A-Z Recipes

Dessert Recipes (Read 768 times)

go here! Smile
      FAST FIXIN CAKE (and I mean fast!...a great emergency recipe!) 1 pkg white or yellow cake mix 1/2 C water 2 eggs 1/4 C oil 1 can (20-23 oz) pie filling (I like cherry) Preheat over to 350. Pour oil into 9 x 13 pan- tilt pan to cover bottom. Put cake mix, eggs & water into pan. Stir w/ fork or spoon until blended (about 2 minutes). Scrape sides & even out batter. Spoon filling into batter. Fold in w/ fork just enough to create marbled effect. Bake 35-45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Cooled cake may be drizzled w/ powdered sugar frosting over the top if desired. (Just mix powdered sugar and milk to desired consistency).
        APPLE CRISP Super easy and super good! 10 C sliced & peeled apples 1 C white sugar 1 Tb all purpose flour 1 tsp ground cinnamon 1/2 C water 1 C quick cooking oats 1 C all purpose flour 1 C brown sugar 1/4 tsp baking powder 1/4 tsp baking soda 1/2 C butter or margarine melted 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2. Place the sliced apples in a 9x13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 Tb flour & ground cinnamon together & sprinkle over apples. Pour the water evenly over all. 3. Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda & melted margarine together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture. 4. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or till top is browned and apples are soft!
          Trent's Pumpkin Pie* Ingredients: 1 pumpkin, about 3 pounds 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk 3 eggs 4 tsp vanilla 5 ounces (by volume) white sugar, or more to taste 6 ounces (by volume) brown sugar, or more to taste 7 tsp pumpkin pie spices, or more to taste** To Do: - Cut pumpkin in half, scoop out seeds and bake cut side up on a cookie sheet at 450 degrees for about an hour. Then cool and scoop out the soft pumpkin. - Drain pumpkin in a colander for about an hour. - Mix all the ingredients together, holding out one cup of pumpkin. Puree in a food processor. Then mix in the remaining pumpkin. - Place into a pie crust, homemade if possible. - Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then 350 degrees until done. The Pie is done when it is cracking on top and the crust is approaching a mahogany brown color. - Cool thoroughly and enjoy. * or feel free to use butternut squash, or cushaw, or acorn squash, or really just about any winter melon that fits your fancy. ** I mix my own by grinding together orange peel, lots of cinnamon, some crystallized ginger, allspice and nutmeg, but you can also use the store-bought stuff.
          nemo1

This one's so cool, you have to try it (and it tastes really yummy too) Chocolate Flan Cake Cake: 1 (18.25 oz.) box chocolate or devil's food cake mix Topping: 1 (10.9-oz.) jar cajeta (caramel topping) or Smucker’s caramel topping or homemade cajeta Flan: 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk 1/2 C. fresh milk 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature 1 tsp. vanilla extract 5 eggs Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a large (at least 12-cup) Bundt pan with nonstick coating. Soften the cajeta in the jar in the microwave and pour into the prepared pan. (If you can’t find the cajeta or do not want to make your own, substitute Smucker’s Caramel topping, but the Mexican cajeta has a richer flavor). Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour the cake batter into the cake pan over the caramel. To make the flan, pour condensed, evaporated and fresh milks into a blender with the cream cheese, vanilla and eggs. Mix well. Pour the flan mixture very slowly over the cake batter. Cover the pan TIGHTLY with aluminum foil. Covering tightly is very important. Set the Bundt pan into a large pan and set on the oven rack and slide in. Carefully pour hot water into the larger pan to a depth of 2 inches (The Bundt pan will be sitting in 2 inches of water). Bake cake for about 2 hours; do not uncover during this time. 5. After two hours, remove cake from water and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Invert cake onto a large plate with rim. The cajeta will drip down the sides of the cake. Cool completely then refrigerate. Note: Even though the flan is poured on top of the cake batter, it will sink to the bottom of the pan. A couple of notes with this recipe: Keep an eye on the cake, check it after the time the box says a chocolate cake will finish for a bundt pan. Mine was done after 40 minutes, not 2 hours. Just do the toothpick test. Don't use cajeta, the stuff doesn't melt easily enough. And, this is a super moist cake because the flan will fall through the batter and you will have cameral and flan on top and cake on the bottom once you unmold the cake from the bundt pan.
            nemo1

