Beginners and Beyond

Oatmeal Muffin Friday Penguins (Read 17 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

National Oatmeal Muffin Day!

PADRunner

While it's not a muffin, I am having oatmeal again.

I thought about making it tough for scotty today and name it.  "I feel like I've been hit by a bus and I am going to die" - Friday Penguins.

I guess no side effects  was just wishful thinking, URD today.

From the Internet.

Feel better PAD! Sad

Just a couple easy for me after yesterday's MLR - OMFG MY SHINS ARE 100% NORMAL AGAIN!! Big grin They'd been bugging me off and on for the last couple of weeks, ever since starting to run slower/being on my feet way longer with the low HR Maffetone business. Not enough to stop running, but enough that I was kinda worried and cut back a bit last week, so I am thrilled that it seems like it was just an adaptation thing.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  6 and weights tonight.

I hope you didn't get what I have PAD.  It's bad!

Damaris

Morning all! I love Oatmeal. It's an everyday staple.

Hope you feel better, Pad.

Lauren, glad you're shins are better.

Holiday Streak mile done then upper body weight workout. Cut it close, but can cross that off my list for today.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning.  Waiting for DW to wake up for a short run.  Maybe a movie later.  I heard "The Interview" is pretty good and should get nominated.

tracilynn

Feel better pad.

Flu is hitting around here like crazy and I'm terrified because I have 3 Petri dishes (kids) living with me and it's almost Christmas and we have plans dammit.

Lol Jerry, I heard it was a "killer" movie.

I ran 5 Miles last night looking at Christmas lights. My calves are really tight and sore right now. Kinda worried. I'm doing a 5K tomorrow Rudolph run.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

PAD: Bleh... hopefully it's just a 24 hour thing.

Lauren: Good to hear. Are you running in different shoes?

Docket: Good to see you are feeling better. Nice pic with the Army man guy of FB.

Kathleen: Have you heard of MNU, the little university in Olathe? That's where my friend is the football coach. He had a great rookie year there.

Jerry: Wait for Unbroken. I still want to see Fury but I will likely wait for it on Redbox.

Traci: "Petri dishes"  Smile  Try doing the stair stretch for your calves. It should help not only your calves but also your achilles and plantar fascia. I have been doing more stretching since my injury problems and I think it's helping. Plus, I am now a firm believer in deep tissue massage and I am going for one on Monday after my HM on Sunday. Hurts so good...

SRD for me AND a short day at work, which is nice. After work I am driving down to San Diego (La Jolla, actually) to pick up DS who will be coming home for two weeks.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

I got inconclusive test results on Wednesday.  Which means more tests; a PET scan and biopsy.  According to Dr Google there's still a 92% chance that it's nothing.  Amazingly, I have not been obsessed with negative thoughts.  But it's always kind of there in my mind as a little background noise.

I'm headed out now for 6 or 7 miles depending on how cold I get.  (it's 49 degrees here - I know some of you can't relate to that being "cold").

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice one, PAD!

Muffins, anyone? 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

GinnyinPA

No muffin, but we had oatmeal this morning.

PAD - sorry you're sick too.

Scotty - I hope you're starting to feel better.

Lauren - good news about the shins.  It may have been adaptation to the slower pace.

Damaris - I hope your lungs have cleared out.  Enjoy your run this evening.

Kathleen - good job on keeping the streak going.

Jerry - is Wild playing near you?  Have a good run.

Traci - love the petri dishes comment.  So true.  Go for a walk and then roll and/or massage your calves and you should be fine.

Jack - safe travels to SD and back.  Good luck on your race tomorrow.

Brilliant - not exactly an ice box.  I hope it's a nice long run. Sorry you didn't get any answers, but 92% chance of benign is good.

AFM:  We may go for a short walk in the woods this afternoon.  We've all been missing hiking, so now that deer rifle season is over, it should be safe enough.  OTOH, it's cold out there (36 feels like 27, so we probably won't go far.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope you feel better, PAD!  Maybe an actual muffin will make you feel better.

Yay for 100 percent shins, Lauren!

Good luck with the 6 and weights today, Damaris?  Are you feeling better?

Way to keep the streak going, Kathleen! And get the weights in too!

Yeah, good luck watching "The Interview", Jerry, lol.  Hope your run goes well.

Safe drive, Jack!

Sorry about inconclusive results, Brilliant, hope the new round of tests will give you better information.

Enjoy the walk, Ginny, if you go!  And watch out for the deer..they might be looking for unarmed humans for a little revenge... 

AFM:  I am like Jack - early day for me today, leaving at noon - but also like Brilliant, in that although I am feeling better today and back at work, my doc still wants me to come in today and get a few tests to rule out some things. So that will be my afternoon today after I leave here.  Tonite Gail and I are going to a neighborhood Christmas party, so that will be nice.

Tomorrow morning, I have a 5-mile event.  Plan to just do the miles VERY easy and probably will finish well over an hour, but that's okay.  I was also supposed to do an event at 6 PM., but it went right out of my head when I registered last week that the event is at the same time I will be watching with friends the Redskins-Eagles game, friends who are like me, retired military and from the DC area, we all grew up as Redskins fans.   The season this year is a total loss, so we are going to be like one of the DC bars announced they are doing for their customers and Redskins fans, have a 'wake' for the season during the game, lol.    The evening run is for a good cause, so I called one of the contacts at the foundation putting on the race and asked them, since I am pre-registered to donate my entry to someone who maybe did not get in, could not afford it, etc.  The guy thanked me and said he had just such a person in mind.  So glad the entry is not going to waste.

So that will give me 75 races for 2014 - tied with 2013 - instead of 76, and that's still not too bad.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Slow 3.25 for us.  2 more streak weeks.

Hoping for 100%, Brill.

Still deciding on the movie.  "Wild" is on our Oscar list, Ginny.

Have a great Solstice weekend.

silver_springs77

yay lunchtime!!!

Ugh sorry to those who are feeling sick...a lot of my students are hit with it as well...you go down like a ton of bricksi feel like i am exhausted but i hope its just because i have been running on adrenaline at work and am ready for 3:00 pm and not because i am getting sick.

Ginny - I teach 9th and 10th grade english to students with learning/behavior disabilities.

Jerry - enjoy the Interview. ;-)  Traci- you took my joke about a killer movie...haha. in reality the local movie reviewer here was one of the few to get an advanced screening for reviewing and said in reality it wasnt that great of a movie...

Jack - enjoy the drive to SD

Scotty - internet filter wont download the picture. <cries>  have fun on your run...Geaux Redskins! My principal is an Eagles fan and we are always giving each other grief....

doing a couple of miles tonight (couch 2 5k week three day 3) and going to speed it up. took it real easy on Monday and WEdensdays workout and didnt even feel like i had worked out...so today seeing how i can speedwise....

...that is if I can survive the afternoon with my craziest two classes....barely any of whom have turned in their essay due yesterday and thinking its just a "turnt up day"

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

- 1 Corinthians 9:24

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good morning Penguins!

I got inconclusive test results on Wednesday.  Which means more tests; a PET scan and biopsy.  According to Dr Google there's still a 92% chance that it's nothing.  Amazingly, I have not been obsessed with negative thoughts.  But it's always kind of there in my mind as a little background noise.

I'm headed out now for 6 or 7 miles depending on how cold I get.  (it's 49 degrees here - I know some of you can't relate to that being "cold").

Good luck!

I sometimes wonder how many "inconclusives" mean there is nothing there but we need to make more money.

Damaris