50 and over 5k and beyond

Janus January (Read 12 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Well since I'm the first you're stuck with what I come up with.  Janus definition:

1.  Roman Mythology

the god who is guardian of portals and patron of beginnings and endings: he is shown as having two faces, one in front, the other at the back of his head

a small satellite of Saturn

Anywho I'm happy to see 2023 go.  It was not a fun year for me and I'm STILL trying to gain some more weight.  Need about 5 more but I seem to be stuck.  I had DH make up some chicken and picked me up some raspberry jam that I've been putting on some bread but still no matter how much I eat I can't get that last 5 pounds.  Maybe I'll start with some baked potatoes to go with the chicken. 

This year might be interesting if we do buy a new house and all the nightmare of moving.  We'll have to buy some furniture too. Not really looking forward to it but I understand why DH wants to get closer.  Right now we live 30 min away and it's dark until after 7 which is when I have to start.  So he's been having to take me and then leave work when I'm done to take me home.  Granted it's 2 days a week but still an inconvenience for him.

I'm hoping everyone had a safe and happy new year.

Altair5

Runs in the rain

Happy New Year everyone!

Di - Thanks for starting the month! From "Janus" we also derive the word "janitor" meaning doorkeeper and caretaker of the rooms and building. I hope you gain the five pounds you need, I'm sure I've put on that much with the holiday eating! Moving seems to me to be more work than taking you to the clinic twice a week.

Busy day yesterday, a feral cat that had gotten inside the garage a week ago and refused to leave and was making a mess, so we worked on cleaning stuff out of the garage. Lots of empty cardboard boxes and old blankets that provided the cat places to hide and rest. This took several hours of work. Did not see the cat, we had left the garage door open for a while to give it a chance to leave.

After cleaning I went for a run and a walk. I needed to run 3.1 miles to reach my 30 mile goal for the week and to walk 3.6 miles to give me 300 miles walking distance for the year. So my plan was to run out and then walk back. Originally I planned to use a trail, but because it was already after 3 pm I thought I should go to a nearer route, Nations Road, the partly dirt road on the river plain.

Partway along the run I saw a photographer with a telephoto camera and stopped to talk with him. He pointed out a short eared owl he was photographing and said birders often come to this road. He also said he does photography for the Buffalo Bills football team and does some short distance runs himself, but mostly is a cyclist. He told me the Facebook page where he posts his birding photos and if I see the owl photo there I'll share it here. I tried to get my own picture, but the owl flew off as I approached.

I ran a little further than the 3.1 miles I needed. My pace was faster than usual, interesting because on Tuesday's run I only could do a much slower pace. So I came to a side road at 3.36 miles, stopped the watch and set it for a walk. Since I need a bit more distance for the walk I went a short distance down the side road and then walked the rest of the way back to the car, 3.65 miles. This gave me a total of 1028.2 miles running distance and 300.1 miles walking for the year 2023!

Downhill start of the run.

Another picture of a tree reflection in a puddle, taken on the walk back to my car.

We had shrimp and rice for dinner, then some snacks and deserts as we watched New Year's Rockin' Eve on TV. Most of the music acts followed the same formula, a skimpily dressed female singer with a sultry voice and some rap style lyrics with backup dancers shaking big butts and bare legs. Lots of lights, smoke, fireworks and special effects. Not really my thing, but did enjoy performances by Green Day, the old school Hip Hop and the complex rhythms of the music from the Puerto Rico festivities.

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
      Get up, get out, get out of the door!

Art in AZ

Happy New Year everyone!

Saturday morning did the warmup walk and then went our again. Did 3.2 miles walking with no issues or pain. Thought good, hopefully back to normal.

Sunday morning did the warmup walk and then for a bike ride. Weather was nice and sunny so thought to do a long loop. Ended up with 29.7 miles. Rest of the day was just hanging out around the house.

Monday morning started with the warmup walk and then I went out doing the 4.5 canal route with exercises. Felt fine with no issues.

