Beginners and Beyond

Am I the only one that doesn't like figure skating? (Read 105 times)

happylily

Then you haven't been watching Kaetlyn Osmond.  WOW!

She was amazing! So beautiful on the ice...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

Then you haven't been watching Kaetlyn Osmond.  WOW!

Good East coast Newfoundland girl there!!!

RSX

Haha.  I remember that too.  I wonder if they were expecting Nancy to hit her with a hockey stick or what.

When Tonya was whining about her shoe at the Olympics, that was my favorite.  But it came undone, whawhawhawha.

But the why me whine was a classic also.

In the interest of rejecting reality and substituting my own, here are the mostly objective Winter BuffalOlympics!

Team Shoveling - 3 athletes must completely clear 10 regulation-sized parking spaces of all ambient snow as quickly as possible.  Two push shovels, one scoop.  Each competition is stand-alone, as there could be anywhere from 6" to over 5' of snow with various moisture content.

Log Splitting - Keep that woodburner stoked when it's cold.  Which is ALL. THE. TIME.  Make 50 logs into 100 smaller logs in the fastest time to win.  Submitting a piece of wood that is not cleanly split and/or shorter than the original is grounds for DQ.

Golf - Already an established game, but you can compete against the Bills and Sabres during their respective NFL and NHL playoff seasons.  In Florida!

Snowball Fight - 5 player teams, 50 square yard arena.  No physical contact, make someone on the other team cry Uncle to win.

Ice floe Chunkin' - Something like the ones on TV that use pumpkins, but set up on the river.  The objective is to break a window in Canada.

Beer Run - When conditions warrant a travel ban, competitors will race identical vehicles 5 miles to a beer store, purchase a 30 pack of Labatt Blue, and return.  Maps, GPS, and snow brushes are banned items.  The vehicles are 1987 Dodge Shadows with bald tires, no heat, and suspect wipers.  May the odds be ever in your favor!

RSX

Sign me up for team shoveling in the masters division. I have never owned a snow blower, so have had a lot of practice. Most storms I like the workout.

Speaking of former Buffalo players does this ever get old?

"Have another donut you fat pig"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXpcb5aTnPk

Zelanie

Sounds like fun.  I assume there is a Team Shoveling aspect to the beer run competition as well, as the cars need to be dug out before they can be driven?

Little Blue

In the log splitting competition, the logs need to be of uniform size and shape.  We heat with wood, and this is very important to stacking.  In fact, the teams can come to my house in the off season to practice,

Hip Redux

Will the Team Shovelers have outfits with sequins?  I think they need sequins.