Beginners and Beyond

Let's get rolling Sunday Penguins! (Read 22 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Vance, the trail Hokas are the Hoka model for trail, ha.  Hokas are a brand of ultra running shoes that look sort of like those platform sketches.

It is super technical.  As in you can break something.

Damaris - what is the advanced trail like?  Hilly?  Hard to imagine in southern Florida.

Our running club newsletter had an article on Hoka One Ones.  Those are the ones that are a much thicker sole, right?  Must take some time to get used to.  See p. 7 http://www.chambersburgrrc.org/Newsletter/2013_crrc_april.pdf

Jerry - congratulations to you and your wife.  Hope you had fun.

Vance - I hope you get spring soon.  We're just starting, only a month late.

Gustav - nice weekly mileage.

Zelanie - I've had clicking knees, never clicking hip joint, but I was able to move without pain.  I hope that's the case for you as well.  You just get to sound like a flamenco dancer as you move - or a bowl of rice crispies (Snap, crackle and pop.)

Mitch - sorry about losing your Sunday to work.  I hope you get your run in later.

Jack - enjoy your easy run.

Coralie - good job doing two runs today.  Glad you signed up for the Cemetery run.  You had said you wanted to do that.

AFM:  Beautiful day today, though windy, so I'm planning 4 outside.  I'm considering registering for a local "Run, Ride, Ramble" 15k on a railtrail in two weeks.  After getting killed by yesterday's hills, the idea of a completely flat race appeals.  OTOH, 9 miles is on the edge of my current long run, and the trail is gravel, which can be a pain, I hear.  I like running dirt roads though, so how different is this likely to be?  One thing I like about this event is it is one of the few local runs that has a lot of people (it has a 5k, a bike event, a hiking event as well as the 15k), so there is a big barbeque and some excitement, unlike yesterday's low key effort with only 100 people, only coffee and water afterwards, and everybody dispersed as soon as they were done.  (They had prizes, but it was cold, so those of us who were not up for awards either left immediately, or hung around waiting for a while, and then left.)

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats to Jerry and DW.

Talking about shoes, the Running Warehouse had a closeout liquidation sale this week and somebody bought too many....

Damaris

hog4life

Jerry, congrats to you and DW, looking forward to hearing about it.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hi friends!

Ran my 4M race in Central Park today. What a great day! My parents came from Jersey to see me race and spend time with me after and we had a lovely spring day in the city! I will write a RR....mostly because my parents took about a trillion pictures I'd love to share. I did not run all out, and had a little snafu (my ITB strap was not quite on right and was causing a ton of pain, but since it was under my tights I had to duck into a porta potty to fix it right at the end of the first mile...and lost a minute and a half because of line UGH!!!!) but otherwise I basically ran on the faster end of my training run pace for most of the race. A hill in the third mile got me a bit and I ended up running very slowly up it... But aside from those minor hiccups I maintained a mid-10s pace otherwise, ran comfortably and happy, and enjoyed running in Central Park a lot!!! Ended up with 44:46. Which is a PR, but my only other 4 mile race I also didn't race all out....but I'll take it anyway. One of these days I will really really RACE a 4M!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Philliefan33

Goodfolk sod evening folks.

Im trying to catch up on the race reports/results. Congrats Kristin, Jerry,and DW!  I'm probably missing some racers-sorry but I haven't read all the RRs yet.

Yesrterday I cross-trained (aka yard work) all day. Lots of digging and hauling but no running. I got out for a 2-hr LR, just a little over 10 miles, this afternoon.

Sloooow.

Congratulations to all the racers this weekend!

I ran again just before dinner, 2 more miles for 4 total. First time I've ran outside since March 16th.