Di - That has to be very frustrating not being able to gain that extra weight. How about some twice baked potatoes with bacon, cheese and sour cream. Yeah, I know. Just reading about potatoes made me think of them. I'm like Altair that I need to lose the extra I got from all the holiday meals and desserts. But they were so good it was worth it. When does it normally get light at 7:00 there? In a couple of months? Had a relative that was waiting for a heart for a transplant and his driving distance to the hospital and places was around an hour.

Altair - Nice job on the distances. So how much stuff did you get rid of after cleaning out the garage? Personally, I'm not a keeper of things. Probably because I hang on to things for a very long time.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

dhuffman63

Trails

So pissed off right now.  I logged in this morning before dialysis and got on thing done.  Came home and not I can't log into the VPN that I need to get to the bloody network so I can get work done.  I can't email the helpdesk and damned if I have anyone's phone number.  Going to print that out when I get access again.  I can get to the internet so it's not on my end, I think when IT did their upgrade it screwed something up.

Found out something interesting...appears there is something called a Plan of Care and it has all sorts of information concerning my dialysis. It gives the nurses there a plan for making sure my dialysis goes well. I did not know there was such a thing so I asked for a copy of mine.  Well it is 28 pages and the printer there was being slow so I'll get it Thur. I guess they have a meeting and develop this plan and I'd really like to have been there since it's all about my care.  I'll bring that tidbit up next time I see my crappy nephrologist.

I think something happened and some of the otherwise happy nurses aren't there or they aren't very happy anymore.  I do know there have been several pveople recently have had to go to the hospital but I don't know if it's the center's problem or they aren't taking care of their access. Which is stupid on their part as it's what keeping them alive.

Art. I looked it up and it really doesn't get light here until around March...just before the "leaping ahead"  nonsense. It might be light enough for me to drive before then but we'll have to see. If the house hasn't happened by then there's no point in buying it.  It's a nice house and all but still the cost is unreasonable as far as I'm concerned. DH has several big projects so I understand why he wants me to be able to drive as he may be unavailable at one point.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  My favorite holiday  New adventures!! WooHoo!!

Di: wow, already?!? Hope it all works out with the internet, etc. It can be a huge bummer to not have anything working when you need to work. Unhappy nurses (employees for that matter) are not a good thing especially when the facility relies on them the most. Not a good way to start the new year. Buying and then moving into a new house should be less stressful and a happy situation but in reality, NOT. Hope it falls into place though, you deserve less stress for all that you have to endure on this journey. It's already getting later to get dark here, but totally understand your situation. I just don't like driving in the dark especially during the holidays ......and winter.....but so far, have not had to. Gosh, what a dilemma ...... trying to gain weight. I seconded the twice baked potatoe, haha! I know DH really loves that. I prefer sweet potatoes. What about stuffing?? I love that! With mushrooms, celery, onions, and sprinkled pecans or walnuts or almonds on top ..... I think I do that with almost everything though, LOL!! Eat away.

Art: hope the pain stays away ...... any idea why?? I've been doing so much more exercises for hip flexors, and any thing connected to that. My right knee seems to be responding very well ...... meaning it's not as 'swollen' as it usually feels. A 'mini' storm is expected Thursday but a 'major' one is predicted Sunday, yikes! Really bums me out bc it interferes with running outside. The cold temps I can deal with .... aka, ND and MN ...... but here, the trails get too risky. That leaves the wellness center, running on the TM .....have some patience for that but driving ALL the way there in winter conditions, ugh! Is it worth it?!? That's what I ask myself. Anyway, I just have to deal with it ..... again. So far, it's been really nice here even with the cold temps.

After my run on the 27th, I drove to NM, visited my 2 longtime friends and stayed two nights. Did not visit any family, just my two friends. Then, picked up my mom on the 29th and drove home to AZ. We had lots of laughs about my mom's childhood adventures ..... heard them before but she always puts another twist to them. So while I was stretching later in the evening....... did some long stretches ........ and felt a huge knot form on the back of my bummed knee, on the inside. What?!? No pain but felt some tightness upon straightening my knee. At least, I could still bend it. I massaged it. Shaking it bc it felt like it 'shifted' out of a joint or place ........

