  Kept HR at 150bpm until about mile 8 when I gradually opened it up some.  Last mile was my fastest.  Feel I could have gone faster if I'd actually raced but .... not yet!  My last 10miler (January was 1:17:30 so good improvement without killing myself.  Slow n steady.

Got another 10miler coming up in April on April 5th and a 5K the week before that one.  I hope to show some more improvement when that one rolls around.

DoppleBock

I have hit a bit of a training slump ... Kind of hoping as I transition outside it will go away.  Or I might have to find a race to get me motivated.

I hate racing this out of shape Sad

dpschumacher

3 months til Masters

The predicted temp for race time Saturday  (8k) has gone from low 40's to on the 20's for temp. Sooooo....this should be fun. 

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

kcam

My first reaction is put yer head down and plow through it but ... 20s?!  Ouch.  I haven't raced in something like that in over 25 years!  MId to upper 30's is about the lowest I've raced in that time.  Good luck and stay warm before and after the race!

Just a dude.

I paced my daughter in a 5k earlier this year that was cold. I think it was 14 when we arrived, and 19 when the race started.

Not many stayed for the awards ceremony. ;-)

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

C-R

I hate racing this out of shape Sad

This describes me 100% but I do it anyway.

NYRR HM on Sat. I'm shooting for under 2.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DoppleBock

I races a 10 Mile in December - It was @ 10 degrees ... It was when I learned that you can be cold many places ... but protect your manhood as the pain was intense as it thawed out.

If the course is clear and you are dressed OK - I could be awesome !

The predicted temp for race time Saturday  (8k) has gone from low 40's to on the 20's for temp. Sooooo....this should be fun.