Beginners and Beyond

It is Jeans Day Fridailies! (Read 42 times)

happylily

Are you stylin' the skinny jeans look, Dave? We want to see that, please! 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Anyway, this morning it was 35 degrees with a 29 windchill. ON MAY 16, WTF?? But hell if I'm going to put on long pants to run this time of year, so did it in shorts anyway. Although with 2 long sleeve tech tees & gloves. A guy at work said "I saw a guy running outside in the cold this morning wearing shorts, is that something runners do?" Erm, maybe. 8.2 easy miles.

LOL Dave.

- Andrew

Just B.S.

No jeans for me today. Cause I have the day off!!! Smile Smile Smile and Monday is a holiday here. So a 4 day

weekend.

My boss came to my training room yesterday (I am the trainer) and told everyone class was cancelled for 

today.   Our CEO told her to give me the day off as well (with pay of course)She thought I deserved an extra

long weekend as I haven't taken a day off or had a sick day in 6 months since I started. (mostly because I

am saving all my vacation for Europe in Sept)  It's really nice to be truly appreciated. 

So now my plans for this beautiful warm sunny Friday are to bike the 16 miles to the pool and meet hubby and

son for lap swimming at 4pm. 

Tomorrow we are cycling 40-45 miles and Sunday I will run for the first time since the marathon last Sunday.

Had no soreness or ill effects from the race but I always take a week off and cycle/swim instead. Looking forward

to 10 miles on Sunday.

Hope everyone has a good day and an even better weekend.

LRB

I take a week off afterwards as well Beth, some people can get right back into it and I probably could but I

just don't.

happylily

Beth, I had forgotten about Victoria Day for the rest of Canada... I thought we were the only ones with Monday off. I've been brainwashed for too long with all that nationalistic crap.  It's awfully nice of your boss to recognize your hard work. Enjoy the day off today! I'm no longer sore also, but that could be because I ran what LTH would call a "glorified long run". 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

AM

6.5 easy miles with some minor hills.

PM

Driving for 4 hours, doubt I will do much tonight beyond that.  Maybe a big ass bowl of icecream to blow my calories completely out.

gaa...  the temptation

Just B.S.

I take a week off afterwards as well Beth, some people can get right back into it and I probably could

but I just don't.

Same here and same for hubby. I could and did after one marathon, because I had another 28 days later

but I prefer to swim/cycle instead and give the legs a little rest. Has never hurt my running and likely helped my

recovery.

Ric-G

5 miles this AM and no jeans here - it's been way too hot.

Taking my younger son to see Godzilla tonite...he's gotten into it lately and started watching the old japanese movies...he flipped when i told him there was also a baby godzilla that started showing up in those movies...that just led to more questions from him...always interesting to see kids discover things that you remember as a kid....have a great friday everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Jack, what do you do for work?  I want to wear shorts to work!  I don't understand why it's acceptable (at least at my job) to go from a long sleeve button up to a short sleeve polo shirt when it gets warm, but not to go from pants to shorts?  Why is it ok to show our arms, but somehow unprofessional to show our legs?  Not really ranting, just something I've wondered about. Smile

8 great miles in the monsoon!  It was coming down in buckets, loved it!  That is, until it decided to stop raining about halfway through my run and then it was 172% humidity for the rest of the run. lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

D2: I am a public educator (teacher). Fortunately, I have a pretty cool boss and we have a "loose dress code." Seriously, I wear nice shorts and a clean running shirt most days. If I have to get "dressed up" for something I will wear a Hawaiian shirt.

DavePNW

D2: I am a public educator (teacher). Fortunately, I have a pretty cool boss and we have a "loose dress code." Seriously, I wear nice shorts and a clean running shirt most days. If I have to get "dressed up" for something I will wear a Hawaiian shirt.

Ha! California.

D2 - if you were a woman you could probably get away with bare legs with a skirt, or even dressy shorts, and probably sandals too. But then you'd need to shave your legs & get a pedicure.

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

No jeans for me....

10.2 miles running though.

Marjorie

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Hey everyone!

Jack, what do you do for work?  I want to wear shorts to work!  I don't understand why it's acceptable (at least at my job) to go from a long sleeve button up to a short sleeve polo shirt when it gets warm, but not to go from pants to shorts?  Why is it ok to show our arms, but somehow unprofessional to show our legs?  Not really ranting, just something I've wondered about. Smile

8 great miles in the monsoon!  It was coming down in buckets, loved it!  That is, until it decided to stop raining about halfway through my run and then it was 172% humidity for the rest of the run. lol

Careful you will call the wrath of LTH...

Mmmmm...beer

Careful you will call the wrath of LTH...

It's ok, I checked, it really was 172%.  I think they were using metric. 

-Dave

My running blog

Mmmmm...beer

Right on, I could get onboard with that.  Smile

-Dave

My running blog