Beginners and Beyond

Windy WednesDAILIES (Read 27 times)

RunningOnSand

Love those... my mother who is supposed to be a fan of my running (she's the only one who has pics of me running in her house. Even I don't do that) keeps asking me how many kilometers my next marathon? I don't know how to tell her so she understands that marathon is a fixed distance, and other distances are not called a marathon. It just does not sink in.

But this one wins, DaveP!

I had a pretty good one the other day, at a funeral. This woman I hadn't seen in 20 years comes up to me and asks me how I'm doing. She had been talking to my mother a couple of minutes before, so she asks me "So you run marathons?". I smile, and I go "Yeah". And she goes: "Do you do them on a bicycle?" . I froze for a split-second, and said "No, I run them". She went "Oh!"

All of these that Cyber painstakingly cut & pasted made me LOL (and of course they're not showing up here, alas!). In addition to BLue's comment about biking the marathon (regardless of the translation issue, it was hilarious).

RunningOnSand

There's a relatively new product that a lot of ultra runners use called RunGoo. I used it in my last ultra run in mud and puddles. Even though my shoes, socks, and feet were pretty much wet for 8 hours of running, I had no blisters or even any hot spots.

Thanks so much for this recommendation! I'll look it up.

LRB

It had better be perfect

After my experience (69 degrees and sunny) I'm not sure I'll ever roll the dice again. It was the worst day ever!

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles with 6 x 400 at 5k pace. Kinda all over the place with the paces.

How much Vaseline are you all putting on your feet to prevent blisters? I used it before a few races and still got blisters.

bluerun

Super B****

6 miles with 6 x 400 at 5k pace. Kinda all over the place with the paces.

How much Vaseline are you all putting on your feet to prevent blisters? I used it before a few races and still got blisters.

I got a blister at the Paine to Pain Trail Half last month... I'm not particularly prone to blisters, especially in that spot, AND I had put Aquaphor on my feet that day too.  I decided maybe my race socks were too stretched out, because they're who-knows-how-old but hole-free so I figured they're fine.  I was wrong, because when I swapped them out for a new pair, it was such a big difference.  So maybe try different socks?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

After my experience (69 degrees and sunny) I'm not sure I'll ever roll the dice again. It was the worst day ever!

If I don't get a perfect day, I will lost my damn mind because that means I will have to keep doing this!!  (And I don't necessarily mean perfect weather... I don't care about the weather so long as my finish time is satisfactory. )

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

If I don't get a perfect day, 

...it will still be a perfect day. I'm probably one and done with Boston, so I am planning for it to be enjoyable.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Never had blisters even after 8 hours with wet shoes during my 50K and never use lube there. I agree that it’s probably the socks.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

...it will still be a perfect day. I'm probably one and done with Boston, so I am planning for it to be enjoyable.

I wish I had been a one and done... I'm still mad at myself about that.  But I guess now I get to die with a faster PR?

chasing the impossible

LRB

Found in my spam mailbox under the title, How Are You?

"Do not u answer the phone?"

Not for illiterates, no. lol

bluerun

Super B****

Maybe they speak better than they write.

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sounds like an email coming from this administration.

Damaris

KCRuns

That's funny. I used to too.

I'm not making a case for one method or against the other, I'm just killing time till it's bar thirty. And ooh lookie, 4 minutes to go. #out

LOL.  Enjoy!

Baboon

delicate flower

I was able to bug out of work a little early and get a 2500 yard swim done.  Now I can skip it tomorrow.

So far only three candy beggars came to our door.

<3

Cyberic

So far only three candy beggars came to our door.

The woman buys tons of candy. Each kid gets one of each: bag of chips, chocolate bar (both small halloween size), and 6 other small candies.

120 kids came over.  That's about on par with previous years.