Saturday (30th): met and carpooled to Sedona with the NATRA. Ran the Turkey Creek trail. The Sedona Trail runners and other runners joined us, some drove in from nearby towns even from Phoenix. The trail was out and back, but with a long climb at the turnaround.

The swelling in the back of the knee has lessened, no pain, but I know it's still there per the ACL injury/recovery.  I think the knot 'shifted' the Baker's cyst and caused it to be less swollen. Feels good.

OMgosh, I ran all the way up the last time we ran this trail but whoo, I had to power hike a couple of times but it was awesome! On the way back, I ran with 3 other ladies and we caught up with two other runners who took a different route while telling us that the one we were taking was connected to it and we would be back at the TH. It did but it was a LONGER route. I was fine but the other ladies were getting tired and walking ..... but we all made it back, 7.6 miles. The predicted rain didn't happen. Then, we had coffee/breakfast at the local cafe. The Sedona trail runners have their runs on Tues mornings. I need to start joining them but not while my mom is staying with us.

Sunday (NYEve's): my mom changed her mind to go downtown for the 10 pm pine cone drop; too cold and she didn't want to walk too far or stand too long ....... even though we offered to bring a chair. Anyway, that was fine with us. There is the Pine Cone drop at 6 pm which I didn't know about for the kids, at 10 pm then another at midnight. I stayed up till 12:10 am ..... sent text message to siblings and friends.

Altair: I was watching the same NYEve's show but just couldn't stand it so switched it to "Fireworks from all over the World" .... Hong Kong, New Zealand, etc.

Monday (New Year's Day): NATRA's annual run day in town. My weird knee is actually feeling ok.

So met the NATRA  group at one of the urban trail TH (which pretty much connects throughout the town). Perfect temps, in the mid 20s, no wind. Mostly gravel/dirt trail with short sections of pavement at crossings in neighborhoods, a few hills.  Ran with 3 other ladies (yes, again but different ones). Glad they had the patience with me bc I really didn't feel like running at their faster pace .....but I did, haha!! Just being lazy really, LOL!  Finished 5.7 miles. Some of us met at the Wildflower for coffee and breakfast afterwards. This is totally my way to start the celebration of our anniversary.  We invited DH's retired friend for NY day's lunch and he offered to buy steak for him and DH, and chicken for me and my mom and veggie side dish plus chocolate chip cookies for dessert. YUM!

Plan to run tomorrow. I have to schedule my runs when DH can watch my mom. My youngest sister will be picking up my mom on Saturday. Told her I will be running with the NATRA group in the morning in Sedona and should be back by noon. Perfect timing for her.

dhuffman63

Trails

AZ can't blame your mom, I hate being out in the cold standing around.  When I visited DD last it was in October and one thing we did was go to a "haunted" jail at night and it was COLD and I hated it.  That was before starting dialysis and the last time I could visit. It's so nice you and your sister's take care of your mom like you do. You have such a weird knee...lol. It's funny how as you get older your body just randomly starts causing issues. It's like they all get together and say "Hey, let's cause a problem today" and next thing you know your foot hurts for no reason, next day it's your hip.

Well looks like we're buying the house.  DH is the one really wanting this I think.  I know it's hard for him to have to leave work to pick me up twice a week and if he would have to go somewhere for a week or so then it wouldn't work.  This way I can drive myself even in the dark cause it's only 5 min away and the streets are well lit. And driving to work won't be a problem either.

VPN still not working so I called my boss and he's putting in a work order.  There's a ton of stuff I need to do and can't, it's so frustrating. Sometimes working from home can be a PITA.

Art, glad the pain seems to have resolved itself, here's to hoping it stays that way. I'll have to see about getting some baking potatoes.  They did bloodwork on Tues so I'll see how my potassium is and if it's still good I'm getting some.

