Beginners and Beyond

Time is Wasting on Tabescent Tuesdailies (Read 46 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

BTW, got my results back from that 'laundry list" the ER gave me when I was in there last week.  I am doing fine, all things considered.

• That spot on my lung is only 1cm - about the size of a fingernail my doc says - and presents no harm.  So it will be monitored - cat scan each year - and if any changes, then a biopsy may be needed, but my doc says that is doubtful.
    • Kidney and liver function 100 percent normal (I have to get this checked once a year, as I take celebrex), no diabetes, abnormalties, etc.
    • Cyst in my left kidney - a simple cyst, pretty normal for people my age, and no changes in that for 5 years now, so just continued yearly monitoring
    • Gallstones - not doing anything, and they are VERY small. Gall bladder is not inflamed and is normal functioning so again, just monitoring for now.
    • Arthritis (spine, knee, hips, slight arthritis in hands).  Increased in my spine by about 3%, about 1% more hip degeneration.  No change in the other areas.  Continue my physical activities/strengthening exercises, per my PT.    Can keep running (Yay) as long as it does not hurt.  No surgery (yay) required at this point and monitoring will continue.

I was joking with Gail the other day that I think my left side is cursed, lol.  When my big toe got infected, I had to have surgery on my left big toe.  When I was in the helicopter crash, it was my left knee I had the screw put into - and then had 3 more surgeries on that knee. When I had my ear surgery, it was my left ear.  My left hip has the most degeneration.  My left arm was the one that got 2nd degree burns one time (have some mild burn scar tissue on that arm), my left eye is the one that had the aneurism near the optical nerve.  The only thing that ever happened to my right:  my ring finger was nearly severed off by a bar girl in Asia - and yeah, there's a story in that. Big grin

So I guess you could say, for an Old Dog, ...I'm pretty much  ALL RIGHT now...Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Scotty...I vote for a full left side transplant!  At this point, it sounds like your right side is going to out-live your left, which could get very interesting.  Seriously though, I'm happy for your positive news.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good news overall, Scotty.

Damaris

Jess runs for bacon

BTW, got my results back from that 'laundry list" the ER gave me when I was in there last week.  I am doing fine, all things considered.

• That spot on my lung is only 1cm - about the size of a fingernail my doc says - and presents no harm.  So it will be monitored - cat scan each year - and if any changes, then a biopsy may be needed, but my doc says that is doubtful.
          • Kidney and liver function 100 percent normal (I have to get this checked once a year, as I take celebrex), no diabetes, abnormalties, etc.
          • Cyst in my left kidney - a simple cyst, pretty normal for people my age, and no changes in that for 5 years now, so just continued yearly monitoring
          • Gallstones - not doing anything, and they are VERY small. Gall bladder is not inflamed and is normal functioning so again, just monitoring for now.
          • Arthritis (spine, knee, hips, slight arthritis in hands).  Increased in my spine by about 3%, about 1% more hip degeneration.  No change in the other areas.  Continue my physical activities/strengthening exercises, per my PT.    Can keep running (Yay) as long as it does not hurt.  No surgery (yay) required at this point and monitoring will continue.

I was joking with Gail the other day that I think my left side is cursed, lol.  When my big toe got infected, I had to have surgery on my left big toe.  When I was in the helicopter crash, it was my left knee I had the screw put into - and then had 3 more surgeries on that knee. When I had my ear surgery, it was my left ear.  My left hip has the most degeneration.  My left arm was the one that got 2nd degree burns one time (have some mild burn scar tissue on that arm), my left eye is the one that had the aneurism near the optical nerve.  The only thing that ever happened to my right:  my ring finger was nearly severed off by a bar girl in Asia - and yeah, there's a story in that. Big grin

So I guess you could say, for an Old Dog, ...I'm pretty much  ALL RIGHT now...Joking

My mind instantly came up with about twenty imaginary stories about the finger in Asia...

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I did 2.1 with WRP. We ran 1.5 straight, then she wanted to walk, so we walked about half a mile, then I challenged her to run up the hill at the park. So we ran up and then she said "Ugghhh I feel like I'm going to puke" and I said "No you don't."