Apple Pie: Dough 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour 1 tsp salt 1 tsp sugar 1 cup unsalted butter 1/4 cup ice water Filling 1/2 cup sugar, plus one tbsp for sprinkling 3 tablespoons all purpose flour, plus more for rolling dough 1 tsp ground cinnamon 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg 1/4 tsp salt 6 Rome Beauty apples (about 3 lbs, if you can't find these, use your favorite baking apple) 2 tbsp lemon juice 1 crust (see above) - chilled Dough In a food processor (or just use a fork, it works just as well) pulse sugar and salt together. Cut butter into small pieces. Add to the flour mixture. Pulse or cut into flour until mixture resembles course meal with a few pea size pieces remaining. Add ice water, pulse until crumbly but holds together when squeezed (if necessary add up to 4 more tbsp of ice water, one tbsp at a time). Do not overmix. Turn out onto a work surface; knead once or twice, until dough comes together. Form into a flattened disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least one hour or up to 3 days. Filling Preheat oven to 350. In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, flour, and salt. Peel and core apples, slice 1/2 inch thick. Add to bowl. Add lemon juice. Gently toss to coat. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a 20 in - round, 1/8 in thick. Wrap dough around a rolling pin, carefully unroll over a 9 - in pie plate leaving overhang. To fit into pan, lift edge of dough, and let dough drape inward. Use kitchen scissors to cut to a 3 inch overhang (if it were me, I wouldn't do it, the crust is so tasty you'll want to keep all of it.) Mound apple mixture into pie dough. Gently fold edges over apples. Lightly brush dough with cold water and sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake on a rimmed baking sheet, turning once. Bake until crust is golden and filling is set (it will be juicy but not runny), about 1 1/2 hours (tent with foil if crust browns too quickly). Cool completely before serving.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OMG, Sara...chocolate, caramel, cream cheese.... *faints* I am definitely going to try that next time I need to bring a dessert somewhere. Good excuse to buy a Bundt pan! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

nemo1

Oh yeah, you can use boxed flan too if you don't want to deal with your own recipe. I made it this way for mother's day and I didn't want to mess it up since I hadn't ever made flan before. It worked great.
                  nemo1