Altair I'd have to say poor kitty, but I can understand not wanting the mess.  DH is the cat person, when a cat shows up in the barn he makes friends with it, takes it in to be fixed and then we have a new barn cat.  His workers no to call him when they have a cat show up and he does what he can to help.  That's why we now have a one eyed kitten.

Led I hope you had a happy new year.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Hi Folks,

Sounds like you all had good holidays, for the most part. I enjoyed catching up on reading your posts.

We spent Christmas here in town - Christmas Eve was at DD's house, with her in-laws. There was wine and hors d'oeuvre and sweet rolls and soup. There were five children, all age 7 and under, opening their gifts. Sheer pandemonium - fun, as Christmas ought to be. I wasn't completely up to snuff, as I contracted a gut bug the day before, but was okay for the party. It broke up when they (the inlaws) needed to get to church. DW & I went home, planning to take a little nap and then go to the 9:00 service at a big church in town, just for the lessons and carols service. Probably the best music to be found in town, and I was looking forward to it...but both of us woke up three hours later! No lessons and carols for us this year! Smile

After that, we were away on a trip to Colorado for six days. We had planned to leave on Boxing Day, but blizzards closed the interstates and every other highway between here and there. There were pics of jackknifed semis etc. on the news, and we said uh-uh. We delayed the trip by one day, and we had clear sailing. DD's family were there too, as were other DD and SIL. Grandkids got time with their great-grandmother, and some Colorado cousins and uncles and aunts. Our dog came along, and as for our running, it was all short due to time and logistical constraints. One morning, we were just tromping through the cattle meadow. Other mornings, we ran on ranch roads.

Di - Thanks for starting the month - great name for the thread! Sounds like you are getting your health issues taken care of, one step at a time. Hope 2024 shows a lot of improvement for you. You have some acreage now, don't you? If you buy a new house, are you giving up some land? Anyway, if you move, you'll probably wonder after a while how you managed to live in the old place. Keep us informed.

Altair - Again, you've provided lots of interesting pics. I like the wet dog pic of you, too! Smile I missed out on Pogo because our paper didn't run it in the 60s and 70s, sadly. I know it was a great series. I have enjoyed some Laurel & Hardy movies, and also saw the 2018 bio about them, Stan & Ollie.

AZ - Great job with all your trail runs! Pine cone drop makes me think of friends who do a watermelon drop with their kids on New Year's Eve. Why a watermelon? It was one of those really random things that came from a TV station in MPLS in the 80s, and became a family tradition. Once a tradition gets started, it seems you can never stop.

Art - Hope your hip is getting better. Ease up for a few days, and it may go away and never come back. Really random things happen in our bodies, too.

Here's to a great 2024 for all of us!

Just for fun...Medusa got a seasonal hairdo:

Altair5

Runs in the rain

Art - Good that you have not had further issues and have been able to do your walks, exercises and bike ride. Nearly 30 miles is a long distance! I think I asked this before, but what was your longest bike ride? I don't mind the holiday weight gain, think the extra fat insulates me in the cold winter runs! I tend to save stuff I might need, like I'll remove screws and save them. But after a point I need to toss some of the junk! I think I filled 12 or more 55 gallon contractor bags. Also had like a four foot pile of broken-down cardboard boxes, a box of book and an old tube computer monitor. I did not think the garbage pickup would take everything, but they did!

Di - So frustrating when you can't log in to do your work! Good to review your care plan. As someone who was involved in a personal care facility I can tell you that they are short staffed and overworked. I was working 60 hours or more a week and covering all different shifts, morning, afternoon and overnights. I was not allowed to use my accumulated time unless my shift was covered, which really happened. So eventually I had to quit, too old for the stress it caused! I think the nurses are in the same boat, so no wonder if they are unhappy. I know you have diet restrictions, so not sure what to recommend for weight gain, but here is a potato recipe: scoop out a baked potato, mix it with tuna fish and cheese, stuff it in the skins and bake until brown. All year long it seems to get light by at least 7 AM here, but if you have to drive somewhere before that time it could still be dark. Saw a funny saying about the aging body, something like "When you reach 50 the check engine light comes on and when you reach 60 it stays on!" I like cats, but GF was not alright with the mess left by the feral cat. Plus, she looks at funny animal videos where cats take a swat at the dog for no apparent reason. So she says that cats are nasty!