Then we walked half a mile back to the office. It was a good outing. More miles after work.

SIAR, I don't know a lot of the details but I think it's just amicable. I'm pretty sure she has a boyfriend. He said he'll set the story straight in the dailies today. I'm eagerly waiting for his arrival.

Ah, glad I wasn't the only one that was more than a little confused.  Maybe he's been a little angry lately and that's why he's winning everything he enters (clearly immense talent and consistent, ridiculous workouts aren't the answer).

Nice run with the work partner.  It's funny you pushed her up the hill as I did the same thing to the guy I ran with last night.  Since I mainly run with my running friends at their paces, I have to occasionally remind them that I can beat them.  Is that evil? lol

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

My mind instantly came up with about twenty imaginary stories about the finger in Asia...

I know, right?  Hands to yourself, you Old Dog Smile

Jess runs for bacon

Oh I walked a little over five miles on the TM today. I've been trying to do my TV watching on it instead of bed. Today I started the show Suits, which I must say us quite promising. Especially since I am a lady who likes a man in a good suit *swoon*

YAYpril - B-Plus

Nice run with the work partner.  It's funny you pushed her up the hill as I did the same thing to the guy I ran with last night.  Since I mainly run with my running friends at their paces, I have to occasionally remind them that I can beat them.  Is that evil? lol

Haha. She was a competitive gymnast for years so she has a lot of sprint power. She hauled it up the hill and afterward I said "Sheesh, I had to actually WORK to keep up with you!" Big grin

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

That's okay...I had some stories in my head about you and the bubble bath the other evening... Wink

I'll tell the Asia story one of these days....and I was an innocent victim!  Honest!  Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Haha. She was a competitive gymnast for years so she has a lot of sprint power. She hauled it up the hill and afterward I said "Sheesh, I had to actually WORK to keep up with you!" Big grin

My AEW (actual x-wife) was a high level gymnast for a long time...girl had abs for life. I used to argue with one of my office mates all the time about what kind of 5k time a national level gymnast could run. I always guessed around 24:00, to which she took offense.

Jess runs for bacon

That's okay...I had some stories in my head about you and the bubble bath the other evening... Wink

I'll tell the Asia story one of these days....and I was an innocent victim!  Honest!  Joking

Suuuuuure

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

scotty glad things are ok....what is UP with that left side..?!?! That is crazy!!! I know the Latin word for left is "sinister" but your body seems to have taken that literally!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Dang, marjorie, it's STILL raining where you are?  You better start running with a life vest!

Enjoy your RD, Zelanie.

Hope you had a nice 'runch' April.

Nice run, Tom!  Stairs at a race, that should be interesting.  Nice find on the new dishwasher!

Yes it is and we will get more tonight.  It is thundering now again.

Like Jay had on yesterday's thread I may need to run with a floatation device if it continues.  We may go to no rain Thursday afternoon.  We are so far ahead of yearly total it is amazing.  And we aren't at the height of hurricane season so it is scary as the ground is already so saturated that if we get a tropical system it could be really bad.  Unless we dry out over many many weeks so there is room for more water.  Lucky none are foreseen in the near future

Marjorie

Baboon

delicate flower

I ran!  8.2 miles at 9:18 pace.  I decided to take my chances with the weather even though heavy rain is in the forecast.  "Feels like" 90 outside.  Crap was it hot.  I was doing fine for the first 5 miles and it felt easy, then I quickly got tired and slowed way the hell down.  I don't know if it's a product of not being used to the heat, if I went out too fast the first few miles even though it felt easy, or if I was just off today.  Maybe a little bit of everything.  Still a decent run and pretty good easy pace for a hot July run.  

Scotty, nice to hear you still have your health!  Cool

<3

Hip Redux

I'm glad you got the OK from the docs, Scotty!

This is the End was a friggin riot.  Probably not something everyone will like, but if you are into crass and/or dark comedy, this is your ticket.   I am pretty sure I have never seen a movie like that before lol