Here's another cool recipe, it makes a chocolate cake surrounded by a warm chocolate syrupy moat... mmm.. ever crave chocolate, this is what you should make: Hot Fudge Sundae Cake 1 cup all-purpose flour 3/4 granulated sugar 2 tablespoons cocoa 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup milk 2 tablespoons vegetable oil 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (in a pinch 1/4 teaspoon almond extract) 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired 1 cup packed brown sugar 1/4 cup cocoa 1 3/4 cups very hot water Ice cream, if desired (it's not a sundae without the ice cream, but without it, I just call it The Chocolate Island Cake. It tastes great either way) Heat oven to 350. Mix flour, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, the baking powder and salt in ungreased square pan, 9x9x2 inches (it doesn't have to be precise, I like it in a round pan, it needs to be a little deeper than a 9X13 or a 9x8 though). Mix in milk, oil, and vanilla with a fork until smooth. Stir in nuts. Spread in pan. Mix brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa in a separate small bowl. Once combined, sprinkle over batter. Pour very hot water over batter. Carefully move to oven. Bake 40 minutes. Spoon warm cake into dessert dishes and top with ice cream. Spoon sauce from pan onto each serving.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here is the baklava recipe my hubby recently made. He said he used a bit less sugar and I know he didn't use rosewater. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Guinness Ice Cream makes about a quart (i use a kitchenaid mixer w/ ice cream bowl attachment) 2/3 c. guinness stout 2 T. + 2 tsp. dark molasses 4 egg yolks 1/3 c. brown sugar 1 c. soymilk (plain, unsweetened) 1 c. heavy cream - mix guinness & molasses; bring to boil over medium heat; once at a boil, kill the heat and set aside to cool - cream egg yolks into sugar (i saved my whites for this weeks' turkey burgers, ha). add soymilk (orig. recipe calls for dairy milk, but i didn't have any and wouldn't buy it if i had soy in the 'fridge) & cream, whisk to combine. - slowly add guinness & molasses into egg/sugar/milk/cream mix, whisk to combine. - set mixture in fridge for min. 2 hours - once mix is properly chilled, pour into ice cream maker & follow your regular method (i have a pre-freeze bowl for my kitchenaid). w/ my kitchenaid, i let it run on "stir" for 25-30 minutes, until it had expanded nearly out of the bowl-- scraped it into containers and oh my god this is some delicious shit. there's just enough bitterness at the end to call out for fudge, but that's for another day. this is adapted from a recipe from the Boston Globe, btw. original recipe also calls for vanilla bean, but i took a pass b/c i am saving my beans for something else, and figured the guinness & molasses might overpower the vanilla anyway. next: experimenting w/ ways to get that same egg-base creaminess w/o the eggs-- i have, in my soap workshop, soy lecithin that might help, but no idea how to use it in food. i'm all ears, if you have suggestions.
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Guinness Ice Cream
                          ... Take two scoops of this Add this - And you get this - A Stout Beer Float. Good stuff.
                            loooove the guinness float!
                              Personal preferences: This is very rich & sweet so you don't need to cut large pieces (unless you wish to send someone into a diabetic coma!) Make the bottom layer slightly thinner, then use the remaining to make more of the crumbles. Decrease the amt of choc chips & sweetened condensed milk to make the chocolate layer a little thinner. Use more raspberry jam for more flavor. Decrease the amount of choc chips on top or it overpowers the cream cheese layer completely. Garnish with fresh raspberries before serving. Chocolate Raspberry Bars ¾ c pecan halves 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp ½ c dark brown sugar, packed 2 c flour ¾ t salt, divided 1¼ c sweetened, condensed milk 3 c semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided 8 oz cream cheese, room temp ⅓ c granulated sugar 1 large egg ½ t vanilla ½ c seedless raspberry jam In a large sauté pan, toast the nuts for about 10 minutes, until they are slightly brown & emit a nutty scent. Remove them from the heat, cool and coarsely chop. Preheat oven to 350°. Butter a 9x13 baking pan. In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter until it is soft & creamy. Keeping the mixer at medium speed, beat in the dark brown sugar. Remove the beater & scrape it. Stir the flour, ½ t salt and the nuts into the butter mixture until very well combined. Measure out 2¼ c of this mixture & set the rest aside. Press the measured butter mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. While this is baking, combine 2 c of chocolate chips with the condensed milk in a heavy saucepan. Cook, stirring, over low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove the crust from the oven & pour chocolate mixture immediately over the hot crust. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until it is very smooth. Add granulated sugar & beat once more until smooth. Add egg, vanilla & remaining ¼ t salt & beat again until very smooth. In a small bowl, stir jam until it is smooth. Sprinkle remaining butter-nut mixture over the chocolate in your baking dish. Ladle the jam evenly over the butter-nut mixture. Ladle the cream cheese mixture over the jam layer and sprinkle the remaining cup of chocolate chips over the cream cheese. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the cream cheese layer is set & no longer liquid in the middle. Cool on a rack. Makes 32 bars.
                              So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                              ashares

heaven cake super easy, no bake, and you'll think u died and went to heaven 1 round angel food cake lemon pudding mix 2 cups milk package of cream cheese tub of cool whip(thawed) 1. mix milk and pudding mix as directions state. refrigerate for a few hours 2. slice the cake in 2 sections so the top section is thinner than the bottom 3. pick out chunks of the cake from the bottom part so it forms a trough 4. eat the pieces (optional) Wink 5. mix the cream cheese into the pudding mix leavin it a lil' bit chunky to your preference 6. fill the trough with the mix, and even outsidde the trough too, so u get a layer effect wen u put the top back on 7. put the top back on and ice heavily with cool whip. put it in the fridge to chill for a while 8. garnish with whatever u want. i think coconut looks cool, of even lemon skittles if ur a sugar junkie Big grin