Beginners and Beyond

Fridailes????? Where you at (Read 39 times)

DavePNW

Everybody in Scotty's pics is wearing bib #1.  I'm calling shenanigans on that run.

Don't you know that EVERYONE'S a winner?

Dave

Hip Redux

Speaking of cold weather, I got my Polar Buff today!  Thanks to whoever suggested it (Shari?), should work great.  I am not testing it out in this cold though lol  I'll wait until tomorrow when it's supposed to be a warm 20!

Zelanie

Morning!  Time to get the lead out of these heavy legs.  Tonight is the first tempo run of my new training cycle.  Hopefully this will tell me that the heavy legged feeling I've had lately has been all in my mind.  Maybe that's what having some downtime does to me. Smile

DavePNW

Gotta find something to keep you amused while you are on the dreadmill, Dave!  No tv or movies to watch, etc., while you run?

Well we actually have a treadmill in the house now, which is great for convenience. And it is in front of the TV. But it's funny that watching TV doesn't seem to make time pass any faster. In fact it actually seems to go faster without the TV. Then I just let my mind wander in a million different directions, which makes it feel more like I am outside (I don't run with music). Maybe I am weird.

Anyway, 8 on the treadmill today, staring off into space for an hour and 11 minutes....

Dave

Just B.S.

The boss was out at lunch and apparently the roads are bad and getting worse. (it`s a blizzard actually,

hard to see much with the wind driving the snow so hard)

We don`t have any clients today anyway because the majority of them have physical disabilities and

it is not safe for them in weather like this.

So after 1.5 days work since Dec 24th I am starting the weekend early Smile

See you all later!

Ric-G

Don't you know that EVERYONE'S a winner?

and everyone gets a medal!

yowzers you guys are dealing with some awfully cold stuff...sending you some west coast warmth....running today is a question mark...maybe a couple miles later....nothing on the calendar so motivation is at a standstill....have a good day all!

marathon pr - 3:16

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 for me. Runs getting better. No hip issues.

Marjorie

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

10.1 for me. Runs getting better. No hip issues.

Nice! Back to double digits!

- Andrew

Yugo8

Nice 10 miles during lunch.  It's in the 20s here but it's cold for the area, so there is a lot of freaking out going on.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice 10 miles during lunch.  It's in the 20s here but it's cold for the area, so there is a lot of freaking out going on.

Are they freaking out more than us?

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Nice! Back to double digits!

Yep. Can't push to my 80 mile weeks again yet but I should have over 50 this week with two rest days so continued improvement.

Marjorie

happylily

Fantastic, Marjorie!

2 slices of fruitcake and two glasses of porto already. I knew I was a fruitcake, but now I think I'm also turning into a portoholic. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Speaking of cold weather, I got my Polar Buff today!  Thanks to whoever suggested it (Shari?), should work great.  I am not testing it out in this cold though lol  I'll wait until tomorrow when it's supposed to be a warm 20!

You got a naked polar bear? How does it keep warm?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

You got a naked polar bear? How does it keep warm?

Baboon

delicate flower

7 slowish treadmill miles done on tired legs.  8:27 pace.  I ran a lot of harder miles this week and my legs are feeling it.  No running for the next two days.

<3