50 and over 5k and beyond

December Runs and Workouts (Read 17 times)

Chantilly75

rmcj001 Sorry to hear your father isn't well. Strength and peace wished to you and your family.

az2mntrail Congratulations on your race even though you had to be "sick" to finish it!

It was quite a temp. change!

NH Runner I like reading about your splits...post away!!

justrundan  congrats on continuing the Dec. streak.

worked the last 3 nights.

12 miles this AM.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

WDWRich

Ray - Prayers for your Dad and your family.

All - I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.

Rich

PRs:  9/1/2012 Disneyland 5K 27:08,  01/06/2013 Resolution 15K 1:30:17, 03/10/2013 San Diego HM 2:18:05, 04/19/2014 ACT! Today 10K  51:54

So 3 miles Sunday; 2 miles Monday; 2.5 miles today.  Weather conditions very similar to yesterday:  34 degrees, 7 mph, feels 25, cloudy, foggy, light sporadic rain.  NICE!! Easy run around the neighborhood.  Neighbors about and waving along the way Smile  Was planning on a 4 miler today but had to cut it short as right hamstring 'kinda' reminded me it was still healing.

az2mntrail Congratulations on your race even though you had to be "sick" to finish it!

It was quite a temp. change!

Thanks Chantilly.  I knew it would be a drastic change in regards to temp. and all I could do was to 'deal' with it.  I still can't believe I finished.  Great happy hour story with my trail running buddies, LOL!!  YOU are doing awesome!! I hope we get to run a race together in 2015 .....being that you are practically my neighbor!

NH Runner I like reading about your splits...post away!!

NH:  DITTO!!

NH Runner

Tuesday, 12/23... no splits today, just 2 miles on the treadmill at an easy pace working on foot plant.    It's raining outside and forecast to continue 'til Thursday, so I'll stick to short stuff on the treadmill 'til things improve.

Big day tomorrow, my kids and grandkids are coming to eat and open gifts, always a fun time.   And I get to do the cooking...

Chantilly... thanks!   12 miles, eh?   When you run, you run!   Nicely done...

Az... thanks!   Might be time for a day off, eh?    You're coming back nicely, keep up the good work...

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Art in AZ

Happy Holidays everyone.

I know it has been a long time since I posted, stuff happens but the next few weeks should be better. I'm still running most days so there is at least that. Read a few pages back.

Ray-Sorry about your Dad.

Everyone else looks to be healthy and enjoying themselves.

Time to get ready for Christmas Eve.

Art

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

Az... thanks!   Might be time for a day off, eh?    You're coming back nicely, keep up the good work...

Merry Christmas to everyone!

NH:  Thought about it but will take a day off tomorrow instead.  It was such a 'NICE' day today that I had to go for a short run while DH walked.  About 32 degrees, close to calm 5mph wind, feels 22, cloudy.  2 miles only just to keep leg muscles active and loose.  Great cool run!!

Art:  welcome back! was wondering what happened to you but glad you kept the miles going and saw that you had some awesome races in 2014!! WTG!

Wishing each of you and your family HAPPY HOLIDAYS, and that 2015 brings an injury-free, healthy, and joyous year with PRs!! LOL!! Thank you for all the support and encouragement.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  Take care and stay warm and safe, my fellow runners!! Smile

justrundan

Merry Christmas running friends!  3.1 this morning while family slept this morning. DD&DSIL STILL sleeping. Day 26 of the holiday streak. 

Enjoy your time with family over the holidays!

Dan

NH Runner

Thursday, Christmas day... 5 mile run on the roads this morning.   Windy, but at 44 degrees, unseasonably warm.  I've been working on being "light" on my feet lately and had to be careful today not to float away.     Splits were  9:10, 9:05, 9:02, 8:54 and 9:02.

Hi Art!

az... yup, ya got'ta make hay when the sun shines, who knows what tomorrow's weather is going to be...

Dan... thanks!    Keeping the Streak alive, good for you!

Chantilly75

WDWRich Merry Christmas to you, too.

az2mntrail You seem to be coming back from your race, nicely.  Merry Christmas to you also.

I need to get more "race" for my money, so am still looking at that www.mainlymarathons.com website. Very tempted to do 3 in 3 days in 3 states; not sure I could handle 5, though. Their Sept. series is within driving distance, which would save money.

NH Runner Hope you and your family had a nice Christmas. (did you make a mincemeat pie?)

Art in AZ Good to hear that you are still running. That 10 Km time looks good.

justrundan   "and they call him the streak....fastest thing on 2 feet"  (Ray Stevens

gito57 sluggo, mKayc Fletch_NC Happy wishes for you in the New Year.

5 miles.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

az2mntrail You seem to be coming back from your race, nicely.  Merry Christmas to you also.

I need to get more "race" for my money, so am still looking at that www.mainlymarathons.com website. Very tempted to do 3 in 3 days in 3 states; not sure I could handle 5, though. Their Sept. series is within driving distance, which would save money.

Chantilly:  good to know!! Are you thinking of "Center of the Nation?"  What are the distances you would do?  That's in Sept .......hmmmm,  ........have to keep them in mind. Didn't know about them at all. Will research them more, thanks!  Good job on 5 miles today!

About 30 degrees, 5mph wind, feels 20 degrees, cloudy but sun is trying to peek through although some serious gloomy dark clouds on the horizon ........... ran around neighborhood and fairgrounds.  With the temps colder each night, the 'slushy' areas of the dirt road were frozen now and thus, 'icy and slippery' ...............have to be more careful so more quick short controlled steps.  Finished 6.1 miles in under an under though, YAY!!  It was really NICE, snow flurries throughout the run!!  I love it!! Smile  Leg muscles are recovering well.  I can't believe that I'm always waking up hungry!!

sluggo

John

Hello all,

This is the first time I've looked in here for more than a week...

AZ - 4:43 on a tough marathon is great! I would feel like I was a god if I hit that time.

Dan - keep us posted about your dad. Nuts, start a new thread just to keep us up to date. Family is more important than running.

Sounds like all of you are running nicely - I am jealous of everyone running in the cold. I am in MA and it has hardly been freezing yet. It's 50 today! Where is less than 20 (or 10)?

I am still plugging along. Walk when the knee tells me to do so. Dec, 2014 will be the most mi since Oct 2013.

John
                            www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

sluggo

John

I forgot to say - Happy Holidays! I am "off" work until Jan 5th. Still have to go in on Dec 29.

John
                              www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

NH Runner

Saturday, 12/27... it was 43 degrees today, what a treat to shed the running jacket, even for a day.   5 mile road run, still working on foot plant and not worried about much else.  9:24, 9:21, 9:32, 9:06 and 9:08

Chantilly... had a great Christmas, thanks.    I've never made a mincemeat pie, but now you've got me thinking.    I made an Apple and Chocolate Cream pie for the family get together, plus prime rib and twice baked potatoes.    If I can find it, I'll post the Chocolate Cream recipe here, it doesn't use packaged chocolate pudding and is really good.

az... nice run!

Sluggo... you're making good progress...