Beginners and Beyond

The best choice in the Hershey Miniatures bag is... (Read 416 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

QFT.  

Now I truly  regret that I was just in Madison for Thanksgiving and didn't get to meet you.  Your good taste shines through.

Oh crap!  Did you used to go by another username or am I just  being dense? I need avatars to help me recognize people!  (Shit, I'm getting old.)

Running is dumb.

Ken WD

Secondly, the canadian angle and the nestle tangent.

My friends, I give you smarties.  Smarties in Canada =/= Smarties in the states.  And smarties in Canada MO BETTAH because they have chocolate (they are like m&ms, sort of).

You just blew my mind. I didn't know that Smarties in the US were different than Canadian ones! You guys didn't have all those commercial jingles about eating the red ones last? Yes, Canadian Smarties are similar to M&Ms, though I think the candy shell is a bit thicker. Unlike Coffee Crips and ketchup chips, you guys aren't missing anything by not having Canadian Smarties. Apparently the American Smarties are the same as the Rockets in Canada. I always hated getting those at Halloween when I was a kid.

Mmmmm...beer

Someone please break down the difference between red vines and twizzlers for me.  Mahalo.

What I want to know is why are the small individual twizzlers that you get for Halloween different (and way better) than regular twizzlers that come in a big bag?

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I always liked those pull apart Twizzlers.  Pull n Peel?

Running is dumb.

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

I am not familiar with the Krackle, but I could go for a Mr. Goodbar right now.

In transit, arriving on time. 

Peace out!

Special Dark....THEN Mr. Goodbar.

What FlippyNoodle said.

PRs:

5k -    22:39      12/11     10k -  49:10      11/11

20k -  1:56:56    9/12      13.1 - 1:54:07    3/12

30k -   3:05:54   9/12      26.2 -  5:00:27 10/12

Peace out!

sorry, double post....

PRs:

Peace out!

I could go for a Mr. Goodbar right now.

Diane Keaton, is that you?

Mr. Goodbar

PRs:

xor

You just blew my mind. I didn't know that Smarties in the US were different than Canadian ones! You guys didn't have all those commercial jingles about eating the red ones last? Yes, Canadian Smarties are similar to M&Ms, though I think the candy shell is a bit thicker. Unlike Coffee Crips and ketchup chips, you guys aren't missing anything by not having Canadian Smarties. Apparently the American Smarties are the same as the Rockets in Canada. I always hated getting those at Halloween when I was a kid.

Exactly!

Down here, as a kid, I always viewed smarties as a crappy sweettart rip off.  But in Canada, they are fancy m&ms.  WHAAAA?

Speaking of, it always bothered me that reeses pieces had no chocolate.  peanut butter m&ms > reeses pieces and it isn't close.

Baboon

delicate flower

Speaking of, it always bothered me that reeses pieces had no chocolate. 

That is like saying it bothers you that appie pie does not have blueberries in it.  Reese's Pieces are a peanut butter candy and should be appreciated as such.  You have plenty of chocolate options.  If they are good enough for E.T., they are good enough for you.

<3

zfish

King Rake

Special Dark, no question.

rainmakerrc

Love me some white chocolate kit kat. Also trigun is a kick ass anime series!

You, sir, have excellent taste.

RunJasonRun

I still can't believe that I'm the only one pimping the Andes Mint Chocolates.  Best "miniature" candy ever.

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

xor

That is like saying it bothers you that appie pie does not have blueberries in it.  Reese's Pieces are a peanut butter candy and should be appreciated as such.  You have plenty of chocolate options.  If they are good enough for E.T., they are good enough for you.

No, it is nothing like that at all.  Regular reeses have chocolate.  Heck, when we were kids, "you put peanut butter in my chocolate... you put chocolate in my peanut butter!" was a chant we all knew.  Just based on that, I expected reeses pieces to have the same ingrediments, plus a candy shell.  But no.  I was sad.  Very different from your pie example.

Hell, it made me like ET that much less.  (overamped drama alert)

runfoolery

Thread title clearly limits the conversation to the few candies in the Hershey Miniatures bag. I'm reporting you all for off topic conversation. Grr.