Beginners and Beyond

It's the ThursDAILIES! (Read 48 times)

flarunner

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

flarunner

Mornin' Peepages!

Did 8 miles this morning, 5 at tempo. It kinda hurt, but it was a good kinda hurt.

Have a fantastic Thursday, all!

B-Plus

Good morning Dailies!

Nice tempo flarunner.

Where you all at? It's already 4 am on the west coast ... yuck. I'm heading out for 10 miles.

Morning all.

6.4 very muggy miles, (by Northerner standards).

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, folks. Going to do some cross-training today with my strength training class, but going very easy. I think it has been a month since I've done any strength training. Tomorrow will hurt.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies! Good running everyone.

9 straight days of running + rain = RD.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Runners!!

What?  It's Thursday?   I haven't accomplished nearly all that I need to this week!!!

Flarunner - Awesome run this morning!!   How often do you do tempo runs?

B-Plus - Hope the 10 went smoothly!!   And, WOW!   You're up early!!

Dave P - Way to get that run in early!!   I hate muggy runs, but at least you got through it.

The good news from yesterday's doctor's appointment is that my pretty, pretty, pink cast is off!!  Woo Hoo!!   The bad news is that I have to wear a walking cast for 2-3 weeks and then an ankle splint / brace thing for another 1 - 2 weeks so I'm looking at another 4 -6 weeks until running.    BOO!!!    I had even scoped out the fitness center at the hotel where I'll be next week thinking that I'd be able to use it.   :-(    But, on the positive side, I've "downgraded" to a walking cast so I don't need the crutches and that gives me a whole lot more independence!!   Insert dancing banana here.   :-)

Hope your week is going brilliantly and that you're on the downhill slide to the weekend!!   And, may your next run give you some inner peace in this not so peaceful world!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Shari and Andrew!!

Shari - Have a great time at your strength class!!  I'm sure your muscles will remember what you're there for.   :-)

Andrew - Enjoy your well deserved RD!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

flarunner

The good news from yesterday's doctor's appointment is that my pretty, pretty, pink cast is off!!  Woo Hoo!!   The bad news is that I have to wear a walking cast for 2-3 weeks and then an ankle splint / brace thing for another 1 - 2 weeks so I'm looking at another 4 -6 weeks until running.    BOO!!!    I had even scoped out the fitness center at the hotel where I'll be next week thinking that I'd be able to use it.   :-(    But, on the positive side, I've "downgraded" to a walking cast so I don't need the crutches and that gives me a whole lot more independence!!   Insert dancing banana here.   :-)

Hope your week is going brilliantly and that you're on the downhill slide to the weekend!!   And, may your next run give you some inner peace in this not so peaceful world!!

- Sarah

Yay! Progress!

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Just a quick check-in, just wanted to say that I'm back!!!  Had my first pain free run in three weeks last night!!  My hip has been bothering me, and rolling and stretching just wasn't helping much.  Talked to a friend after my 10k on Saturday, from describing the pain she thought it might be my piriformus and gave me a few stretches to try.  Worked perfectly!  Went out for 5.4 miles last night and felt great!  As anyone who has dealt with an injury knows, it sucks when you go out for a run with that dreadful feeling that your injury is going to flare up.  That's how my runs (what few I've done) have been for the last few weeks.  It feels great to know that I can just get back to enjoying my runs.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Thursday!  Short work week...but why does this week feel 'longer' at work for some reason?

Today is my "Hot Day" run of the week.  Will be running after work at one of my favorite local parks.  My run start time will be about 4:30 pm.  My weather conditions will be sunny and partly cloudy, 91 degrees with a 'feels like' temp of 98, humidity of 55 percent and dewpoint of 73.  Can you say 'hydrate hydrate hydrate!"  Not to mention lots of sunscreen.   Nicely,  in this park there are lots of big shade trees all along the trails,  making the temp feel - at least mentally anyway - a couple of degrees cooler.

Congrats on the run, flarunner.  Glad it was the 'good' kinda hurt.

Hope your 10 went well, B-Plus!   4 a.m.!  You are dedicated!

Congrats on the 6 miles, DaveP!

Good luck with the strength training, Step.  Have the biofreeze ready....

Enjoy the rest day, Andrew.

Glad you got the first cast off, Sarah.  Sorry about the walking cast though; however, even if you didn't have that on, no way you'd be able to run again next week, your foot/leg would not be ready that soon after being in a cast, believe me, you have to do the rehab thing now and get it back to 100 percent before you start back to running.   I feel for you....I've had 4 knee surgeries and have done a LOT of rehabbing over my running years.  It sucks waiting, but you certainly don't want a relapse.  Have patience, you'll get there!

That darn piriformis, Dave.....what a pain in the butt!  Joking  Glad you found out what the problem was and are doing better now!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Zelanie, glad your PT appointment went well yesterday!

Damaris, congrats on getting entry into NYC Marathon!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Good Thusdailies morning to you all!  I finally got OUTSIDE for a run this morning for the first time since my injury.  I called an audible on my way to my planned treadmill run and decided to hop on the rail trail instead.  7 miles at 10:11 pace.  I'd like to say it was easy pace and I went slow, but it was actually an honest effort.  That is just where my speed is right now but I'm not worried about it (four months ago I ran the same route at an easy 9:20 pace).  The distance wasn't a problem and I felt ZERO knee pain.  Oddly enough, everything else hurt!  Smile  By the way, the weather was gross.  Warm and 100% humidity.  I was drenched at the end of the run. 

Venti Americano on an empty stomach makes for a hyper Baboon!

May your Thursday be neither vicious nor malicious, just de-lovely and delicious! 

<3

BruceD555

Well, I'm officially switched over to morning runs now. I got in an early 15 miles this morning and it was a tough one given the warm-ish temps, the lingering effects of yesterday's interval session and only about 4 hours of sleep last night. Ughh, this warm/muggy weather also kills my appetite so I've got to figure out someway to refuel to make it through the day ... coffee now - but that's only a temporary boost.

Train smart ... race smarter.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

My run last night wasn't pretty. I got out in 86* with a dewpoint of 64 and did 3.5 of my planned 5-8 hill repeats then slogged the rest of the 6 miles. Barely. It was miserable. Woke up this morning with plans to do another 6 miles, got through two of them and decided to cut it short since since I just wasn't enjoying it one bit. Slogging through 12 horribly uncomfortable hot and humid miles in a 12-hour period didn't seem like a fun idea, and what's the point in doing something if you're completely miserable? So I'll go back out for 4 more tonight.