Beginners and Beyond

Tax Day Wednesday Penguins (Read 23 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Or you could do both, PAD.  And then take an extra day of rest this week. 

Safe travel, Jerry, watch out for mormons morons....

Hope you feel better Damaris.

Enjoy some miles today, Zelanie, and leave Crabby at home...

Good luck with the PT, HsM, hope it helps with your problem areas.  If not....keep on drinking... 

Congrats on your workout, Brilliant, and glad you did not expire

Urban hills, lol, sapf.  Please don't fall off the bridge.

Nice to hear you are doing better, Lauren!  Wishing you healthy from now until the end of never...

So sorry to hear about your mom, Jack, and wishing her all the best.  Positive attitude...your mom sounds like a great lady with her head in the right place...positive attitude definitely helps!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

GinnyinPA

Jack - I'm sorry to hear about your mom.  I hope you do get to run your marathon, even if it's not one of your speedy ones.

PAD - it's nice not to have a schedule, isn't it?  Have a good day, whatever you end up doing.

Jerry - safe travels.  Have fun at your race this weekend.

D - are you still getting affected by the paint fumes?  Or just dehydrated from all the flying?  I hope you feel better.

Scotty - Fiesta sounds like a lot of fun.  I know you'll be busy with races and other events.  Have a good run at the AFB this afternoon.

HopesMom - sounds like you've got a good plan.  At the least, getting stronger hips can't hurt.

sapf - have fun running your bridge.  How many times do you run it?

Brilliant - good job on the intervals.  Next time will be easier.

Lauren, you do realize that according to Yasso, you should be able to do a marathon in 3:45?  Great job on the intervals.

Z - I hope you're more in the mood to run today.  I'm not surprised you were tired after your busy running weekend.  Sometimes muscle soreness takes a couple of days to hit.

AFM:  I have six on the schedule.  I think I'll go to the hilly neighborhood and see how it goes.  I've gotten better at hills, but they are still hard.  I'd like to not embarrass myself too bad when I'm racing.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They only painted samples so that's not affecting me but I am still a bit dehydrated.  This migraine I have not idea what happened but it still hurts!

Damaris

From the Internet.

Jack, sorry to hear about your mom Sad Keeping you all in my thoughts and hoping she responds well to any treatment options after surgery.

Lauren, you do realize that according to Yasso, you should be able to do a marathon in 3:45?  Great job on the intervals.

Haha don't give me any crazy thoughts, I'm already toying with the idea of training with sub-4:00 in mind for this fall! I think you're supposed to be able to do something like 10 of them for Yasso's prediction to hold any water.

Brilliant

Jack, I'm really sorry about your mom's troubling news. Thoughts and prayers going out to your family.

Brilliant

Congrats on your workout, Brilliant, and glad you did not expire

Me, too.  It was touch and go there for a while. Wink

Ginny, I hope you have a nice hilly run, and no, you will NOT embarrass yourself on race day!  You are going to rock it.  Your training has been fantastic.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

sapf - have fun running your bridge.  How many times do you run it?

Just once for now - the route I take to get there already has me at 2.25 miles (I do a bit of a warmup in the local park first).  Today I did 5.9 miles total.  Maybe I'll do bridge repeats at some time in the future.  The queensboro bridge is a long bridge though.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

GinnyinPA

What' the elevation gain?

Kathleen - I hope you're feeling better today.

Scott - what is the MRI for?

My hills went well, but I wasn't sure I'd get through the workout.  Everything hurt when I started. Not so bad by the end.

Robert31320

Team TJ

3 miles at the park after work.

well wishes to your Mom, Jack.

Running for TJ because he can't.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jack, best wishes to your mom.  She obviously has a great support system.

tracilynn

Jack, so sorry to hear the news. I'll be thinking of you guys.  Hugs.

~~~~~~~

Traci

PADRunner

Sorry to here jack it's tough.I've been there...

hog4life

Jack, I'm sorry to hear that about your mom.

5 miles mid day before work.

Me too.  Otherwise I'm tying up my knees and doing clamshells for nothing! 

Love those clamshell! They really helped my ITB.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Jack, sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she rebounds completely.

I finally don't feel sick tonight. Still croaky but not sick. Haven't run a blessed mile since last Saturday, so I have two days to complete my taper week before my half on Saturday.

I thought I might stick to the scheduled 5 for tomorrow. Friday was supposed to be a rest day. Suggestions? My A goal is to run sub 2:30, but that's a stretch. I've mentioned I've been struggling with 10+ miles without walk breaks (stupid ITB). My last HM was 2:39, but I've really increased my base this winter. As of right now I just want to finish with both lungs still inside me. Sorta sad about this.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K