Beginners and Beyond

Wherefore Art Thou, FRIDAILIES? (Read 41 times)

Hip Redux

Pfft, that'll be the day. 

Well, that day is today!

LRB

Well, that day is today!

I guess so!  It appears I need to surf the internet more. lol

DavePNW

I guess so!  It appears I need to surf the internet more. lol

No you don't. You can get all your important news from RA, you just have to believe it when you read it!

Dave

LRB

No you don't. You can get all your important news from RA, you just have to believe it when you read it!

True dat.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

You are climbing back up there, how is everything?

Love that shirt Jack!

It is acceptable. Best way to put it. I can do the full 8 without having to stop to walk around because of the foot(toe)  I want to do 10 everyday again but need to be mindful of the damn toe

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LeBron back to Cleveland??!

I heard.  I wonder how those fans will react after all the talk against him.

Damaris

DavePNW

I heard.  I wonder how those fans will react after all the talk against him.

If they win, all will be forgotten.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If they win, all will be forgotten.

True.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I made the mistake of checking our weather.   I think it's TM time tonight.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

It's getting really dark outside around here.  I hope it hurries up and rains and then moves outta here before my two 5Ks this weekend.  I don't mind some light rain when I'm running, but these clouds look like they are gonna pour down some serious stuff.

Hope you have fun with your spontaneous hamster miles, redrum.

Yeah, Andrew, what Damaris said.  Well, we don't get quite as high as her area does in January, but we do get into the upper 60s, lower 70s. That is considered some nice spring weather for we hot-weather Texans.

Congrats on squeezing in 13 miles, ootb! good luck with your upcoming taper.

Probably a wise decision to take the day off, D2, with winds like that!  Running one minute...flying with the trees and signs the next...uh oh!

Nice shirt, Jack!

Your mileage is getting back up, Marjorie, way to go!  Nice to see you back here with us.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Jack this is for you...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You know what is a fun workout for the core? Hula hooping, and not with the crap hoops you can buy at a toy store, but a weighted hula hoop, I think mine is 2-4 lbs. I finally got back into it Tuesday and i already feel a difference, and Dorian gets a huge kick out of it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

You know what is a fun workout for the core? Hula hooping, and not with the crap hoops you can buy at a toy store, but a weighted hula hoop, I think mine is 2-4 lbs. I finally got back into it Tuesday and i already feel a difference, and Dorian gets a huge kick out of it.

Unfortunately, you have to be somewhat coordinated..which leaves me out, lol.  I could never even hula hoop with a regular one!

B-Plus

I declare Cyber as the winner of the dailies!

D2 - I'll give you one more option to ponder. Continue with your own base building for 6 weeks (maybe just follow the Pfitz workouts), then jump into the 18-week plan with 12 weeks to go. You'll have the benefit of more miles if you're running more, and longer mesocycles 2&3 if you need to work on those things. I feel like if you're going to train for 12 weeks, you should be jumping straight into the meat of the specific workouts rather than spending 4 weeks on endurance.

Shit, I haven't run yet and it's already 75 and rising. Forecasted for 84 today which would be an all time high for me to run in.

B-Plus

Shit, I haven't run yet and it's already 75 and rising. Forecasted for 84 today which would be an all time high for me to run in.

I just checked. I ran in both 91 and 86 once. Did 82 a few times.