Beginners and Beyond

Thursday's Planking Penguins (Read 26 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

She Can: YEAH!! I am trying to get DW to sign up for the HM. We could do an easy carb load dinner or just carb load (have a beer or two) with your DH. It will be fun. Smile

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

All that twerking must have worn me out.  Only 3x1 mile at 10:20 today, but kept the streak going.

Amazonian Princess

Twerking and streaking? Goodness Wink

Finally remembered to have a meatless lunch (tofu pad Thai) because I've been trying to have a "meatless" day since Monday! DH bought tickets to the Bacon Festival on Saturday, and while I don't think one veg day will balance it out, I still think it's a good idea and I'll keep trying weekly.

So great to read about everyone planking! I don't mind doing it barefoot, but I think I can hold position longer with shoes on. Doing about a minute every other day for consistency and 97 seconds with the trainer on Tuesday.

Will I ruin my progress by running with regular walk breaks? Before my Garmin I'd run until I needed to walk but I set my Garmin for 6 min run and 1 min walk (friends suggestion) and it seems too easy but I feel like I could go further.Should I change the intervals to see how many miles i can build or just go back to running as long/much as I can? Right now, my only goal is a stronger 5k by end of October.

All that twerking must have worn me out.  Only 3x1 mile at 10:20 today, but kept the streak going.

I can. I will. I am. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hahaha@ Phillie, whew, I'm glad it wasn't just me.  As I do them several times during the day, I've also been caught in my jammies doing them.  Danged that Traci making us so hard cored and obsessed!  (((((((( Traci )))))))))))

Bin--- ahhh, okay, I don't blame you for not wanting to push it Sunday after this cough has plagued you so much. Your long term health is number one.

Awood, thank you for clearning that up.  I wasn't sure how to go about it.

Scotty, I'm also signed up for the Tucson Marathon in December with Jack.  We'll probably meet up if my shy side doesn't whimp out.  Joking

I was looking at the site and saw they have a 10K....but then I read the course description...SIX laps of the UA Mall...BORING!  Are the white rat lab scientists at UA organizing the 10K?  Sheesh.

Too bad there is no half-marathon relay.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

tracilynn

Good job Bacon!  I think I would just decrease your walking interval until you don't need it anymore.  try a 30 sec walk. Or maybe 45 secs if 30 isn't enough.

did anyone watch extreme weight loss where the lady couldn't run a mile and 3 month later she did 26.2 In Paris? I think she did walk run intervals for the 26.2.

BUT

in her training (of only a few weeks) she went from barely running a mile straight to running 9 miles straight. Pretty impressive and at that point she was still pretty heavy.

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

Did someone say beer?

~~~~~~~

Traci

SheCan

Jack-- She Can: YEAH!! I am trying to get DW to sign up for the HM. We could do an easy carb load dinner or just carb load (have a beer or two) with your DH. It will be fun. Smile

Oh that sounds fun!  That's what we'll try for!

Traci-- in her training (of only a few weeks) she went from barely running a mile straight to running 9 miles straight. Pretty impressive and at that point she was still pretty heavy.

I know there's people that can do things like that, but in my world, that is a superman feat.  I've never been athletic, so it took me like forever to get to 9 miles.  Did someone say beer?  Omgosh, I think I smell some!

scotty--I was looking at the site and saw they have a 10K....but then I read the course description...SIX laps of the UA Mall...BORING!  Are the white rat lab scientists at UA organizing the 10K?  Sheesh.

Seriously?  I'd not paid attention to it until now.  That's really quite lame.  Seems they could have easily made a better course for the non-relay version.  Damned rat lab scientists making you not wanna come meet us in Tucson!  But, Phoenix is still on the table eventually Big grin

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I am so behind!!! I haven't really been on here much during my vacation. Let's see if I have the patience later to go through old daily thrads and see what you were all up to.

Yesterday I did 5 miles along the South Beach boardwalk in Miami. It was POURING rain the whole time. Probably more pleasant than the humidity Damaris complains about though so I won't complain too much...and then the rain cleared and it ended up being a lovely beach day in spite of the forecast. My dad started the run with me but his hamstring was really  bothering him so at 2.5 miles out, where we turned he told me to go ahead and he would walk back and meet me at the hotel. I felt bad so I finished my 5 by kind of running little out and backs and then when I was done could walk the rest of the way back with him and not leave him to walk alone in the rain the whole 2.5 miles.

Home from Miami now. 12 days of travelling done. Staying at my parents' in NJ tonight then will return to Brooklyn tomorrow.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Did someone say beer?

Yes, that was me. You need to come to Tucson and join us!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Beer and pool for me tonight.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Yes, that was me. You need to come to Tucson and join us!!

Post run PBR....

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Awood: Nat Daddies? I still have not seen those out here.

Jerry: PBR is not that bad!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I think the Natty Daddy got pulled.  I can't find them in Detroit even.

Awood: Nat Daddies? I still have not seen those out here.

Jerry: PBR is not that bad!!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013