Beginners and Beyond

My Boston 2014 RR (Read 77 times)

DaveP MI, Ric-G, GinnyinPA, Docket_Rocket, Dtothe2nd          Thanks everyone!

B-Plus plus    Enjoy next year - it is a very cool event.

fourouta5     Thanks. And speed is relative. There is always someone faster!

LRB, workinprogress11  Thanks. I'm not sure what's next. I'm going to enjoy this one. There is something this fall I have my eye on but no decisions yet. I'm also signed up for a half in late June.

Love the Half    I know a lot of people have been complaining about the "heat". I ran in 2012 and that was heat. I think it was o.k. for wave 1 and I know a couple folks in wave 2 that had good races. I'm not saying it didn't get warm for the latter waves but I thought it was manageable for me. After a few days of thinking however, I wonder if all those treadmill miles due to how much this winter sucked helped acclimate me to temps in the 60's. Maybe a blessing in hindsight.

Jay716  Thanks. Nice race for you as well! It was a just a great day all around.

happylily  lol. Thanks.

Jack K.   Thanks. Not sure about cruise control but it was definitely a little better day than I expected.

runwell3   Congrats on your race!  During this race I backed off about 30-40 seconds/mile for the Newton hills I'm guessing. Then I pushed it on the downhill. I am also someone who doesn't mind training on hills and make sure I incorporate them into my easy and long runs so they just don't intimidate me. Obviously the hills of Newton are a challenge where they come in the race but I think I attacked them just right this year.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Just got around to reading.

Thanks for the report, a lot of good info.

Very nice execution and congrats on the PR!

Don't call me Buttercup!

Congrats!! Sounds like an awesome experience, and a PR to boot? That's just great!

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

LRB

That's a nice rack. 

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Great job Fuzzy. It was a fantastic read.

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dang...2:52!  Congrats on a great marathon for you and on your new PR.    I'm sure this was also a very emotional event for you after doing last year's too.  Very nice report, thanks for sharing!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

Incredible race and great report - almost made me choke up when you mentioned Martin Richard.

Those scarves are very cool - someone sent one to my friend who was about 100 yards from the finish when the bomb went off last year. She was very touched that someone thought of her.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.