Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #11 (Read 32 times)

Cyberic

RD #3 for me, and I'm fine with it. What do you fine gentlemen and ladies have planned for today?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Up early to run the Frozen Finger 5 Miler. It's going to be near 70, so no fingers will be freezing today. Football watching later.

delicate flower

Good morning!!  I got Baboon sleep last night and rolled out of bed at 6:30 after sleeping 10 hours.  I don't have a run scheduled, but I'll be running anyway because it's going to be 60 degrees and I'm not going to miss that opportunity.  I also have a bike workout.  Sitting outside the grocery store right now waiting for them to open.

Good luck, HCK!!

<3

LRB

Up early to run the Frozen Finger 5 Miler. It's going to be near 70, so no fingers will be freezing today. Football watching later.

Huge game, YUGE. The Ravens have been a lethal buzzsaw all year, the city has got to be pumped!

LRB

What do you fine gentlemen and ladies have planned for today?

Trying to figure out how far to run and what to wear in this crap;

LRB

RD #3 for me, and I'm fine with it.

How did you decide upon the 10 minute/20 minute tempo run format for your critical power test, as opposed to the 9 minute and 3 minute or 6 laps and 3 laps test? Have you done just that one from October?

onemile

Trying to figure out how far to run and what to wear in this crap;

ice skates? If it's anything like here...

onemile

Cyberic

How did you decide upon the 10 minute/20 minute tempo run format for your critical power test, as opposed to the 9 minute and 3 minute or 6 laps and 3 laps test? Have you done just that one from October?

No access to a track, so I ruled the 6/3 laps test out. The 10-20 minutes tempo  are not in Stryd's supported options in my version of Power Center. That left the 9/3 minutes test.

But now I let the auto-detect switch on, and I adapt my understanding of the number to the level of effort I know I put in the past 3 months.  So depending on what I did I'll know if it's probably good or a little soft.

LRB

No access to a track, so I ruled the 6/3 laps test out. The 10-20 minutes tempo  are not in Stryd's supported options in my version of Power Center. That left the 9/3 minutes test.

But now I let the auto-detect switch on, and I adapt my understanding of the number to the level of effort I know I put in the past 3 months.  So depending on what I did I'll know if it's probably good or a little soft.

Ah, okay. I misread the workout, I thought it was 10 & 20.

I was just curious because deciding which way to torture myself test to perform has not been easy. Thanks

LRB

ice skates? If it's anything like here...

The Ice Storm of The Century hasn't arrived yet. It's actually 53 degrees, which is complicating matters. Like, I almost need to go run for a half mile, just to see how I need to dress to go run.

sdWhiskers

You guys stole my weather! 40 something degrees at my 5k start.

onemile

The Ice Storm of The Century hasn't arrived yet. It's actually 53 degrees, which is complicating matters. Like, I almost need to go run for a half mile, just to see how I need to dress to go run.

shorts and a tshirt. go do it.

LRB

I wasn't able to get the podcasts to my watch from my computer for whatever reason (maybe they'll upload overnight). I downloaded Spotify but need a premium account to add it to my watch so that's out. Looks like it's back to running with my phone if I want to continue listening to technobabble.

onemile

You guys stole my weather! 40 something degrees at my 5k start.

perfect!