50 and over 5k and beyond

November Runs & Workouts (Read 11 times)

NH Runner

Sunday, 11/24 was a day off...

Monday, 11/25... just a short ride on a bike trainer.   I'm experimenting to see if I can make a workable bike trainer from the parts of an old Nordic Track ski machine I don't use any more.   It works, but needs more work... Roll eyes

Tuesday, 11/26... 5 mile road run with what we call the "Tuesday Crew", a group who gets together every Tuesday for a run.   I used to run with these people a lot, but not so much lately.

Chantilly... I've read I run the risk of shortening my calves & achilles again if I run exclusively in shoes like the Asics with their elevated heels, so I swap them out for the Altras or racing flats on some runs.   This is all more than I ever wanted to know...lol

Hang in there with the sore legs...

adkkev... more solid runs for you, WTG!

Turned the outside light on last night to check the weather and illuminated an Opposum under the bird feeder.    What an ugly critter those things are... lol

Chantilly75

NH Runner  I thought possums were kinda cute critters?  Only squirrel and rabbit here.

Dentist/rest day.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

NH Runner

Wednesday, 11/27

Short ride on the bike trainer again.   I may have to break down and buy a real trainer, my home grown version leaves a lot to be desired...lol

Chantilly... Possums look like a giant rat to me...lol

rmcj001

Rich - Opossums, definitely ugly.  Dogs would get after them occasionally and we'd think they were dead, move 'em so the dogs couldn't get them and they'd be gone in the morning.

Chantilly - Enjoy the days off.

Mon: 7m 58:45, Tues: 7.5m 63:50, Wed: 7m 69:00.  10K this morning unofficial time was 46:10, think official time was closer to 46:25.  Overall finished 10th, 8th for men and 3rd for 50-59 year old geezers.  Main goal was to finish faster then last year (47:16) and finish in the top ten, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with my AG finish.  I just need to run faster Wink.  Oh, mile times were 7:35, 7:42, 7:32, 7:51, 7:30, 7:20, 6:16 (final change).  Son set a PR in the 1/2 at 1:33:24 and wife was close to her PR in 1:54:07 (both 1st in AG).

So, it really was a good day!

Enjoy your turkey day!

Ray

Chantilly75

rmcj001 congratulations to you and your wife!

NH Runner what is a bike trainer?  Like a stationary bike?

Happy Thanksgiving, all.

5 miles.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

NH Runner

Thursday, Happy Thanksgiving!

I decided against running the turkey trot this morning, if I'm not at 100% it's hard to get motivated...

Did run the railtrail though, warmed the first mile in 11:54, then ran 10:13, 9:56 and 9:30.

Wow Ray, your family had quite a day at the races!  Congrats to you all on a very good day!

Chantilly... what's your weather like?   Windy and cold here today with a high of just 22 degrees.  And yes, a bike trainer is another version of a stationary bike...

adkkev

6.5 miles this morning before heading out to SIL's for Thanksgiving dinner.  Sunny, breezy, and chilly - wind chill made it 14 degrees.

NH Runner

Friday, 11/29

No Black Friday shopping for me, but I did get in a 6 miler on the railtrail.   1st mile warm up in 11:27, then 9:42, 9:35, 9:47, 9:29 and 9:10.   Shoes were Brooks Mach 14 racing flats.

rmcj001

Rich - keep it up, you'll be racing soon enough.

Chantilly - 5 miles is good.

adkkev - Nice run.

10.1 in 1:29:36 to try keep my 10 miles on Friday streak going.  Today should be a rest day.  Working in the yard today and the ground is so dry.  Temps have been coming down, but barely.  It's almost December and still feels like October and the rain really has been absent.  Could be driest year on record...

Ray

NH Runner

Saturday, 11/30

Just 30 minutes on the bike trainer today.   I've decided to stay with the trainer I made using parts from a Nordic Track ski machine and my mtn bike rather than buy something that won't see a lot of use.   Free wheeling on the bike has worked well as an alternative to recovery runs, so that's what I'm up to.

Ray... nice run!

adkkev

Saturday evening - 7+ miles around town ... 126 total for the month.  1472 ytd.

NH Runner

Sunday 12/1,  6 road miles.   1st mile warm up in 12:05, then 8:52, 8:42, 8:52, 8:46 and 8:53.    A good run and hopefully something to build on...

adkkev... nice run yesterday and solid miles for the year.  Good for you!!