AZ - I can see how mountain trails can become dangerous in bad weather. Driving to a distant fitness center to use the treadmill can also get dangerous. Surprised you don't have your own treadmill of at least a stationary bike. Good to meet old NM friends and have the chance for more quality time with your mom. Funny how the painful knot seemed to help with the Baker's cyst. Taking a different route without mapping it first can lead to an unexpected long run. &.6 is an intimidating distance for those not used to it. Don't blame your mom for choosing a comfortable night at home rather than the Pine Cone Drop in the cold! I also wanted to change channels from the Rockin' New Years Show, but GF insisted we watch it! Tonight she want to see "The Golden Wedding," but that's not my thing either! I did watch part of The Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame awards, some of it was interesting. I did treat myself to a CD set of John Coltrane, my favorite jazz musician! I listened to some of it today and really liked it. Surprised the New Year's Day run with the 3 ladies was at a faster pace than you liked, though you were the fastest one!

Going to watch the news now, so I'll reply to Led's post and report on my own runs a bit later!

Altair5

Runs in the rain

Led - You had a great family Christmas event, nice to watch the kiddies open the presents! Good your gut was alright. It's been a while since I've attended church, but churches can have great music! Too bad you slept past it, but sometimes you need to catch up with rest. The Colorado pictures are amazing! Love the snow on the mountains and a great moon photo! The Medusa with the Christmas tree is funny! Usually Medusa is very scary, yours looks rather whimsical. Glad you appreciated the wet dog look! Pogo was always a favorite, particularly the color Sunday pages. I have many reprint books and a CD of Pogo songs. I have all the movies that Laurel and Hardy did together, except the missing film "Hats Off." I already have watched the first disc of the silent restorations, actually watching each film twice since I would go back and view it again with the commentary. Stan and Ollie was well done, although they cannot match the charm of the originals.

New Years Day was a rest day. I watched the parade and some of the Twilight Zone marathon. A coating of snow was on the ground, so a White New Year instead of Christmas.

Tuesday, it was mostly cloudy and 37 degrees when I did 3.8 miles. Wanted to do a longer run, but put it off because it was dark and gloomy, but some sun appeared at 3 pm and I got motivated!
                    Partly cloudy, but occasional bright sun would peek out under the clouds. Photo exaggerates the dark and light contrasts, makes it look dramatic!

Near the end of the run, looking at a Burger King across the road behind the green street sign. My house would be further behind that, just beyond the trees.

Wednesday, it was all overcast and 37 degrees. I wanted to run further to make up for the short run Tuesday, so I did 8.9 miles. Legs felt tired afterwards, but I want to increase my distances.
                    Seeing the road I just ran down as I start a hill climb.

Today, Thursday, did a slightly shorter 7.9 mile run. It was colder. 27 degrees, and partly cloudy. Legs have been sore since the nearly 9 miler Tuesday, but I'm gradually decreasing distances. Want to get to 32 miles this week, so plan is to go 6 1/2 tomorrow, 5 on Saturday and rest Sunday.
                    Sun is not shining, so it may be hard to see the light dusting of snow on this field.

After a 200 foot climb I'm about to go downhill, but a few bumps along the way! On this run I found two quarters and a dime on this road and not at the same spot, but each like a mile apart from the others! No, I'm not always scanning the ground for money, but I have to glance down frequently to watch my footing!

