Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Championship WeekenDAILYS (Read 29 times)

Zelanie

Saph, the nice thing about a treadmill is that once you settle in and get in the zone, you can take your brain entirely offline and just run. Today I was miserable for like 3 miles, so much so that I planned to stop at 3. But then 3 became 4, 4 became 5, and then I might as well keep going for a full hour. And at that point, I might as well finish out 6 miles.

On the good days, though, it's like meditation.

I think I would love to have a TM for the garage, but so far I've been too cheap to get one.

obiebyke

Z, treadmills make me feel SUPER dizzy. Can't do it.

My 25 minutes felt so so good. The weather is gorgeous and I was feeling strong. Ran at 5K PR pace without meaning to.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

tracilynn

5 miles on trails done. Horrible run. My right shin hurt, my legs are still sore from lunges the other day, my PF was acting up, I was tired and the PM was threatening the whole time. BLAH. Glad it's over

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

Traci, that means you have an awesome run coming up soon!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Group run 3.3 with Angie and TJ.

Running for TJ because he can't.

GinnyinPA

I don't mind the treadmill, for the most part.  The first mile, a slow warm-up, is the hardest, but as Melanie said, once you get a couple of miles in it really isn't bad.  Most of my runs are progressive, so the miles get faster as I go.  My longest TM run was 14 miles at a period where I was having a hard time doing my long runs because I kept going too fast. The TM kept me on pace.  It helps that I can listen to music when I'm home or watch a trail video.  I can't do music outdoors since I usually run on rural roads with blind corners and I need to be able to hear traffic coming.

That said, I am really hoping the rain will stop so I can do my long run outdoors tomorrow.  5 today on the TM.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran 10 with hubby.  Weights tomorrow because that was too much for a day I was supposed to run 6 and I need to cook dinner so no time.

Damaris

Hi Pens!

After a lovely day with DD -- annual Christmas shopping excursion in good old fashioned, down town Americana. What fun and so special every year. We were supposed to be home early enough for DH and I to go to the park where I run and he rides his bike. By the time I got home, the sun was setting, so I settled on my 5 mile run around here with headlamp in the dark. Great night.

Tomorrow, the plan is to get up early and meet up with a group of runners at the LRS. They put out water on the trail, which is pretty nice. The only problem is setting an alarm on Sunday mornings. Sorta against the rules in my book.

Have a great evening, friends. Couch time with a good ole classic movie and DH.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

hog4life

I ended up getting 13.55 without Bella. She needed a rest, plus, she got a bath last night and I am not ready to bath her again. Temp was low 50's with the wind blowing like crazy.

sap, I don't use the TM much anymore, but when I did, I looked at it as a necessary evil. You have to do it if you want your miles.maybe try to vary the workout, change speed, change incline, etc. And I like the thing about turning off your brain, that's easy for me.

Traci,  you better not be getting injured again!

on my way to badass

HI Penguins! I'm still around. I've been keeping up with the holiday streak. DH and I are going to pick up our Christmas present to each other today. We bought a hamster wheel! I'll take any and all tips for treadmill running. Traci- you are so due for an awesome run. Ginny-that Saturday weather was the worst.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  5 and weights tonight.

Damaris

5:30 alarm on Sunday. What has happened to me? Drove to the LRS to meet other runners, but the scheduled changed and I was solo. Went to one of my favorite running trails and had a nice, slow run in the mist. Had a good book to keep me company for 8 miles. Trying to warm up now with a cup of coffee before stopping for some groceries.  Then home to decorate the tree.

Enjoy the day ahead all!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

PADRunner

Morning, 10 miles done this morning at LHR. It's really slow but it just feels right now. Wish I had been doing this the last 2 years.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Streak run done  in the blustery cold.  (Though not too cold)  Maybe I'm finally getting used to streaking a bit after 11 days.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Sapf and StoneFence, good job keeping up with the streak.

Kathleen, sorry about your schedule mixup, but it sounds like you had a lovely run anyway.

obie, great job on your PR pace run!

PAD, nice running this morning.

AFM, 6.1 done this morning in sunny Las Vegas. I haven't done much posting (or running!) the last couple of weeks because of so much travel. Headed home today and I hope to hit the ground running tomorrow with my marathon training!