Beginners and Beyond

What's your favorite music THURSDAILIES? (Read 201 times)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning! I got a good run in this morning. My 2nd of 3 quality workouts this week. Coach Daniels really kicking my ass this week.Smile 9.3m w/ 3x10min cruise intervals. Splits of 7:06, 7:08, and 7:09 spot on at my T pace of 7:10. Very pleased with my run today. Really wish I could race that 5k this weekend.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning everyone!

jedi, nice work on the run!

Kay, you know what the best thing is for soreness is right? Working out some more!

Basya, good luck on your multiple workouts today and enjoy your iced coffee Smile DD iced coffee is a pre race ritual I have. I swear it gives me more speed.

Heidi, enjoy your recovery run!

Gustav, congrats!!!!!!!

Luke, don't go crazy on the TM tonight. Watching movies seems to help me.

Beth, I can't wait to hear your secret!!!!

Phil, glad to hear you enjoyed spin and your knee is doing better.

Kristin, I promise I won't tell you woke up late Smile

flarunner, great work on the strides!

As for me, workout video again tonight (Slim in 6). Seems to be hitting all the areas I need to work on but low impact.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Oh, and I almost forgot the most important part of the day!

Coffee's brewing as we speak. Although sadly, my cup has no lipstick on it...

I suppose I could take the easy way out and buy some lipstick....

But, no. Ain't gonna happen!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Oh, and morning, Dailies!

Never did get a run in yesterday, but I'm going to today! It's a good day for a long run, I'd say. Chilly, scattered showers, and possible snow tonight. I can do that!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run around the university campus after work yesterday.   I ended up with 4 miles under sunny blue skies in a 58 degree temperature.  I got ambitious and did my campus hill route and then after getting back to the gym did an upper body weight training circuit on the weight machines.   Today after work I will go and get my race packet for my Saturday 5K and then it's off to Randolph Air Force Base to get in a few miles.  Temp today will be even nicer, 63 degrees - our normal high for this time of year - and lots of sunshine, sweet.

Favorite music:  Classic Rock n Roll and Oldies...if the music is after the 80s, don't bother me with it! Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Morning, guys!

I didn't post yesterday but I was super happy because I was able to run 7 miles!  My last few runs before that, I'd hardly been able to make it to 3 miles.  I went out yesterday with my sister, expecting to only make it three miles, but when we got back it was still feeling good, so we decided to tack on another mile.  Still felt good after that so I decided to run around my neighborhood a little more- managed 3 more miles!  The ITB did start to kick in around 6.5 but wasn't so bad I couldn't make it home.  My longest run in the whole month before that was 4.4 so I was really encouraged.  Yay!  : )

We'd gone very slow yesterday because it was snowing out, so I decided to take it slow again today to see if that was what made the difference (plus, the footing still wasn't great because of yesterday's snow).  Did 4 miles without any ITB issues at all!  Woohoo!

School with the kids today and getting the house picked up and something yummy made for the adoption support group that I'm hosting at my house this evening.

Have a nice day, everyone!  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Heck, Kay, all you've been doing the last few days, I don't doubt your legs are sore.  You earned a rest day.  Enjoy!  Umm, gee, coffee Tight lips  is not the most important part of my day, lol.  Waking up with my beautiful wife beside me is the way I like to start my day.  Well, heck, at my age, just waking up is a good way to start the day. Joking   Followed by chatting with all of you in the morning to get my day started. Big grin

Basya..'waiting for the T"  ?   Enjoy your gym time!

Happy recovery run, RM23B!

Good luck with the TM miles, Luke!  I'm sure you'd rather actually be out on the trails.

Happy pool time, Just B.S.   Sounds like an exciting trip may be in the works for you and DH coming up.

Spinning is tough, baboon, doubt I could last 5 minutes, lol.   50 minutes, way to go!

Enjoy it while you can, flarunner, I was watching the Weather Channel and they say that Florida is going to get a cool-down next week because of a cold front pushing down from the North.   Probably won't last that long for you, though.

Nice running for you, jedigunnie!  Umm, why can't you run the 5K?