Just about to cross overpass over 390, some nice, big trees.

dhuffman63

Trails

Wow, we actually have some snow on the ground, not much just a dusting but thought the weather report would be wrong when it said snow today. It had Tues as having snow too.  It's been in the 30's here for highs. Since I grew up in FL I sometimes don't like driving in the snow if it's covering icy roads.  Now I kind of get why DH really wants to buy that house.  I did a directions and it's only 3 min from the dialysis center.  If I need a ride home I'm sure I can get one if he drops me off in the morning.  So it appears yes we are buying that house.  We went to the local bank and met the realtor there and dropped on an earnest check. If it passes inspection (it should) we move on to closing. Might be moving by the end of January.

Led nice Christmas you had despite the tummy issue. I don't miss the chaos of children opening presents though. Yes we have 40 acres here.  We don't intend to sell the place or any part of it. We have enough money to outright buy the place and since this place is paid for no reason to sell it.  We'll take out a loan for a portion just to have more credit. As DH said it's an asset, although I think of it as a liability.

Altair, I love shrimp and rice. When we go to the Japanese hibachi place I always order shrimp and steamed rice. They serve an appetizer of onion soup and a small salad, then the rest is noodles, veggies, whatever meat you ordered, and either steamed or fried rice.  Lots of food. All the roads around here are hilly at least until you get into a town.

AZ you've had a great year of running.  I hope this year continues the trend and no knee issues!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm just keeping up 4 miles a day each morning, 2ish with the dog and 2ish solo. It's cool and pretty good running weather, but I seem to be more interested in getting home and doing stuff here than in running.

Di - Great you're keeping your 40 acres. I kind of thought that might be the case when I asked. I don't think any real estate is going to depreciate, so your husband is probably right about the purchase.

Altair - My wife has a succulent that produces long, upward-pointing strands. I gave her the Medusa pot with that in mind. There were some grotesque, evil-looking Medusa pots that did not appeal to me. The ornaments on her Christmas tree were made by the grandkids, out of polymer clay.

Altair5

Runs in the rain

Di - Buying the new home will not be as stressful if you are keeping the old one. You can take your time moving what you need over there. So I guess a 3 minute drive is 3 miles or less, if your health improves you could even walk the distance! At a Japanese restaurant I used to like the vegetable tempura with a seaweed salad and miso soup. A little glass of plum wine made a nice dessert!

Led - Running four miles a day gives a respectable 28 mile week. I'm sure you will be ready when you feel like increasing distances. I did not realize the Medusa was a flower pot! The succulent will look interesting when planted in the pot. Very cool the kids made the ornaments!

I set a 2024 miles in 2024 goal! Usually things happen and I abandon the goal, but if I follow through with my training plan I should exceed this goal. Right now I'm increasing my weekly mileage by two miles each week and plan to run a 73 mile week ending on my June birthday! Maybe too ambitious, but I'm trying my best right now. To reach the 2024 goal I need an average of 39 miles a week. With a rest day today I'm now about a mile behind. I should start catching up again next month when I'm doing 40 or more miles a week.

6.71 miles on Friday. I ran up and down a road near the lake. It was 34 degrees and overcast. Actually I was to do 6.4 miles, so I had ran a little further than planned and stopped the watch to walk the last quarter mile back to my car.
                          Another spooky looking bare tree

Five miles Saturday, this gave me 32.4 miles for the week, slightly over my goal distance. It was 32 degrees and it began to lightly snow just as I started my run. Snowfall got heavier as the run progressed and by the end there was some accumulation. Snow is still falling Sunday morning, I'd say we got about half a foot so far. Rest day today and I'm doing a 24 hour urine catch for an upcoming urology exam. Tomorrow I go for an ultrasound. I have a lot of medical appointments this month with also dental and primary doctor visits in the next few weeks.
                          Halfway through the run and snow is falling, but not yet covering the ground.

Pinecones

Partway through the 4th mile and snow is falling more heavily.

I did stop for a break at the start of the last mile and when I resumed there was an accumulation on the ground. On the left is St. Mary's Church and I'm about to run up this sidewalk towards my house about 3/4 of a mile straight ahead.

Art in AZ

A quick note before we start watching a movie.

Nothing out of the ordinary here. Still getting the 1.2 mile warm-up walk in and then going out for my normal. Weather has been cold, for us, in the morning with the temps in the upper 30s to lower 40s. Still sunny or mostly sunny later in the day.

