Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #114 (Read 25 times)

LRB

Pardon my ignorance but what's the joke here, that ants don't age? Also, I don't even recognize two of them (top middle and bottom right? Is that Hulk and Hawkeye?

LRB

Dave, that is a gorgeous view!  Picture perfect!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's so pretty, Dave!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Pardon my ignorance but what's the joke here, that ants don't age? Also, I don't even recognize two of them (top middle and bottom right? Is that Hulk and Hawkeye?

Yes. Paul Rudd has looked the same since the early 90s when he was in Clueless and it's been a rolling joke every time he's in a movie. At 51 years old, he looks like his 20-30 year old self.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No idea on Antman, but yes to your other questions.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My bling came in today, so now I'm debating on whether to take today and saturday off and go ahead with the 26.2 miles this Sunday. 🤦‍♀️

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Dave, that is a gorgeous view!  Picture perfect!

Cy, the remaining 1.1 was just regular treadmill on my own.  The virtual trainer programs are time based so I did a little on my own before starting it.

Gotcha!

sdWhiskers

7 miles. I had to get up super early to finish it before my 8:30am meeting  Remember when I used to get up before 5am to run? It will be a TOUGH transition when this wfh gig is up.

CA governor says elective surgeries can restart so my life is going to get crazy. MrW will head back to work when his hospital starts back up...not sure if they'll slowly resume or go 24/7 to catch up on the backlog. But I'll be juggling FT work and FT homeschooling/child care solo.

Some parks opened up yesterday (not the parking lots though) and discussion around plan to reopen beaches is ongoing. Only passive activities (walking/running) allowed.

Cyberic

Only passive activities (walking/running) allowed.

Running is a passive activity? 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Running is a passive activity? 

Maybe they mean passive as "passing by"? Although I've never heard the word being used like that.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Maybe they mean passive as "passing by"? Although I've never heard the word being used like that.

Yes. No "active or group sports". Thank god running isn't considered active

DavePNW

Yes. No "active or group sports". Thank god running isn't considered active

I’ve never heard that term either, but in googling it’s all over all the CA news items on the subject. I’m guessing it’s mainly stuff that does not (necessarily) involve direct interaction with other people.

Dave

sdWhiskers

I’ve never heard that term either, but in googling it’s all over all the CA news items on the subject. I’m guessing it’s mainly stuff that does not (necessarily) involve direct interaction with other people.

They've been trying to encourage people to walk on the beach (for example) but don't have a 40 person bon fire or beach volleyball game.

RunningOnSand

Thank god running isn't considered active

LOL Big grin

RunningOnSand

on tap for today:

3 sets of rehabbing exercises, plus 5 x (2min run/2min walk). 1 set of rehab and the run/walk is done.

Turns out that having a couple glasses of wine every night for 6 weeks = 5lbs of weight gain.  That was a brutal awakening...time to get back on the nutrition train. Yeeeeeeehaw.