Beginners and Beyond

Now or Never SunDAILIES (Read 44 times)

LRB

Blah.

I'll be back...

Cyberic

Thanks for starting the dailies, LRB! Such a simple task, yet I was too lazy to do it.

Ran a little less than two hours. 1:57 for 23.7 km, and 116.3 km for the week. Why am I not converting to miles as I usually do?

Because I reached 4000 kms for the year today. And now, I need an average of 100 kms / week to reach 5000 for the year!

If I convert to miles, then it's all just random numbers.

Thanks for starting the dailies, LRB! Such a simple task, yet I was too lazy to do it.

Ran a little less than two hours. 1:57 for 23.7 km, and 116.3 km for the week. Why am I not converting to miles as I usually do?

Because I reached 4000 kms for the year today. And now, I need an average of 100 kms / week to reach 5000 for the year!

If I convert to miles, then it's all just random numbers.

Well, it's ALL really just random numbers...

But 5000 km is a pretty damn impressive accomplishment.

Dave

Cyberic

Easy pace discussion: I just checked and since I started marathon training (2015) my easy pace has been (runs logged as easy/aerobic):

2015- 8:11

2016- 8:11

2017- 8:08

My overall pace average has been as consistant (any run):

2015- 8:03

2016- 7:55

2017- 7:55

In 2017 I have not run a marathon, but I'm still training my base as a marathon runner. Just didn't do any specific marathon training.

My average paces are pretty steady, and my race times are gradually, yet very slowly, getting better. No big fitness jumps. Continuous steady work yields continuous steady improvement, measured in years.

Cyberic

Random, yes, but nice in kms (4000, 5000, 100/week)

The 5000 has yet to come, though.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 8 tonight.

Hanging out with my dad today.

Damaris

delicate flower

Hey. I ran 19.5 miles at 7:16 avg pace. Da fuck just happened???

<3

Very impressive!

Baboon- that is one serious LR! Nice pace

Sore as hell today from yesterday's LR/tempo. Made a big pancake breakfast and enjoying my day off. Foam rolling currently, trying to work out some kinks.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

LRB

I have friends who were raised in other countries and to a man they all swear by the metric system, and mock the standard system. I get it. It's perfect. I don't understand it though and am past the point of trying (mostly because I am lazy). I measure distance in inches, feet, yards and miles. View volume in ounces, pints, quarts and gallons. Weigh solids in ounces and pounds, and read temperature in Fahrenheit.

I know grams (up to 28) because my friends () smoked the shit out of weed when I was a yougin'. I know meters (up to 1600) because I run. Anything above that, forget it. Centimeters? Nope. Millimeters? What's that. Kilometers? In English please. Stones? You mean like Mick Jagger? 42 kilometers is a marathon? Really?

I know that my beloved wine comes in 750 milliliter bottles, but I pour it in 6 ounce servings.

Anyway, I am sure the people who matter most can appreciate Eric's log entries, and that's all that really counts.

LRB

You confirmed your GMP.

That's a damn fine piece of running, son.

10 miles, 33 for the week.

Dave

Cyberic

Nice run Baboon!

LRB, I have no problem with that. I used to have my log in miles for you guys, but decided to switch it to metric for myself, knowing that it would make it alien to you guys. Not that I don't like you, but I prefer understanding my log myself Smile

I reached 2485 miles today, and if I keep an average of 62 mpw, I will reach 3106 miles in 2017.

In English please. Stones? You mean like Mick Jagger? 

This is in fact English, and is the unit Mick Jagger would weigh himself in. It is equal to 14 pounds, and is only used in the UK and Ireland, and only used for body weight - everything else has gone kg. At 170 lb, I would say I'm 12 stone 2 (12x14 + 2 lb).

Also they still use miles for their road signs in the UK. They just never want to totally conform to the rest of Europe.

Dave

Nice run Baboon!

LRB, I have no problem with that. I used to have my log in miles for you guys, but decided to switch it to metric for myself, knowing that it would make it alien to you guys. Not that I don't like you, but I prefer understanding my log myself Smile

I reached 2485 miles today, and if I keep an average of 62 mpw, I will reach 3106 miles in 2017.

Even LRB ought to be able to figure out that if a 5k is 3.1 miles, 5000k is 3100 miles.

Dave

RunningOnSand

To everyone who took the time to search and post their mileage by years with easy pace - that was SO interesting to me! Thanks so much. Now I have an additional category to add to my training log for future years. I personally love looking back through logs to see improvements or trends. Fun to geek out to runners stuff with other runners.

SRD here. And it's good b/c I'm feeling so lazy. I usually am asleep ~10pm ish, up by 6/7am. But the past couple nights i've stayed up past midnight and have slept way in, so I'm feeling very jet lagged.