Beginners and Beyond

Windy WednesDAILIES (Read 27 times)

Cyberic

198.5 miles for the month. How many of you would go out for another 1.5?

Not me. Training wise mathematically, 198.5 is 99.25% as good as 200.

Baboon

delicate flower

I would not.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Even if you'd prefer running earlier? I do know that you need to be more careful with your body than I do, so I guess that is why the 2 weeks is a necessity?

I am pretty lucky to be able to run pretty much whenever I feel like running.

1- My body handles it well

2- I try to stay away from paradigms telling me what to do and when.

ESPECIALLY if I'd prefer running earlier.  I planned to take two weeks off after NYCM, but 2016 was an election year and I was really, really stressed out, and I only made it ten days.  I'm sure it's coincidental that I ended up with a stress fracture a couple of weeks later, but as irritable as I am about not running now, it would be a thousand times worse to break something again.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

Since I've never hit 200 for the month, I would go back out for the extra 1.5.  But if that is not a big milestone for you, then I wouldn't go out and instead just have a new goal for next month.

I'd need about another week and a half in a month to even think of getting to 200, so this will likely never be an issue for me

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

as irritable as I am about not running now, it would be a thousand times worse to break something again.

Of course!

LRB

Slightly less than 8 miles total with 5x1000m. It was OK. Ha, I haven't even checked the paces yet, because I don't think they were that good.

Not me. I would've stopped 3.5 miles sooner. 

GinnyinPA

I would probably do it. The only time I get 200 is during peak marathon training, so it is a big deal for me. Though I would probably do 6.5 rather than just 1.5, because if I'm going to get sweaty, I might as well do a real run.

DavePNW

OK, not that I was seriously thinking about doing the extra 1.5 anyway, but I'm now sufficiently talked out of even having it weigh on my mind. Yes if it was 298.5 I might feel differently. In the middle of the month I thought I'd end up maybe 185, and considering where I've been, pretty happy to be here.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Slightly less than 8 miles total with 5x1000m. It was OK. Ha, I haven't even checked the paces yet, because I don't think they were that good.

Doh. All?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not me. I would've stopped 3.5 miles sooner. 

Yeah. I think the number is making my head explode. 195 is more calming to my brain.

Damaris

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Don't be one of those

LOL!  I ran 2015.6 in 2016.  Didn't realize it until afterwards.  It's haunted me ever since. 

Cy - Who are you?  That new pic is confusing me.

Dave - Nice month, nonetheless!

blue - Don't mix running with politics, unless you're out for a fartlek.

MTA - I'll go out for a spooky 8 tonight.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Runshortii

SRD. Moved weights to tomorrow because my hip flexors are still sore

LRB

OK, not that I was seriously thinking about doing the extra 1.5 anyway, but I'm now sufficiently talked out of even having it weigh on my mind. Yes if it was 298.5 I might feel differently. In the middle of the month I thought I'd end up maybe 185, and considering where I've been, pretty happy to be here.

Regarding the age of your watch, I'm at two years with this stupid thing and I like it no more now than I did way back then. For me, the logical step would be to go to the 645 (one has music and one does not), but I may like that one even less so I've been holding out!

I actually vented on Garmin's Instagram page about the 620. It was perfect in every way and I would be thrilled if they reissued them with minor enhancements rather than the total abomination reconstruction that was the 630. Their response? They blocked me. lol

RunningOnSand

If I'd known this during my run, I would have run the extra. But afterwards? Nope. Too much of a hassle to get back out there, shower again, dirty extra clothes, etc.

Three fucking days! I'm going a bit crazy. The weather forecast looks pretty good though. High of 55, low of 42 (I'm guessing I'll be done running before it gets to 55...damn weather.com doesn't have the hourly forecast yet). Winds 5-10mph. Sun/cloud mix.

In other news, I'm developing a callous in between my littlest toe and second to littlest toe. Hurts like a mofo. So I bought both moleskin and some cushiony bandaid type thing that is supposedly mostly waterproof. OR I could just put a ton of Body Glide on my toes. If you've been in this situation, what have you done? I'm all paranoid about "not doing anything new on race day", but I plan to put it on tonight and wear it for the next day or two to see how either feels.

Excuse me while I go eat my anxiety away, in carbs....

DavePNW

I would probably do it. The only time I get 200 is during peak marathon training, so it is a big deal for me. Though I would probably do 6.5 rather than just 1.5, because if I'm going to get sweaty, I might as well do a real run.

Well after 8 miles with intervals this morning, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be going out for another 6.5 tonight.

Anyway, I did finally check my paces - first 3 were in the 10k/tempo range, last 2 were in the 5k/10k range (or right at 5k based on my last race). That'll have to do. I usually try to hit 5k, but I was not looking at paces at all while running, and just going by effort. To be honest it's hard to read the pace on my watch with bad eyes, in the dark, running fast.

Dave