Sunday morning brought a change in the weather, Cloudy, cold and look liked rain coming. Did the warm-up and went in and had breakfast. Got ready to go out again but felt some drops so decided to stay in. Sure enough about a half a hour later it started coming down a little harder and stayed like that until around 1:00. By then I was in cooking mode making cream of broccoli soup and bread. Broccoli from the garden of course.  I made a pan of lasagna Friday for dinner and we have plenty for leftovers. Plus some salad stuff from the garden.

Sounds like everyone is off to a good start for the new year.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

dhuffman63

Trails

Well the house purchase is moving right along.  Tues they do the termite inspection and the house inspection. Of course it's supposed to snow Tue and Fri this week.  Raining here today but it's 49  and will be in the 40's all day, so no snow today. Tue is a different story with a low of 27  and a high of 37.  Rest of the times shown on my weather app aren't a whole lot better.  I hate winter.

Thur I go for my 2 week check up for the fistula surgery.  The last tape thingee fell off this morning and the site looks good. Not sure when I'll be using it as I still can't feel the "thrill" I'm supposed to.  Wasn't sure what it felt like so I asked the lady next to me and she let me feel hers and wow that's an interesting feeling.  Like a vibration where they will put the needles in.

I guess we'll be doing some furniture shopping soon.  We'll need a couch a bed for our room, a bed for the spare bedroom, a mower, computer desk and chair, and a few more items.  I detest shopping and so far DH has been sending me links of what he's found so I haven't really had to be too involved.

Led, I liked the medusa pot what a crazy good idea putting the succulent in there.  There's a "trough" set in the ground in the back yard I'm thinking will make a good garden later this year.  Kind of weird but great for me.

Art, are planting zone is a little different than yours but I may need some inspiration later on what to plant.  Once I know the dimensions I'll reach out. The way it's set up I may even be able to do some winter plants cause I should be able to do covers.  We'll see.

Altair, I don't do much in the way of cooking as DH has been working late and I can't wait til after 7 to eat dinner.  I did make stuffed peppers Sunday since we were both at home.  Your shrimp and rice inspired me to have him pick up some shrimp that I'll make.  He doesn't like shrimp to they are all mine.

Di: however stressful or not in the home purchase, a change in life can be a good sign for the year. At least, it’ll begin as a minimalist living, right? Having said that, I don’t like shopping too, especially for furniture. But DH needs my opinion and creative ideas, LOL! I hope all starts to get better when the “thingy” gets removed.  

Tues: 5 miles w Bones on trail. 
                                Wed: rest day. DH working so stayed home with my mom and did some light stretching with her throughout the day. If not, she would literally sit all day watching TV. I have to remind her to walk and stretch. 
                                Thurs: 6.5 miles on trail w Bones. 
                                Fri: Drove to wellness center. Finished 3.1 interval miles on TM. Added weights and band resistance exercises. Whew!! I follow different videos on YouTube.

Sat: My sister decided to pick up my mom today instead of Sunday due to snow storm prediction.

So I didn’t join the group run in Sedona. My sister was late. I should have gone for a run. Oh well. Baked 4 loaves of banana bread, 2 w walnuts only and other 2w walnuts and cranberries. We visited while we had lunch. Gave her a loaf of banana bread, another to my 2 neighbors. 
                                Sunday: woke up to a winter wonderland. Got about a foot of snow in our area, more in other parts of town. Stayed home and put away holiday decor. Made lentil soup and tortillas. DH cleared our driveway and a couple of neighbors’. 
                                Mon (today): Drove to wellness center. Finished 4.5 miles on TM. Another round of weights and resistance bands exercises. And finished with foam rolling. Came home and I’m cleaning each room floor to ceiling. It’ll take me a few days. But I’m also painting the guest bathroom, and will continue into the front rooms. Yep, it’s EARLY spring cleaning …… and painting is therapeutic for me. Weird!!