Enjoy the video workout, lilac.

Although sadly, my cup has no lipstick on it...  But, Tom, at least your stockings are straight, right? Wink  Good luck with your run today in what sounds like some nasty weather.

Nice running for you, Kristin79, congrats!  Enjoy your hosted gathering tonite.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

I listen to rock.  My legs are still pretty sore.  Probably going to skip today's spin class...

That was hilarious!

Spin class or the elliptical is fine, just keep it smooth, ala a recovery effort.

Gus, I was there five weeks ago, it was the best 1 mile run eva!

Jedi, I'm running w/ Daniels as well.  Lookin forward to those challenges!

Kris, please take it easy the next few days.  7 on a an ignorant band demands it.

Kris w/ #'s, the Lunarglide should be the right shoe.  Your problem could stem from the trails/hills you ran.  Of course you're going to listen to the pro's not I.

As for me, I got in 6 easy on the belt w/ 5 x strides @ 6:00 pace. 

Hey, remember how I was saying I couldn't watch TV while on the belt, well today I happened across Curious George and you know what?  I watched it intently!  The Cat in the Hat followed and I think I actually sang along with him for a few bars. 

Yep.  I am 44 going on (4)5 years old!  

Big grin

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

Gus and Kristin, good news! Yay running!

To everyone running today, enjoy. To everyone resting, enjoy!

I'm going to the gym at lunch for some myrtl and 3x1' of strengthrunning.com's standard core routine. Maybe a little bit of cardio if I can fit it in. I had a STELLAR run last night. McMillan wanted me to do mile repeats at 8:42-8:50ish, so I did my first repeat at 6.7, second at 6.8, and third at 6.9. Including warmup, cooldown and recovery I did 6 miles in 58:22, which is my fastest 6-miler to date. I have a 10k in a few weeks that I'm hoping to hit 58Tight lippedx on. It's hilly but I seem to run better on hilly courses than flat ones, so we'll see.

Have a great day!

ETA: I love how Tight lipped pops up when you try to put in a certain pace. Ha.

@runjerseygirl

That was hilarious!

Spin class or the elliptical is fine, just keep it smooth, ala a recovery effort.

I decided to leave my gym bag at home.  Rest day for me.  I think I'm going to hit the elliptical tomorrow.

Do you even run?

LRB

I decided to leave my gym bag at home.  Rest day for me.

Or that!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I ran 4 recovery miles at 6am in 71F and only 97% humidity (hear me, flarunner?)  Very nice run.  Working from home today.

The Cirque show was awesome.  One of their bests, IMO.

Gustav, yay at the running again.

Beth, I cannot wait to hear what it is!

Have a nice day!

Damaris

Robert31320

Team TJ

3.25 mles did.

As for my choice in music, here ya go...I'm down with the sickness!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-_Eic7F--0&list=FLuEBDf691GFaksvvKCdPuTw&index=48

Running for TJ because he can't.

@runjerseygirl

3.25 mles did.

As for my choice in music, here ya go...I'm down with the sickness!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-_Eic7F--0&list=FLuEBDf691GFaksvvKCdPuTw&index=48

Robert, you freakin' rock!  Love Disturbed!  \m/

Do you even run?

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

LRB - which plan you using? I'm not running a marathon this spring, so using his 5k-15k plan to train for 2 HMs.

That was hilarious!

Gus, I was there five weeks ago, it was the best 1 mile run eva!

Jedi, I'm running w/ Daniels as well.  Lookin forward to those challenges!

Kris, please take it easy the next few days.  7 on a an ignorant band demands it.

Kris w/ #'s, the Lunarglide should be the right shoe.  Your problem could stem from the trails/hills you ran.  Of course you're going to listen to the pro's not I.

As for me, I got in 6 easy on the belt w/ 5 x strides @ 6:00 pace. 

Hey, remember how I was saying I couldn't watch TV while on the belt, well today I happened across Curious George and you know what?  I watched it intently!  The Cat in the Hat followed and I think I actually sang along with him for a few bars. 

Yep.  I am 44 going on (4)5 years old!  

Big grin

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???